Butthurt white guys, an Asian virgin and an angry lesbian walk into a bar...

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The financier class of this little oligarchy we've got going loves watching the rabble scrap over who was spooned the bigger ladle of gruel.
And who's more likely to be in this class?

You're making my point for me. EVERYONE ON EARTH is in some way a victim of hundreds of years of cumulative white male privilege, even other white males. The sooner you realize that being born a white male just raises your likelihood of being top slave, instead of deluding yourself into thinking that if you work hard enough you'll get to be one of the slave masters, the sooner we can get this shit sorted out.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If even the oppressors are victims of oppression, then what are you even talking about? f you are talking about oligarchy then why couch it in this lame ass "privilege" argument wen the direct argument is much easier to make?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The experiment is cute but the guy is a fucking moron for making that joke. Yeah, the Wallstreet protests were aboutjealously.They weren't at all about the Federal Reserve handing out billions and billions of dollars every month to banks for years, subsidized losses/privatized gains, JP Morgan telling it's customers to do one thing while privately doing the exact opposite, artificially depressing interest rates thus robbing savers, or the gigantic mortgage crisis involving systemic fraud that saw zero people to go jail.

Hate that smug horseshit.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Only in your head, dude. Only in your head.
It's not in his head. The progressive agenda has worked. It has started leveling shit out in the middle of the spectrum fairly well. Unfortunately, this whole time we've been ignoring the growth of an intractable oligarchy at the top end of the spectrum, almost entirely composed of white males. And instead of admitting how fucked up that is, we're arguing over whether said oligarchs do or don't confer advantages to people who look and talk like them.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Posting just to say deep dish is the worst kind of pizza, and if you enjoy eating it you also probably want a dick or two to go with it to complete the meal

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's not in his head. The progressive agenda has worked. It has started leveling shit out in the middle of the spectrum fairly well. Unfortunately, this whole time we've been ignoring the growth of an intractable oligarchy at the top end of the spectrum, almost entirely composed of white males. And instead of admitting how fucked up that is, we're arguing over whether said oligarchs do or don't confer advantages to people who look and talk like them.
So, if the oligarchs were all black males or women, it'd be ok? Oh, wait, I know! They are oligarchsbecausethey're white, correct?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I agree, whites on average have an unequal availability of opportunity
you said it really doesn't mean anything, it's just an "acknowledgement"--but the fact is MANY groups do use it as a trump card and a baiting measure.)
I'm not going to sit here and cry about how bad men have it--I understand on average men have it better.
There you go. Lithose has officially backed me up on my major points. Fuck all y'all, bitches!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
And who's more likely to be in this class?
It doesn't fucking matter! Do you think that I share anything in common with Jamie Dimon other than the completely superficial? Or that my great grandparents shared anything other than species with John Pierpont Morgan?

Your enemy isn't men you fucking derp. Your enemy is bankers.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If even the oppressors are victims of oppression, then what are you even talking about? f you are talking about oligarchy then why couch it in this lame ass "privilege" argument wen the direct argument is much easier to make?
Because the people who refuse to admit that privilege exists are also most likely to pretend the oligarchy doesn't exist, and that the world we live in is some kind of meritocracy.

Some of them do it actively, thinking that if they pretend the privilege doesn't exist, their chances of being top slave go up, while others do it passively out of sheer blindness.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Again, the very idea that you can group up every single person of fair skin into one gigantic homogenous group isfucking clownshoes.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
There you go. Lithose has officially backed me up on my major points. Fuck all y'all, bitches!
Yet you are still completely unable to articulate what that privilege actually encompass

Besides being able to use non-existent time machines of course.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
If it was an oligarchy consisting of an equal distribution of males and females across different races, would that make the situation different? Do you think that if I show up at the Bilderberg meeting they welcome me with open arms and the secret white male handshake and give me a seat at the table? This whole argument seems to boil down to a distraction. "omg hegemony.... AND DOMINATED BY WHITE MALES!" As if that has anything to do with the consolidation of wealth and power in a chosen few. And then to extend that same assertion down to "Joe Bob got a better deal on his truck because of the imperialist white male agenda that has influenced our society for centuries!" is silly.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So, if the oligarchs were all black males or women, it'd be ok? Oh, wait, I know! They are oligarchsbecausethey're white, correct?
No, white males have been pretending the oligarchy doesn't exist because it favors them. And they've been doing it for a long fucking time. They've been doing since before the stupid white poor fucks took up arms and died to defend the slave owners rights to own slaves.

People have only woken up to the fact that this oligarchy exists very recently. For hundreds of years the whole 'a cabal of evil white bankers runs the world and pits the slaves against each other for their own amusement' meme has been a persistent but crackpot fringe view. Only after the most recent financial meltdown happened in plain view of everyone with an internet connection did this suddenly start to become a mainstream viewpoint.

I'm just trying to give you the red pill here by saying that white men have been silently complicit in their own oppression by pretending that this privilege and this oligarchy doesn't exist, because it passively benefited them.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Man, please stop using comedic anecdotes from Louis CK like he's some historian. Most people on this board, I bet, are either protestants or Athiests; which means if they went back a few centuries too many, they'd be burned alive or stoned to death.
That's based on religious belief, not skin color. I will give you that Irish is an exception at certain time periods.

Of course, if the noble ever needed money, he could toss them and starve them on a whim and if he ever got angry at another noble, they'd have to die in his army--but he'd be "privileged" to die in service!
That's based on wealth disparity, not skin color.

Do you honestly believe just because they had white skin they'd do well?
Of course not. But whatever difficulties they would encounter would not be based on their skin color.

(So again, I'm not arguing that there is privilege, there is, it's just not something that should be used to end debates or create divides).
I'm not trying to end debates or create divides. I'm trying to get people to admit what you just said. Everything else is tangents and responses to shenanigans.

You saw that, right? Everyone? Lithose once again acknowledged that white male privilege exists, which is pretty much the one and only point I intended to get across in my first post. Mist gets it, Lithose gets it, and you all can get it too if you stop clinging to your "Having privilege means people think I don't deserve what I have!" mentality.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
People with privilege should admit their privilege, but not be ashamed of it or try to apologize for it. If you've got some kind of privilege, just acknowledge that it's there and recognize that even if you feel worked hard to get where you are in life, its quite possible that some of your other peers had to overcome hurdles that you can't possibly imagine just to get even remotely on the same level as you.

It's about admitting to reality and having a little bit of empathy for things that are just unknowable to you.
It's like you're speaking another language. The language...of reason.
Much more succinct than Lithose too!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I understand what Tanoomba is about but I feel like we really walked into a bucket of super crazy with Mist. I have never seen someone acknowledge the divide and conquer strategy while continuing to enforce divides.

Daddy showed up and neither Tanoomba nor Mist will confront Lithose.
Um

the reason why it's incredibly annoying to me (Even though I agree, whites on average have an unequal availability of opportunity--but mostly through economic status)--is because of thehypocrisyof using a stereotype to combat racist/bigoted groups that use stereotypes.

I'm not going to sit here and cry about how bad men have it--I understand on average men have it better.
He's admitting it exists, but points out that it's ridiculous to hold individuals to it. The first step is admitting it, and again, it's not about attacking your accomplishments, it's about recognizing that other people do have it harder. Whites are typically better off financially because they have generally been "on top" when it comes to America. Yes, the Irish were treated horribly when they got here (I'm Irish, my forefathers arrived during the Civil War, one survived), but that mistreatment really only lasted a generation or two when they were afforded the benefits of their skin color, and the opportunity to work hard. Blacks, in that same generation were still slaves, literal slaves without any rights what-so-ever and after the war, barely had the chance to integrate into society. It wasn't until another hundred years until they were even allowed to use the same facilities as "whites".

But I digress.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Again, the very idea that you can group up every single person of fair skin into one gigantic homogenous group isfucking clownshoes.
I'm not doing this. All I'm saying is that being a white male is statistically likely to confer a long series of very small but very real advantages that add up over the course of one's lifetime. And that because of this, many white men have pretended for a long time thatshit isn't fucked. Now that it's painfully obvious to everyone with a brain that saidshit IS fucked, they're suddenly going "privilege? what privilege? I'm in the same shit as you guys."

What're YOU'RE trying to say is that because you're no more likely to be one of these oligarchs than I am, that somehow means that privilege doesn't exist. And I guess what I'm saying is that what "privilege" REALLY means is exactly that, special privileges that one class of slave is being given over the rest of the slaves. It's like when the fucking uncle toms pretended that the slave owners weren't racist fucks, and it drove everyone else with a brain fucking insane.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
The more they try to explain their thought process behind their original assertion, the more they look completely unhinged.
Usually wild assertions get explained and as you get the thought process behind them you can think "yeah oookay, it makes sense in some weird twisted way if you look at it from this angle".

But no, not here. The more they try to explain their original point about white male privilege, the more it feels like staring into the depth of insanity where 0.01% oligarchy and time machines coalesce in an environment barren of reason. It's pretty amazing to see someone struggle so much to support such an easy topic they are so passionate about.