Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I missed that. I wasn't aware the mind gem worked on AI. I'll rewatch that part.
She uses her power, the gem lights up, the arm holding Clint goes intangible so he can get away, then he starts getting denser until he crashes through the floor. Presumably all of Vision's powers come from the gem, and I would guess Wanda getting her powers from the gem is why she can manipulate it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
You are making my point for me. That just means Iron Man's side could be weaker also. Or someone on Cap's side could be stronger. Basically, go fuck yourself.
Yeah, but you're making the argument about her powers in the comics. The argument that Iron Man's side was more powerful can easily be made by what we've seenin the films. War Machine, for example, actually uses his lethal weaponry to destroy Ant Man's club; other than that, he doesn't use it for the whole fight (Except once to distract giant man, but he clearly doesn't hit him). Iron Man only uses his missiles to shoot around Scarlet Witch (To get her to stop running). Vision doesn't use his mind stone blast on anyone.

I agree, powers in the movies are homogenized, which I think is a great choice for the movies--it would be retarded if Hulk and Thor were as powerful in the films as they are in the comics (It's retarded in the comics). Same with Iron Man, obviously he's not nearly as strong as he is in the comics, while Captain America is significantly stronger.

But from what we've seen? Maybe Scarlet Witch was holding back on Cap's side by not, say, just murdering Black Widow (And maybe Ant Man with his shrink discs); but on the whole, Iron Man's side was clearly the one with the bigger (Lethal) guns, who were choosing not to use them in favor of less than lethal weaponry.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
She uses her power, the gem lights up, the arm holding Clint goes intangible so he can get away, then he starts getting denser until he crashes through the floor. Presumably all of Vision's powers come from the gem, and I would guess Wanda getting her powers from the gem is why she can manipulate it.
I wasn't aware the mind gem allowed one to become mist-thin or denser than diamond.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Someone explains to Lyrical that the MCU is/may not be a literal translation of the comics.
Here's the thing. If that is the case, when Vision is separated from the stone by Thanos, then he'll be powerless. And that would be stupid to throw away a character they invested so much screen time on.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Here's the thing. If that is the case, when Vision is separated from the stone by Thanos, then he'll be powerless. And that would be stupid to throw away a character they invested so much screen time on.
I don't think you need to worry about him being powerless; he'll most likely be dead. Even if he is powerless, moments of doubt and pain are pretty essential to any really good arc. Losing your powers is a trope in comics for a reason.

At the end of the Gauntlet Story Line in the comics, they all got wishes, right? No reason to believe that wouldn't happen in Part 2. Caps shield will most likely break too, and he'll wish it back. So Vision fighting, then being de-powered (Or killed) when Thanos 'wins' in Infinity War Part 1? Seems pretty logical.

Column_sl

shitlord
I hope to god the infinty movies are nothing like the first comic mini series. Just take some of the cooler scenes from it only

I re read that recently, and it was fucking awful.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I wish they could do something remotely similar to the original Infinity Gauntlet series, missing so many pieces though unless they surprise us w/ an agreement to use FF and affiliated characters sometime in the next year.

Column_sl

shitlord
Please kill yourself.
If you can actually go back right now and read through the first Infinty series, and tell me you still liked it. You have what most people have suspected on the board for the longest time, the brain of a 3 year old.

It's awful, it's almost unreadable.

Comic writing has come so far from that dreck.

Trust me I remember that series being hell of epic as a kid, but then I downloaded it last week, and was like wtf. It did not age well

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you can actually go back right now and read through the first Infinty series, and tell me you still liked it. You have what most people have suspected on the board for the longest time, the brain of a 3 year old.

It's awful, it's almost unreadable.

Comic writing has come so far from that dreck.

Trust me I remember that series being hell of epic as a kid, but then I downloaded it last week, and was like wtf. It did not age well
Which mini series? Because if you are talking Thanos Quest, I hope you die in a fire.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wish they could do something remotely similar to the original Infinity Gauntlet series, missing so many pieces though unless they surprise us w/ an agreement to use FF and affiliated characters sometime in the next year.
In the Avengers cartoon last year, they tried to do Infinity Gauntlet, and it just didn't work without the FF characters (including Dr. Doom).

Column_sl

shitlord
Which mini series? Because if you are talking Thanos Quest, I hope you die in a fire.

This shit. It has a lot of really cool ideas, and moments in it, but reading through it is like ugh...

Infinity_Gauntlet_1.jpg

Column_sl

shitlord
You are delusional. I actually did just re-read it 2 months ago and still enjoyed the hell out of it.
See my above comments on 3 year olds.

That shit is poorly executed.

I'm afraid to re read Secret Wars 1 right now because it probly won't live up to how I remembered it.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
See my above comments on 3 year olds.

That shit is poorly executed.

I'm afraid to re read Secret Wars 1 right now because it probly won't live up to how I remembered it.
Secret Wars still holds up. But you'll probably hate it, as you have no soul.