Butthurt white guys, an Asian virgin and an angry lesbian walk into a bar...

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Yeah Quaid, you're in the same club with tanoomba. COngratulations.
Well, I still find some of his stuff outside the pail ridiculous... But I've seen a particular brand of scumbag operate first-hand, so I have to agree that it is indeed possible to 'get someone drunk' through some skillful manipulation.

Still, there are precautions that could and should be taken in these situations. I'm of the opinion too, that opening yourself up to hookup-culture pretty much guarantees your exposure to sexual predation at some point in your life. Had that same woman I spoke of above had an understanding with her friends, that she should be removed from any situation in which she was going home alone with someone she just met when she had been drinking. If one of their group remained intentionally sober, and they had a policy of being always together at the club...

It sucks that the 'bar-rape' phenomenon exists, and that it has to be worried about at all... But there are pretty reasonable ways around it if you properly protect yourself.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Had that same woman I spoke of above had an understanding with her friends, that she should be removed from any situation in which she was going home alone with someone she just met when she had been drinking. If one of their group remained intentionally sober, and they had a policy of being always together at the club...
Women should band together to form one coherent person, got it.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Women should band together to form one coherent person, got it.
...are you being sarcastic? Yes, a sober individual should be appointed to help their drunk friends make good decisions that keep them from harm while they are intoxicated.

Have you never done acid?

Jais

Trakanon Raider
...are you being sarcastic? Yes, a sober individual should be appointed to help their drunk friends make good decisions that keep them from harm while they are intoxicated.

Have you never done acid?
...no, but I've been drunk a time or two and never had to draw straws to see who made life choices for the others

Call me responsible.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
...no, but I've been drunk a time or two and never had to draw straws to see who made life choices for the others.
Have you ever been preyed upon sexually? If it's not a danger for you, why would you take steps to protect yourself from it? Because people who ride bikes should wear bike helmets.... Does that mean everyone should be wearing bike helmets all the time?

You've never seen a sober friend take a drunk one's keys? You've never been convinced not to drunk dial an ex? I don't see what the point you are making is. My sober friends help me make good decisions when I'm drunk all the time... Why is that a negative thing?

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Have you ever been preyed upon sexually? If it's not a danger for you, why would you take steps to protect yourself from it? Because people who ride bikes should wear bike helmets.... Does that mean everyone should be wearing bike helmets all the time?
I'm a dude, not prey.

Only people who have been raped should take measures to insure they don't get raped again. I follow your logic.

PS, either you're a mega level dumb or I'm drunk (and should have elected one of my friends to post)

iannis

Musty Nester
No lie there's some scumfuckey questionable shit going down in local bars.

Don't drink alone is always good advice.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
PS, either you're a mega level dumb or I'm drunk (and should have elected one of my friends to post)
Interesting. What exactly is your problem with women taking reasonable precautions to being preyed upon? They are a less-able person because they have set up a fail safe system in case they become to intoxicated while they are ingesting a drug? Responsibility = stupidity to you?

We got a real badass in here.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Interesting. What exactly is your problem with women taking reasonable precautions to being preyed upon? They are a less-able person because they have set up a fail safe system in case they become to intoxicated while they are ingesting a drug? Responsibility = stupidity to you?

We got a real badass in here.
That whole line was mainly directed at your whatever the fuck analogy. you know... before you got called out on it and edited it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
No lie there's some scumfuckey questionable shit going down in local bars.

Don't drink alone is always good advice.
This thread has made me feel way better about being a square.

rrr_img_70368.jpg

Quaid

Trump's Staff
That whole line was mainly directed at your whatever the fuck analogy. you know... before you got called out on it and edited it.
Well, to clarify then.

Why would you, Jais, take precautions to prevent something happening to you, that has no danger of happening to you? You are MAN NOT PREY, after all. Why does it make someone a less able individual if they choose to protect themselves from a danger that they themselves face on a day-to-day basis, with minimal effort? Why do you seem to have a problem with individuals protecting themselves from harm when they are entering into a situation where they may become intoxicated?

Spell it out like I'm mega level dumb, please. I'm truly intrigued.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
This thread has made me feel way better about being a square
Mist... Not only are you a lesbian, you are also probably 35+ years old. The probability of you getting raped in the situation described above has been slim-to-nil for the last decade.

I think you are probably safe to have a fucking drink.