Buying a Hot Tub?

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
Once dry humped a chick briefly 100% due to hot tubs. Murderous haunted tub or not youneedto get one.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So hot tubs are more or less like boats I've learned. Very enjoyable for your friends. Most hated item on earth for you.
This is actually a pretty good comparison. All my friends loved our hot tub and it was a big hit when I'd have parties but fuck them for never helping me drain/clean that thing.

We used it a lot from about April through October in Chicago. We also went in it every Christmas Day and smoked cigars but that was it. It went un-used the rest of the year.

and as time went on we used it less and less. We had built our deck around it so when we gave it away on Craigslist, this dude showed up with a dozen of his friends and they just lifted the thing out.

Jazser_sl

shitlord
Seriously we use our hot tub all the time - couple times a week or more. It's a piece of cake to take care of with an ozonator and bromine. Shock after use, hose down the filters periodically (or give them a deep clean in a solution) and replace every 6 months or so. I empty the water and replace that 5 or 6 times a year. Not hard, just drain and then run some clean water through it with the valves open, fill, heat, and then throw in some chems. I rarely even bother testing except to test for bromine - water is stable here and the right hardness/PH out of the tap most times of the year. We have a limelight flaire - made by Hotsprings. Doesn't have as long of a warranty as a Hotspring but its had only a few minor problems related to the lights and one piece froze and broke when it got really cold (the tub is outside). Anyway - I'm really not sure why people think hot tubs are such a nightmare. Boats - yes those are pain in the ass. But hot tubs are cake.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
You don't even need to test bromine if you have the cartridges that I linked earlier. The only thing you may need to do is test hardness. You should only empty it twice a year if you're adequately cleaning your hot tub and actually showering BEFORE getting in. I would also recommend you super chlorinate the tub before you drain it to get out all the nasty shit before you put in fresh water.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Got my gfs in. Jets are kinda weak but set up was a breeze. Almost killed 7 of us to carry it around the back of her house. It's a great way to spend an hour on a week night.. I like basking in it with no jets... naked.