Bruce Willis retires

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Looper was good and probably his last good movie.
Looper had a good premise, but it completely shit the bed when they turn Willis into a two dimensional movie villain at the end. i paid money for that damned thing. was such a disappointment. Red was fun though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is probably last movie i saw with him i liked. Red was great, Red 2 was ok. i was disappointed with Looper and Surrogates.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Looper was good and probably his last good movie.
But it wasn't good because of Willis. Blunt and Levitt were awesome. I still think the movie was conceptually interesting, moderately executed, but the ending was amazing. Time loop shit is difficult to communicate coherently: sometimes you have to partially lobotomize yourself to enjoy it lol.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Can someone post a list of all these shitty movies please? I wanna watch em all.

BTW surrogates was really good. Bruce wasn't necessarily good in it, many people could have done that role IMO. But it was a good movie.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That sucks for sure. My father got that shit when he was 40 years old from a blod clot in the brain. He got help fast and almost fully recovered, he still mix up words and can have a hard time understanding some stuff.

Took him probably 5+ years to recover to like 95% of his old self and my childhood was full of weird conversations and sentences from him as he could not find the words he wanted.

Probably not good getting it as an old guy. Hopefully he can recover some but who knows. Shitty thing to get as an actor.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
looking at the list 2012 moonrise kingdom is the last movie i remember being good

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i liked Surrogates, that actually felt like a future we could see not long from now due to everyone being forced into their pods for a bug dinner.
shit, i thought Surrogates was a recent movie. 2009. where the fuck did time go?

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Can someone post a list of all these shitty movies please? I wanna watch em all.

BTW surrogates was really good. Bruce wasn't necessarily good in it, many people could have done that role IMO. But it was a good movie.

here are all the movies Bruce willis has acted in since 2012, I've seen a few of t hem like Cosmic Sin (BAD) and Glass (not good) I haven't even heard most of these. RLM reviewed like a few of this in a recent Bruce Willis special

A Day to Die [2022]
Gasoline Alley [2022]
American Siege [2021]
Fortress [2021]
Deadlock [2021]
Apex [2021]
Survive the Game [2021]
Midnight in the Switchgrass [2021]
Out of Death [2021]
Cosmic Sin [2021]
Anti-Life AKA Breach [2020]
Hard Kill AKA Open Source [2020]
Survive the Night [2020]
Motherless Brooklyn [2019]
Trauma Center [2019]
10 Minutes Gone [2019]
Between Two Ferns: The Movie [2019]
The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part [2019]
Glass [2019]
Da hong zha AKA Air Strike [2018]
James Cameron's Story of Science Fiction [2018]
Reprisal [2018]
Comedy Central Roast of Bruce Willis [2018]
Death Wish [2018]
Acts of Violence [2018]
First Kill [2017]
Once Upon a Time in Venice [2017]
Split [2016]
Marauders [2016]
Precious Cargo [2016]
Rock the Kasbah [2015]
Extraction [2015]
Vice [2015]
Altman [2014]
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For [2014]
The Prince [2014]
Red 2 [2013]
G.I. Joe: Retaliation [2013]
A Good Day to Die Hard [2013]
BB King: The Life of Riley [2012]
Final Cut: Hölgyeim és uraim AKA Final Cut: Ladies and Gentlemen [2012]
Gods of War: Assembling Earth's Mightiest Anti-Heroes [2012]
Lay the Favorite [2012]
Fire with Fire [2012]
Looper [2012]
Moonrise Kingdom [2012]
The Expendables 2 [2012]
The Cold Light of Day [2012]

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
he's no Charles Bronson
Charles Bronson's corpse held up by marionette strings probably would have given a better performance.

I think Last Man Standing is my favorite Bruce Willis movie. Still in his prime in the mid 90s and a remake of one the best movies of all time.

• 1Solidarity

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Charles Bronson's corpse held up by marionette strings probably would have given a better performance.

I think Last Man Standing is my favorite Bruce Willis movie. Still in his prime in the mid 90s and a remake of one the best movies of all time.

it's hard to argue against Sixth Sense for me but Die Hard movies still rock

Goatface

think this is my top "10" when it comes to re-watch ability
1. die hard 1&2
pulp fiction
5th element
red
last man standing
sin city 1&2
armageddon
last boy scout
lucky number slevin
12 monkeys

need to re-watch
mercury rising
tears of the sun
hart's war

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
is Tears of the Sun the jungle movie with Monica Belluci?
-edit
oh yeah
iu

horrible movie, but she's nice on the eyes.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Guy I grew up next to ended up working in Hollywood he came back here scouting locations for Tears of the Sun (it was shot less than 2 miles from my house as the crow flies) and found me to say Whats Up!. He was super pumped to be in a position to bring movies to Hawaii. He came again and checked me out in the middle of filming. He spent the whole time bitching about what a massive douche Willis was and how he treated everyone on the cast and crew like garbage. Everyone was super fucking miserable working on that movie and it was 100% because of Bruce. So when Kevin Smith spilled on what a dickhead he is it was just more confirmation of the same shit.

Still ,sounds like whats wrong with him is probably more horrible than he deserves.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Guy I grew up next to ended up working in Hollywood he came back here scouting locations for Tears of the Sun (it was shot less than 2 miles from my house as the crow flies) and found me to say Whats Up!. He was super pumped to be in a position to bring movies to Hawaii. He came again and checked me out in the middle of filming. He spent the whole time bitching about what a massive douche Willis was and how he treated everyone on the cast and crew like garbage. Everyone was super fucking miserable working on that movie and it was 100% because of Bruce. So when Kevin Smith spilled on what a dickhead he is it was just more confirmation of the same shit.

Still ,sounds like whats wrong with him is probably more horrible than he deserves.
If he never did anything worse than just be a huge asshole his entire life, he's getting a raw deal.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i really dont know why directors tolerate that shit. if you allow a big star to run roughshod over your production, thats more your fault for letting it happen. i know a lot of directors have very little pull compared to a big star, but at least try to grow a backbone.

• 1Like