Camelot Unchained MMO

regarding the magic system: sounds pretty damn good. kinda like poe & what-d3-aspired-to-be & guildwars. spells as mutable ingame obj is a step forward; i've always wanted this done well in a mmo (and not just dragonage / vg spellreactive). on top of x + y = z, i very much like the idea of generic benefits... (ice wall example) as this leads to less formulaic equations.

all depends on implementation. i hope they nail the 'feel' of the game -- namely, the feel of 'daoc' and not of warhammer. daoc combat was initially clunky and not overlydesigned(notwellthoughtout) but that lead to unintended and interesting benefits. ...doubletaping minstrel abs buff; start flute mez facing opponent, turn away and then /face them again to land the mez instantly when you wanted; etc. i'm wanting to see stuff like that. all the meanwhile there was, generally, a global ruleset (attks interrupt spellcasters) that lead to a cohesive understanding of a fight while still being interesting as each class was largely unique.

the 'panic' stat seems to be a nod towards that warhammer buildup. also the 'mass' stat suggests that combat will entail pushing/pulling ala warhammer. maybe it'll fall somewhere inbetween the two.

Redtah_sl

shitlord
The only thing you have to ask yourself is whether or not Mark Jacobs can make an MMO that you will enjoy. I've been very skeptical of this game from the beginning. pyksel is the exact opposite of me.
If you don't know who Andrew Meggs is I would look him up, he is the guy you would probably need to believe in. Mark can think up all the crazy shit he wants but ultimately its up to Andrew, and the rest of the programmers, to implement it.

If they put even like half the amount of things in the game they are promising it will definitely be interesting.

Redtah_sl

shitlord
I believe they are unveiling their store today, so you may be able to do that once they do.
I am pretty sure the store will be up and running soon. If you are a founder I believe you can upgrade your tier to any tier that was originally available. Definitely don't quote me on that though.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Half of that magic system sounds like a bunch of nonsense and a balancing clusteruck. The other half sounds like Magicka which I'm sure someone will point out was done before Magicka.

icarr757_sl

shitlord
Half of that magic system sounds like a bunch of nonsense and a balancing clusteruck. The other half sounds like Magicka which I'm sure someone will point out was done before Magicka.
Pvp based MMo whos magic system can play like Magicka? Did not even know this existed, now, need more info...

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Calling that gameplay is very kind, but I guess they have to show something because it's a kickstarter and it's an engine demo more than anything else.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i watched for like 5 mins. Dude started to get on my nerves with the zooming in and out. I'll check this thing out when they are closer to open beta.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Calling that gameplay is very kind, but I guess they have to show something because it's a kickstarter and it's an engine demo more than anything else.
They were very clear it was just an engine demo. The latest build won't be shown until the end of the BSC week but I'm confident it won't be drastically improved over what has been shown thus far.

all the bsc info was released. had they information at their kickstarter i woukd have backed ..i suspect though that the ideas would have been controversial and far removed from daoc that they feared it would negatively the ks; that, and the fact that they didn't have it all planned out and were relying on daoc name and vague principles.

soft stat caps, component assembly magic/combat, no immediate rp/exp (deferred and tallied then alloced at the end of the night), physics playing a larger role in rvr (and calc'ed on the server).
perhaps most interesting of all is that he isnt giving himsself a salary. (though no idea what roi his roi will be from his own $ he put up).