Bring on the Funk

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Resurrecting this thread. Just heard about these guys. Phenomenal musicians. Here's their whole new album. Opening track is one of my favorites.
smile.png

For the resurrection - I do not know what the hell is wrong with my speakers and cannot actually listen to the tunes.
Will go old school stereo for the funk I do possess now that I am in the mood for it - and a Friday cocktail. What goes best with Funk?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Mrs Gravy.

I dont visit this side of the forum much as I normally keep my musical side separate from this site. Galatic has been the best late night show I've ever been to.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
One of my favorite albums:

Other good shit:

Arguably a pretty funky album:

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Hot Rats is way more jazz than funk. Peaches En Regalia is even in the Real Book. I know funk/jazz can be a fine line but Hot Rats is straight jazz for the most part.

• 2Like

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Mrs Gravy.

I dont visit this side of the forum much as I normally keep my musical side separate from this site. Galatic has been the best late night show I've ever been to.
I somehow managed to miss this post until this morning. That being stated, the timing is perfect as it has already been a tough day, and this post brought me back to gratitude. In April of 2005, G took me out for my 40th birthday. First he took me to a nice local seafood restaurant where he had the waiter deliver a gift under a cloche...a string of pearls...then he took me to Mississippi Nights to see Galactic. It was a very good night and I am now smiling in my recollection of it.
Thank you.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
Gravy treated his lady right and liked funk music. That's all I need to know to determine that man was a Don.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity