Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Devlin

Golden Squire
Watching this again makes me want a Falcon & Winter Soldier team up movie, their chemistry was top notch in this movie.

Anyone saying Spider-man wasn't good is an arsehole, what do you want, another guy in his thirties playing a high school kid?

It isn't the 80's anymore.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just saw it. Thought it was great. Love the banter with a lot of the characters. New Spiderman was awesome, hopefully keeps that sarcastic smart-ass quality. Throwing Antman into the group was A+.

Had a chuckle when the Ross guy was like "Do you know where Thor/Hulk is atm?", like those two are controllable at all :p

Will be interesting too see where they go with this and how it ties into the infinity stones ending.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah because a disney movie is definitely going to show people getting punched into red mist and blown up.
Guess I cant leave that much of my brain at the door for these movies. Cap hurls his shield at a dude in the opening sequence only to have it bounce off the dude right back to him. Like what the fuck? The dude should of been sliced in half or the shield should impaled him yet it bounces off him like hes made of rubber or something.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Saw this again yesterday, holds up and is even better the second time. Movie is so dense, watching it again to get all the small details is pretty fantastic. God, that airport scene.

Re: falcon and widow shooting people, yes, it happens and is quite obvious. Falcon shoots one of the guys on the roof in Lagos, hitting him with several bullets (he's dual wielding SMGs ffs). When widow faces off with the two dudes, one of whom has the vial of whatever-bio-agent, she shoots a dude in the fucking head after redwing distracts the other one. Might have been more, but those were the two that I can remember right now.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Captain America clearly states they have body armor and they purposefully show the bullets hitting them in the chest in Falcon's case. The guy is knocked back and onto a car. I don't remember exactly if Widow headshots the guy, but I do seem to recall that being the case.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guess I cant leave that much of my brain at the door for these movies. Cap hurls his shield at a dude in the opening sequence only to have it bounce off the dude right back to him. Like what the fuck? The dude should of been sliced in half or the shield should impaled him yet it bounces off him like hes made of rubber or something.
You're never going to see the gore you are hoping for in these movies. Just give it up and accept that.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Moreover, it's Marvel fucking comics, what do you think is gonna happen? This isn't Punisher MAX or some shit.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not to mention the level of gore in R-rated movies is often as unrealistic as the level of not-gore in these. There's like... 2 movies I've seen that did violence reasonably accurately and they weren't blockbusters by any means.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
New Spider Man was the perfect mix of nerdy and quippy (Garfield never really pulled off "nerd", and Toby couldn't quip his way out of a paper bag).
That's why I feel like Ifinallygot to see Spider-Man on the big screen. I grew up with his cartoons, and his enthusiasm and sarcasm quickly made him one of my favorite superheros. Tobey never really had any snarkiness which, in my opinion, removed a lot of what made Spider-Man Spider-Man. They got Garfield a little closer in that regard, but his delivery mostly made him come off more as an arrogant prick rather than a jokester. Holland hit all the right notes.

I'm also glad Marvel recognized that they didn't need to give Spider-Man any origin story since that's been done to death. I loved how Stark just sort of waves it off like it doesn't matter.

So is scarlet supposed to be high school aged?
Doesn't Vision say something about wanting people to accept her and her being able to have a more normal life and go to high school or something like that?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Sounds familiar, but Hawkeye definitely mentions she can either "mope like a high schooler" or "get off her ass" as he's rescuing her from the compound/Vision. So yeah I'd say she's probably 17-18ish/senior HS age.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just stop.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone saying Spider-man wasn't good is an arsehole, what do you want, another guy in his thirties playing a high school kid?

It isn't the 80's anymore.
So what era is it then? Peter Parker graduated High School in issue #28, 09/1965. He then misses graduating college in issue #185 because of a missing gym credit, 10/1978. I started reading Amazing Spider-Man in 1976 and he hasn't been a teenager in the 40yrs I've been reading his comic book.

I get that Marvel/Disney want to have a young Spider-Man to appeal to kids. Ultimate Spider-Man was a teenager in both the comics and is still in the cartoon. It's just NOT the character I grew up with.

Also, the whole Tony Stark knowing Peter Parker was Spider-Man was lame. How did he know? He had footage of him but never revealed HOW he knew Peter was Spider-Man, he just did. Second, he wasn't quippy in his fights, he just acted goofy and in awe. In the actual comic book he's sarcastic and funny, very much the way Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man was written.

His powers again were used badly, just like all the other movies were. Sometimes they get it right but often they get it wrong, even in the same movie. They did give him the right amount of strength and agility but they screwed up his spider sense as usual. There is no way most of the stuff he was actually hit with, should have hit him. Yes even though he had only been Spider-Man for six months and was new at it, his spider sense is an actual precog ability. He only gets hit by either being faster than him, being able to overwhelm him with multiple attacks or if he chooses to ignore it. So basically every time he got hit in this movie by someone much slower than him, he chose to ignore it?

Finally at the end of the fight when Iron Man tells him to stand down, he acts like he's exhausted and can't fight anymore. OMG that is the WORST depiction of who Spider-Man actually is. Peter Parker/Spider-Man is Marvel's hero who doesn't quit. He doesn't give up when the odds are against him, when he's been beaten or when he's had everything taken from him. That's who he is and that's NOT who was depicted.

Stop watching shows like Ultimate Spider-Man and actually understand who Peter Parker/Spider-Man is and maybe you'd understand why this rendition sucked. Oh and don't get me started on Aunt May!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So what era is it then? Peter Parker graduated High School in issue #28, 09/1965. He then misses graduating college in issue #185 because of a missing gym credit, 10/1978. I started reading Amazing Spider-Man in 1976 and he hasn't been a teenager in the 40yrs I've been reading his comic book.

I get that Marvel/Disney want to have a young Spider-Man to appeal to kids. Ultimate Spider-Man was a teenager in both the comics and is still in the cartoon. It's just NOT the character I grew up with.

Also, the whole Tony Stark knowing Peter Parker was Spider-Man was lame. How did he know? He had footage of him but never revealed HOW he knew Peter was Spider-Man, he just did. Second, he wasn't quippy in his fights, he just acted goofy and in awe. In the actual comic book he's sarcastic and funny, very much the way Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man was written.

His powers again were used badly, just like all the other movies were. Sometimes they get it right but often they get it wrong, even in the same movie. They did give him the right amount of strength and agility but they screwed up his spider sense as usual. There is no way most of the stuff he was actually hit with, should have hit him. Yes even though he had only been Spider-Man for six months and was new at it, his spider sense is an actual precog ability. He only gets hit by either being faster than him, being able to overwhelm him with multiple attacks or if he chooses to ignore it. So basically every time he got hit in this movie by someone much slower than him, he chose to ignore it?

Finally at the end of the fight when Iron Man tells him to stand down, he acts like he's exhausted and can't fight anymore. OMG that is the WORST depiction of who Spider-Man actually is. Peter Parker/Spider-Man is Marvel's hero who doesn't quit. He doesn't give up when the odds are against him, when he's been beaten or when he's had everything taken from him. That's who he is and that's NOT who was depicted.

Stop watching shows like Ultimate Spider-Man and actually understand who Peter Parker/Spider-Man is and maybe you'd understand why this rendition sucked. Oh and don't get me started on Aunt May!
Let this be the definitive post on why This is the best Spider-Man and why ya'll who don't like him are wrong.

spidey sense alerts him that something is weird
rrr_img_134495.jpg

then he gets hit, cuz WTF! this is his first superhero v superhero fight, all this time he's been fighting petty crime
rrr_img_134496.jpg

still he's learned to use his webbing well, like doing the spidey slingshot
rrr_img_134497.jpg

enough to accurately break through airplane hanger glass and land on his target
rrr_img_134498.jpg

is able to block/stop and be amazed by cyber arm
rrr_img_134499.jpg

of course he is too distracted by the cool arm and gets hit
rrr_img_134500.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
cont...
when he is focus'd he easily avoids falcon's rockets
rrr_img_134501.jpg

is able to spidey sense when a I-Beam is come towards him
rrr_img_134502.jpg

returns it back to Bucky
rrr_img_134503.jpg

is busy admiring his work, cuz that was cool/distracted, get's falcon'd
rrr_img_134504.jpg

immediately able to hop away, web and disable falcon
rrr_img_134505.jpg

usual spidey quips
rrr_img_134506.jpg

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
You do know that even in the beginning of his career, Spider-Man could dodge bullets at point blank range. OMG squirrel, fuck my spider powers.

As I said above they use his abilities when it suits their needs and forget about them when "PLOT". They have done this in all six movies he has been in and it just gets annoying.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
cont....
takes out both with a spidey swing
rrr_img_134507.jpg

again, Spidey leaves em hangin'
rrr_img_134508.jpg

quips b/c he's at 100% advantage, doesn't spidey sense redwing
rrr_img_134509.jpg

next is jumping over and dodging shit from the crazy TK powers of Scarlet Witch
rrr_img_134510.jpg

rrr_img_134511.jpg

is only taken out when Cap targets the webbing, and not him directly w/ shield
rrr_img_134512.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
cont.....
counterattacks by taking down Cap and spidey slingshot kicking him
rrr_img_134513.jpg

rrr_img_134514.jpg

He is taken by surprise when the greatest athletic soldier already came up w/ counter measures and attacks for Spidey's entire arsenal in one go
rrr_img_134515.jpg

rrr_img_134516.jpg

again isn't ready when Cap, surprises and overpowers (he has the strength of a spider), and pulls him into a shield bash, wtf shield bash! yesterday he was deal with petty larceny
rrr_img_134517.jpg

rrr_img_134518.jpg