Bring on the Funk

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Resurrecting this thread. Just heard about these guys. Phenomenal musicians. Here's their whole new album. Opening track is one of my favorites.
smile.png

For the resurrection - I do not know what the hell is wrong with my speakers and cannot actually listen to the tunes.
Will go old school stereo for the funk I do possess now that I am in the mood for it - and a Friday cocktail. What goes best with Funk?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Mrs Gravy.

I dont visit this side of the forum much as I normally keep my musical side separate from this site. Galatic has been the best late night show I've ever been to.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
One of my favorite albums:

Other good shit:

Arguably a pretty funky album:

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Hot Rats is way more jazz than funk. Peaches En Regalia is even in the Real Book. I know funk/jazz can be a fine line but Hot Rats is straight jazz for the most part.

• 2Like

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Mrs Gravy.

I dont visit this side of the forum much as I normally keep my musical side separate from this site. Galatic has been the best late night show I've ever been to.
I somehow managed to miss this post until this morning. That being stated, the timing is perfect as it has already been a tough day, and this post brought me back to gratitude. In April of 2005, G took me out for my 40th birthday. First he took me to a nice local seafood restaurant where he had the waiter deliver a gift under a cloche...a string of pearls...then he took me to Mississippi Nights to see Galactic. It was a very good night and I am now smiling in my recollection of it.
Thank you.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
Gravy treated his lady right and liked funk music. That's all I need to know to determine that man was a Don.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity