Camelot Unchained MMO

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ahh, the Bright Wizard. Probably the most fun Ive ever had in a mmorpg for about a month.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
QFT

Wasn't Mark Jacobs the guy at WAR who had a hard on for bright wizards and making them the best class of all time?
Like all classes they had ups and downs. More ups then downs and were certainly powerful with a healer and a tank guard. It was guard which brought a lot of classes to uberness. As most window lickers didnt understand how to pull the bw cc the tank and own said bw. 1.2 witchhunter running bal parry build was the most op thing next to pre 1.2 proc witch elfs. In terms of straight killing power. Hence the reason around war he is known as Jeff witch hickman.

Bw history

Bugged detonate owned face with one button.
Resist nerf which made them powerful again.
Rof days multi stacks of rein of fire
Nerf rein of fire
Bw bomb days point blank aoe pug farming build. With aoe 4 sec stun
Nerf bomb spec
Last build remember was the rotation build around a back loaded damage if you took advantage flight times you could get 10k off in same time stamp.
Build above sucseptable to aoe clesnse.

Slayers on the other hand could be made into god mode with the right support

Yes I played the shit out of war

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Like all classes they had ups and downs. More ups then downs and were certainly powerful with a healer and a tank guard. It was guard which brought a lot of classes to uberness. As most window lickers didnt understand how to pull the bw cc the tank and own said bw. 1.2 witchhunter running bal parry build was the most op thing next to pre 1.2 proc witch elfs. In terms of straight killing power. Hence the reason around war he is known as Jeff witch hickman.

Bw history

Bugged detonate owned face with one button.
Resist nerf which made them powerful again.
Rof days multi stacks of rein of fire
Nerf rein of fire
Bw bomb days point blank aoe pug farming build. With aoe 4 sec stun
Nerf bomb spec
Last build remember was the rotation build around a back loaded damage if you took advantage flight times you could get 10k off in same time stamp.
Build above sucseptable to aoe clesnse.

Slayers on the other hand could be made into god mode with the right support

Yes I played the shit out of war
As did I. At one point I was the first 80 of my class on server and in the top ten renown on server. I played alliance but I always remember until just before the RR100 increase that Sorcs were not as good as BW's and it was a design decision. There was a distinct point, and I forget what patch it was, that Sorcs became as powerful as BW's. It was hilarious to watch all the pugs get backloaded and blown up at that point.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The 1.2 patch that came out about 5 months after release is the one that made BW's unbearable for most players. 1.2 is the patch that pretty much killed the game, because of BW's and for a number of other reasons also. The mass exodus that left because of that patch I hope is a lesson to Mark and his devs.

They could have gotten many of those players back if they hadn't dug in their heels for so long after that patch, but by the time they admitted their mistakes and fixed the 1.2 issues it was too late. 6 months or so had gone by since that patch and WAR was dead to the mmo world.

Crizack_sl

shitlord
Foundational Principle #4 ? Choice Matters!
http://citystateentertainment.com/20...hoice-matters/

Example #1 ? Stat Allocation during character creation

CU will have a full stat allocation system (min-maxers can rejoice now), so that you can spend lots of time truly customizing your character. While you will not be able to totally Bork your build in the beginning (strength 0), you will really be able to focus your stat allocation on your character?s projected career path. There will be racial maxes and minimums but those will only apply to the character creator and ?normal? statistical growth. There will be means (magical of course), to temporarily and/or permanently boost your stats in the game though.

Crizack_sl

shitlord
Any cliffs notes? Or just rehashing a lot of what we have already heard?
No solid information, just ideas.

I can only imagine that it was a combination of star fucking and verbal masturbation.
As much as I would all these things to come to life, this is slowly sounding like "The VisionT"

@ 29:00 they talk about money which is interesting.
They are looking for 2million for the kickstarter and that him and his investors are putting in 3million for a total of 5mil to get the game out.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Listening to the replay now. No auction houses and he realizes most will hate this, but this will allow someone to Rp a hermit crafter that hides in a tree that will only make you a sword if you find him.

Edit: No casting or shooting arrows and shit while moving. Shooting for sep 2015 release lol.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Edit: No casting or shooting arrows and shit while moving. Shooting for sep 2015 release lol.
Well that's unfortunate. Not being able to move while casting, etc, is really boring imo. More active abilities should be added to mmo's. Casting and shooting on the run, fighting on mounts and running dismounts, etc.

There are ways to keep the old EQ / DAoC feel while updating the action.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Did anyone actually like the EC tunnel method for selling items? I always thought it was a boring time sink, and 99.9% of the time it was just as anti social as the auction house system. Most of my transactions broke down to 2 people wanting to get this boring shit out of the way so they could go back to adventuring.

I can see the arguments behind not liking a auction house that feels like a in-game version of Amazon.com, but going back to this mundane shit can't be the answer. DAoC and UO had better systems that actually made you feel like a trader. I had multiple stores in UO and made a fortune off selling my goods. Not so much in DAoC, but it combined the AH system with player housing to at least try and give you that fantasy world feel.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know people who loved EC, but they were the minority in my experience. I hated it.

But as Lithose brought up, if the game has player vendors / shops then I suppose it wouldn't be so bad. The bazaar was a huge update in EQ. If Mark has something like that in the game but with also offline capabilities then I could live with it.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sept 15. Should be hit rather easily as from my understand pve is the largest time sink if no pve lot if saved dev time.. No ah more saved time and no exploits that every mmo has with the ah. Who knows its easy to say it fails.but being pvp is has well be the majority of my mmo game time I wish him well.

Crizack_sl

shitlord
Sept 15. Should be hit rather easily as from my understand pve is the largest time sink if no pve lot if saved dev time.. No ah more saved time and no exploits that every mmo has with the ah. Who knows its easy to say it fails.but being pvp is has well be the majority of my mmo game time I wish him well.
Just heard him say 2014 Beta and Sept 2015 release.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
EC was a zone with character, bazaar was a dead feeling grey zone. EC felt alive and bazaar felt dead to me. But I thought that org felt alive despite using auctioneers too so I think that the dead feeling is more a function of a terrible zone design than auction houses killing the game. EQ made some truly terrible dead feeling cities later on in the games life.