Captain America: Civil War (2016)

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Also my sister was asking what happened to Black Widow so I dunno if that was lost in the shuffle but
Nobody bothers to rat on her for zapping the black guy because she has a great ass. My words.
I think she went dark by the end of the film. Tony tells her flat out that because of what she did at the airport "they'll be coming for you. watch your back".

He hasn't been ordered to bring her in at that point, but that doesn't mean that this dumb oversight organization isn't looking to put her under arrest now.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
The Avengers as we know it: Stark (ironic since he walked out after Ultron), Vision, Scarlet Witch and a crippled Rhodes.

You have the secret Avengers: Capt, Falcon, Hawkeye, Widow, Ant-Man,

Unknowns until their movies: Spider-Man, Panther, Winter Soldier. We know they will join up.

Doing their thing and will rejoin: Thor and Hulk

So they will go on a recruiting run and bring in Captain Marvel and Spider-Man. They will get wtf smacked around in Infinity War 1 so Capt and co has to save their ass. The second movie will show them become one big ass team, throw in the Guardians, Strange, Punisher, WS, Panther, and Defenders. Maybe F4 after they convince Fox to make a deal. Hugh Jackman gets a stack of cash and we get Logan.

We all have a Marvel orgasm and when we are done splooging after Infinity War 2 mid credits roll we see Galactus instructing Surfer to head to Earth. Just when we've shot our second J49 load we go one last Camden round when the end credit scene shows Doctor Doom with his classic green cape and metal mask in his castle watching the final battle with Thanos and saying it's my turn.

drazon

Lord Nagafen Raider
Great movie. 9.5/10
Story is good.
Action is good.
Nice mix of seriousness and comedy.
I felt they did a good job with explaining why each member wanted to be on each team without drawing it out to long.
Pacing was excellent, and they didn't waste any lines. I felt like they had a lot to cram into a short time frame, they didn't waste any lines.

I did fill it was a little weird with some of Black Widow and Winter Soldiers fight scenes against drones of armed men that they were some how always close enough to melee. Like why didn't anyone just shoot winter soldier in his legs? They always seemed to aim for his giant metal arm... I felt the same with some of Black Widow's fight scenes against the heavily armed guys. Just shoot her in the face...

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would you shoot that woman in the face? With anything other than a load of semen? Fuck me.

EDIT: You know what. I wouldn't even do that. She's a classy broad and I wouldn't do that to her face.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Saw this twice over the weekend, once at a work premiere event we did for some of our customers, and then on Sunday with my wife and her posse. I'm not going to say the best Marvel movie, but damn close. Pacing was perfect for how plot dense this was. Actors were spot on, comedy was great. I agree that some of the motivations were kinda weak but they did what they could, this was more "The Avengers Initiative" than Civil war IMHO in terms of characters and Marvel concepts they had access to.

And yes Marissa Tomei is up there in solid GILF territory.

My shameless theorizing for what happens from here :
Cap is killed in Infinity Gauntlet Pt 1.
Tony uses his magical PTSD glasses to deprogram Bucky, in an attempt to atone for the rift between him and Rogers.
T'challa whips up a new Vibranium arm for Bucky with Stark providing the technological underpinnings.
Bucky steps into Cap's shoes.
Rogers is rezzed in Infinity Gauntlet Pt2, but steps away from taking the mantle of CA back, letting Sebastian Stan roll with it for a few more movies into the next phase. Goes off to get 70+ years of blue balls out of his system with Agent Sharon.

My not so secret hope is that hearing the current early reviews for Apocolypse it will bomb to the point that Fox may consider taking the Spidey/Sony option and playing ball with Marvel. Then we can get all the players under one house and give the world the WWH movie it deserves.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The Avengers as we know it: Stark (ironic since he walked out after Ultron), Vision, Scarlet Witch and a crippled Rhodes.
Scarlet Witch was in the prison muzzled and in a strait jacket wasn't she? She would be part of the secret avengers as well no?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Scarlet Witch was in the prison muzzled and in a strait jacket wasn't she? She would be part of the secret avengers as well no?
Yeah I was going to point that out. She's definitely not part of the official Avengers right now. She's part of my fantasies though!

Watched it again last night, and aside from realizing how fucking awesome it was yet again, it helped me clear up what I thought was a stupid plot point, but was just me forgetting one key element.
I thought their whole plan was to hijack the Quinjet, but they actually had a chopper waiting. When the other team showed up they knew the chopper was a no-go, but they also knew they would have arrived in a Quinjet, so adjusted their plan to go take it instead. I was a little peeved thinking their original plan was so dumb, relieved to see it was just me being dumb instead.

Also, the range on helicopters in this movie must be insane.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm still taking Scarlet over Scarlet... and by that I mean Johansson over Olsen.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I'm still taking Scarlet over Scarlet... and by that I mean Johansson over Olsen.
rrr_img_133450.jpg

Fadaar

That guy
Yeah I was going to point that out. She's definitely not part of the official Avengers right now. She's part of my fantasies though!

Watched it again last night, and aside from realizing how fucking awesome it was yet again, it helped me clear up what I thought was a stupid plot point, but was just me forgetting one key element.
I thought their whole plan was to hijack the Quinjet, but they actually had a chopper waiting. When the other team showed up they knew the chopper was a no-go, but they also knew they would have arrived in a Quinjet, so adjusted their plan to go take it instead. I was a little peeved thinking their original plan was so dumb, relieved to see it was just me being dumb instead.

Also, the range on helicopters in this movie must be insane.
It'd be easy to miss that since it happens literally the second they walk out on the tarmac and then isn't mentioned again. What did Tony do exactly? Shot something in to the chopper to disable it? God dammit I need to see it again but don't wanna go to the theater.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Was a great movie, the action was second to none, Spidey was done well and I want to see more of him.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It'd be easy to miss that since it happens literally the second they walk out on the tarmac and then isn't mentioned again. What did Tony do exactly? Shot something in to the chopper to disable it? God dammit I need to see it again but don't wanna go to the theater.
That's exactly what he does, fries the circuitry or something. About three seconds and done.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
They were losing and 3 of the other guys could still fly. It wasn't the best plan. That Deus Ex Machina.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just watched this. I never read comics or know anything about Black Panther.

What is the story with his ring? They made a couple obvious visual references to it this movie.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just realized this, although it was obvious but they continued with the Easter Egg of having someone lose an arm in every movie since Phase 2 started.
smile.png

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Has Chris Evans changed his stance that he wants out of the movies after his agreed-upon 3 Captain America movies? I thought originally he wanted to be done and gone with this one.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Movie was great. Every prediction I made was generally right except the one where Ross was behind it all. Maybe they're not gonna do the full blown villain route with him in the MCU and just use him for the Thunderbolts stand-alone. In 2025.

*edit*

I mean, we could find out that Ross was backing Rumlow, but with Infinity Wars on the horizon there isn't time for that plot to go anywhere.