Call of Cthulhu

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Pretty excited for this game. I've watched a few things on YouTube about this.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I played the pen & paper RPG back in the day and it was always lots of fun with campy period 1920s goofiness along with an undercurrent of unspeakable evil. Especially fun as you skirted the edge of insanity with their sanity system as an alternative 'mental health point' system.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Release date is October 30th suppossedly. Seems odd but I guess going for the Halloween feel. Im really pumped for this.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
seems to be getting quite mixed reviews, will be interesting to see twitch streams of this game later today.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Anybody play this yet? Is it any good? I'm a sucker for all things Lovecraft.

Someone needs to just slap a remake on Eternal Darkness.

Molten Core Raider
The really mixed reviews made me hesitant to drop cash on it but I havent refunded a game on steam in a while so I figured why not. Ran into immediate problems with my ultrawide monitor resolution settings (game just fills the width and allows the top/bottom of the viewable area to run off the top/bottom of the screen). I love my monitor but it shits on a lot of games that I really would like to play.

The game itself, I didnt really get far into. I don't typically get motion sickness at all but the motion blur was rough and there was a jankiness to the movement of the character to the point of making me feel weird. I liked the atmosphere and am interested in seeing where it goes story wise, but I decided to pass on it for now and may pick it up again later when it's on sale.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Anyone ever go any further in this? Popped in my head after reading some other things. There was this game and the other one coming out about the same time, Drowned City? Maybe? Seeing if either of them ended up worth a damn.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Anyone ever go any further in this? Popped in my head after reading some other things. There was this game and the other one coming out about the same time, Drowned City? Maybe? Seeing if either of them ended up worth a damn.

I watched a full Let's Play of that Drowned City game and it looked a bit generic, not much Lovecraft in it except it looked like a Shadow Over Innsmouth ripoff but without the cool parts.. The best Lovecraft game is still Call of Cthulu : Dark Corners of the Earth to me. Give it a shot if you don't mind old games.

• 1Like