Bring on the Funk

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I'm a big fan of this genre, as well as others, but right now I'm in a funk mood.

I'm going to try and give this video embedding thing a shot, bear with me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravy

Bronze Squire
We need the funk, gotta have the funk

And my new boy, Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue. Hottest band I've ever seen live.

• 3Like

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gap Band is funky, and the video for You Dropped The Bomb On Me is gloriously gay. A+, would watch again.

Speaking of awesome videos, Atomic Dog says hi.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Funk music is some of the greatest music in the world. Dat pocket groove.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Gap Band is funky, and the video for You Dropped The Bomb On Me is gloriously gay. A+, would watch again.
Hah, that was totally ghey, but I've always liked that song.

Some Parliment:

• 2Like

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
i direct you to the superbad soundtrack. it pretty much consists of some of the best funk i've ever heard.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
These guys. One of the better pure funk bands I've seen. Sucks that in this video you can't hear the piano. Because that cat rips.

• 1Like

Gravy

Bronze Squire
These guys. One of the better pure funk bands I've seen. Sucks that in this video you can't hear the piano. Because that cat rips.
I diggin' what they are putting down. And you're right, they needed a mic on the piano.

• 2Like

Gravy

Bronze Squire
i direct you to the superbad soundtrack. it pretty much consists of some of the best funk i've ever heard.

I'm with you. And as a horn player, I always love the funk with a great brass line.

• 2Like

Gravy

Bronze Squire
A friend of mine just turned me on to this tune. A little bit of an odd intro, skip to 0:40ish.

I'm not sure I'd call this strictly funk, but a great hornline, and a fucking fantastic arrangement of a George Gershwin classic from Porgy and Bess. Kind of a bossa nova/jazz/funk/scat gem.

• 2Like

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I got something that'll sho nuff set yo' stuff on fire. I love me some Chaka on this tune.

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Resurrecting this thread. Just heard about these guys. Phenomenal musicians. Here's their whole new album. Opening track is one of my favorites.

• 3Like