Bruce Willis retires

gak

<Gold Donor>
I hope he can find joy for the rest of his days and isn't mentally trapped/traumatized.
I enjoyed his old movies a lot, crap now I remember how they ended Unbreakable with that travesty "Glass."

b.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Tuesday nights were reserved for Moonlighting. I loved that show.
i remember actually being salty he left TV to make action movies. i was like, but he was so good in Moonlighting. he cant be Arnold. it took me a little bit to get used to the idea that he could be good in action films. when he did Die Hard 2 and then Hudson Hawk, people (critics) were saying ahh he was a one hit wonder. i fucking loved Hudson Hawk, i saw that twice at the theater. i even liked Die Hard 2. he was so good in the 90s, i think Pulp Fiction really sold his career. mid 2000s things started collapsing for him. i think his rep of being hard to work with finally caught up with him.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As crazy as it sounds one of my fondest memories from childhood was going to the movie theater with a buddy and watching Die Hard the day before Christmas.

That was a good day.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
i remember actually being salty he left TV to make action movies. i was like, but he was so good in Moonlighting. he cant be Arnold. it took me a little bit to get used to the idea that he could be good in action films. when he did Die Hard 2 and then Hudson Hawk, people (critics) were saying ahh he was a one hit wonder. i fucking loved Hudson Hawk, i saw that twice at the theater. i even liked Die Hard 2. he was so good in the 90s, i think Pulp Fiction really sold his career. mid 2000s things started collapsing for him. i think his rep of being hard to work with finally caught up with him.
Hudson Hawk was so dumb

I've probably only seen it a half dozen or so times

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Hudson Hawk was so dumb

I've probably only seen it a half dozen or so times
it is dumb and campy, but its hilarious and a lot of fun with quotable lines throughout. the only people i know who hated that movie only said so because everyone universally hates Sandra Bernhardt, she's like Ruby Rod in Fifth Element. you either hated Chris Tucker in that movie or you thought he was so over the top flaming faggot that you cant help but laugh your ass off. i grew up in the 70s where over the top flaming faggot was a hoot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Kevin Smith might be delighted to hear the terrible news after trying to direct him.

Here's the pre-story when they worked together on Die-Hard.

And here's the aftermath, after making Cop Out.

spronk

FPS noob
to follow up / close out on the Kevin Smith clips, here is a heart warming follow up that Kevin Smith talked about just 2 weeks ago after learning about the news

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
anyone remember color of night? it was a big hub bub back then in 94 cuz i think it was nc17 or close to it and the controversy was it was made by a disney subsidiary

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
i noticed this went up on torrents, wonder if its worth a watch. pretty horrific RT/imdb ratings but... well, i got nothing

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the last movie of his that i remember enjoying was Red, and to a lesser degree Red 2. notice that i didn't say his last "good" movie, just the last i remember enjoying. am i missing anything of his since then?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
the last movie of his that i remember enjoying was Red, and to a lesser degree Red 2. notice that i didn't say his last "good" movie, just the last i remember enjoying. am i missing anything of his since then?
Looper was good and probably his last good movie.

• 2Like