Buying a car?

Dis

Confirmed Male
How many horsepower does a rickshaw have? Because that's where this thread is headed.

Also what's the commission on a rickshaw in Charlotte?
Naw bro, let it ride, I'm done. This thread can actually help some folks. Nuke my posts if that helps, I'm cool with that.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Cut being a psycho isn't an indictment of the mods here.
wink.png

wink.png

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
If anyone is interested, on Adam Corolla's CarCast he had a Tesla Model S this week. Was a realy great show, and they were really impressed with the car.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This is a strange question, so bear with me. I could just be paranoid.

I got the '13 Accord a couple weeks ago, and it's great. I got a tiny chip on the inside of the door which makes me mad, but that's ok. I noticed today where my VIN is located by the front window that the window is all scratched up. It must've happened overnight, it almost looks like someone took a rock and scratched it all up around where the VIN is. It's so bad that you can barely read the VIN through the window. What concerns me about this is it doesn't look like a rock just hit it, it looks like someone took something to it and went crazy on my window. Can't get a pic right now, but maybe later. Is there any good reason someone would go up to your car and do this? Am I missing something?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
If anyone is interested, on Adam Corolla's CarCast he had a Tesla Model S this week. Was a realy great show, and they were really impressed with the car.
I test drove one, it is an amazing car. They say 0-60 in 4.4 but I got to 55 in 3.8. The torque is incredible, you can actually feel your heart slam back against your spine. And it all happens smoothly and silently. The 17 inch touch screen is amazing as well. It's complete revenge of the nerds - the muscle car edition.

Was planning on getting one but since my tyrannical condo charges more for electricity than a premium gallon of gas it doesn't make sense for now

Orcus_sl

shitlord
So this is supposedly actually happening, Beetle R. The rumors about it I'm reading make no mention of awd and the engine might be 20 hp shy of the Golf R, kind of disappointing. I've always been a fan of the newer beetles, was even considering a 2013 and am excited about a 'performance' version, not sure they hit the mark with this though. It'll probably be close to the price of the Golf R. Hope I'm wrong about the awd. If it has it I'll get really interested.

rrr_img_8630.jpg

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I went from a 2008 Lancer Evo X (very slightly modded, 35,000 miles, MT) to a 2009 BMW 335xi (29,000 miles, MT) a few months ago. Both cars are AWD, 300ish horsepower/torque (my evo was closer to 360)

The BMW makes for a much nicer/more comfortable highway cruiser, slightly better gas on the highway, about the same or slightly worse <55mph, but honestly, I don't think It'd it's worth the extra 15 grand new price difference over my evo was new...

That said, do I think it was a pretty nice upgrade for 6 grand (the price difference between my trade in and it) I was amazed at how much value my Evo maintained...

In my BMW I get compliments from car guys and random ladies
In my Evo I got complliments from car guys and teenage boys

I have had to drive both cars through lake effect snow conditions on weekend nights (think sunday at 2am) when they weren't plowing the roads... both cars do well in 6+ inches of snow although I think I'll give the edge to the EVO, although I think that's mostly because it had fresh blizzak lm-60s while my bmw is using the MUCH older design and fairly worn blizzak lm25s... both cars will plow through any amount of snow, but the evo felt more stable when moving from hardpack snow or unplowed snow into slush at 55+mph (ie: passing people on the highway and having to cross the dangerous section between lanes.

Regarding everything people have said about BMWs... there is zero reason at all to continue to use the stock tires after they've worn out... buy some real tires and just carry a can of fix-i-flat (and a small air pump)in the trunk... and roadside assistance through geico is like 20 dollars a year, AAA is even cheaper I think if you need a tow (your tire doesn't just have a flat, but completely shreds because you drove on it flat or something).

Although you don't need the new car anymore, I think that's was pretty good price deal for a 2008 328. Features to look for in buying a used bmw, comfort access (not needing to put the key in the ignition, is very nice wasn't an option available at all on the very first 328s only on the 335s, I think 2008 was the first year it was available on the 328), so preferably you'd want pick one with that, Also the comfort access battery is a simple 5 dollar replaceable battery at radioshack and will last 3 years or so, the normal key is a rechargable battery and eventually it will barely have enough charge to last when it's not plugged into the car. Almost every BMW comes with the "premium package", which is the built in garage opener and auto-dimming/heated mirrors (and leather seats for the 328), it's kinda a nice feature that I don't think I'd ever want to give up now that I have it, I used to HATE trucks that would ride my ass... in the other lane... shining their lights right into my side mirrors. People do that shit all the time, and it doesn't even bother you if your side mirrors auto-dim.

thebeast1616

Trakanon Raider
So this is supposedly actually happening, Beetle R. The rumors about it I'm reading make no mention of awd and the engine might be 20 hp shy of the Golf R, kind of disappointing. I've always been a fan of the newer beetles, was even considering a 2013 and am excited about a 'performance' version, not sure they hit the mark with this though. It'll probably be close to the price of the Golf R. Hope I'm wrong about the awd. If it has it I'll get really interested.

rrr_img_8630.jpg
the new beetle looks 10x better than the old one and I bet there'll be a niche for it. I dunno if it'll be worth your money though man. If its the same price as the Golf R why not just get the golf? you won't end up sticking out like a sore thumb to other people on the street. It's like people that buy mini coopers... in the end you just look goofy driving a glorified clown car

thebeast1616

Trakanon Raider
I can't believe how much better Korean cars have gotten over the past few years. I remember when KIA basically stood for Killed in Action. I just get the feeling that Japan is slipping on all fronts (cars, electronics, games, pop culture) and Korea is taking over

Orcus_sl

shitlord
the new beetle looks 10x better than the old one and I bet there'll be a niche for it. I dunno if it'll be worth your money though man. If its the same price as the Golf R why not just get the golf? you won't end up sticking out like a sore thumb to other people on the street. It's like people that buy mini coopers... in the end you just look goofy driving a glorified clown car
Yeah I agree, if it's nearly the same price of the Golf R yet not equal in features or performance, then why bother? The turbo beetle starts at around 28k on their website. Maybe this one will come in at 30k? which puts it a few grand cheaper than a Golf R. Will have to see once it's officially announced. It's a shame cause they do look nice. Get one in black, tint the windows, and make me drool. It's just hard to justify if it's north of 30k. You could buy an accord coupe v6 for the same money if you really want to go the fwd performance/practical combo route.

Really digging that blue caliper
smile.png

Trollicious_sl

shitlord
I can't believe how much better Korean cars have gotten over the past few years. I remember when KIA basically stood for Killed in Action. I just get the feeling that Japan is slipping on all fronts (cars, electronics, games, pop culture) and Korea is taking over
They bought the designer from Audi. I would hope they look good
wink.png

And I agree. Jap cars used to be the best no questions. Now things are a lot tighter competition.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
Hey now, Mini's are actually cool!!!