"Bumblebee" Transformers spin-off starring John Cena

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
2.67 star(s) Rating: 2.67/5 6 Votes
Title: Transformers Universe: Bumblebee (2018)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Travis Knight

Cast: Hailee Steinfeld, Jorge Lendeborg Jr., John Cena, Jason Ian Drucker, Abby Quinn, Rachel Crow, Ricardo Hoyos, Gracie Dzienny, Kenneth Choi, Pamela Adlon, Stephen Schneider

Release: 2018-06-08

Plot: Spin-off from the Transformers series, set in the 1980s and focusing on the Autobot Bumblebee.

• 3Picard
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 6 users

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Awesome. With Super Cena on our sides mankind will wreck that shit - who I am kidding. Another train wreck.

Now one potential saving grace is the timeline. If they can Un-Bayify this shitfest and make it Gen 1 like with an actual VW Beetle, Soundwave as a boombox , etc it might have a chance.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm a fan of Hailee Steinfeld, so maybe this has a chance. I want to believe!

Although I'm gonna take what is probably an unpopular stance and say that I have never fucking liked Bumblebee, not one bit. I'd rather see a movie about almost any of the other "significant" characters.

What we really need is a Starscream movie. He's my boy!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Although I'm gonna take what is probably an unpopular stance and say that I have never fucking liked Bumblebee, not one bit. I'd rather see a movie about almost any of the other "significant" characters.

Agree and agree, but only a G1 version.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I've enjoyed all the transformers movies so far. Looking forward to this. John Cena is the human equivalent of a Michael Bay explosion. Gonna be awesome.

• 3Picard

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I'm a fan of Hailee Steinfeld, so maybe this has a chance. I want to believe!

what? who the fuck does and has ever liked bumblebee?

he never even had the dignity of being a real toy
transformers-g1-bumblebee-card-front.jpg

The fuck is that bullshit? didn't even have a box, if you got bumblee(or clifjumper) you'd feel like your parents were gipping you out of a real toy!!!

• 3Solidarity

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
what? who the fuck does and has ever liked bumblebee?

he never even had the dignity of being a real toy
transformers-g1-bumblebee-card-front.jpg

The fuck is that bullshit? didn't even have a box, if you got bumblee(or clifjumper) you'd feel like your parents were gipping you out of a real toy!!!

What's sad, is the Go-Bots did a much better beetle type toy. was one of my first of that type of toy as a kid when I was like 3. Had higher quality bits and all.

Was going to link an image but none worked =/

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
What's sad, is the Go-Bots did a much better beetle type toy. was one of my first of that type of toy as a kid when I was like 3. Had higher quality bits and all.

Was going to link an image but none worked =/
tf-gobot-10.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I don't know why but I'm getting super rustled over how fucking doofy that chick looks on the poster.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
First official image is out, rockin' it old school.

This will be the first Transformers movie I have actually looked forward to in a very long time. I like Hailee Steinfeld as an actress and Travis Knight directed Kubo and the Two Strings which was fantastic.

B-13461R.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea this is the first Transformers movie I could maybe potentially feel hopeful about not being absolute garbage, maybe. It is off to a passable start!

I also don't understand the focus for Bumblebee - I think it's supposed to be a "kids favorite character" thing but I was a kid when the G1 stuff was on and no one ever talked about Bumblebee. I don't think I or anyone I knew had one of his figures. Like, in subsequent shows have they shoved Bumblebee = popular down every kids throat on purpose? We all liked Grimlock and the Dinobots and Devastator and Optimus and fucking Unicron and Starscream and Soundwave and Shockwave (kinda), y'know cool characters.

• 2Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Idk, my 3 year old talks about bumblebee. I got him some cheap quickchange Camarro version until he can handle the shitload of Combiner Wars ones I got him as soon as I knew I was having a boy.

I think he just likes the name honestly, cause he likes the cooler jets and police cars better but doesn’t remember the names. He has been asking me lately what the giant Devastator on his bedroom shelf turns into :)

If this is kid friendly I may take him to this. I didn’t really watch any of the movies past the first two, which I didn’t really like.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Idk, my 3 year old talks about bumblebee. I got him some cheap quickchange Camarro version until he can handle the shitload of Combiner Wars ones I got him as soon as I knew I was having a boy.

I think he just likes the name honestly, cause he likes the cooler jets and police cars better but doesn’t remember the names. He has been asking me lately what the giant Devastator on his bedroom shelf turns into :)

If this is kid friendly I may take him to this. I didn’t really watch any of the movies past the first two, which I didn’t really like.

This is parenting done right.
qVDW0.gif

• 2Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is parenting done right.
qVDW0.gif

Hah, thanks.

Here’s pics of most of the transformers I have waiting for him to come of age, including the quickchange bumblebee. He does play with some of the smaller ones but can’t transform them fully yet. Comes close on a few. There’s a few more unopened or in random places not pictured. Devastator is pretty badass, it’s a couple feet tall when combined.

7C9AAD1F-24EB-4BAC-B8EA-157D9725B328.jpeg
0EE919DC-22AD-4A1A-9011-6617D555A2DE.jpeg
B477E44A-8E6C-446C-ABA6-0659339E6850.jpeg
183AEE16-BEFA-41DF-98E9-A5962F3E8012.jpeg

• 2Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just don't know why this movie reminds me of the Ewoks movie.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database