Captain Marvel (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sevens

Log Wizard
This is a point thats often overlooked. People bitch all the time about how fucked up Hollywood is (and rightly so). Part of this stems from how insular it is as a community and industry. Its a lot like politics in this regard. Hollywood people bang and marry other Hollywood people. Their kids get in the business. Their brothers and sisters get in the business. Its a fucking echo chamber. Watch a movie from the 90s or any old Law and Order episodes and you will see kids that look familiar. Most "new stars" have been acting their entire lives and you just didn't notice them. And they are almost always related to someone in Hollywood.

2004. Almost 17 years ago. Look familiar?

View attachment 334810

Alexandra Daddario​

View attachment 334811
Im so out of the loop I dont know who she is from either picture.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You need to watch True Detective S1 on HBO. I cant post it here because... well there are two very large reasons.

You might also know her from the Percy Jackson.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
This is a point thats often overlooked. People bitch all the time about how fucked up Hollywood is (and rightly so). Part of this stems from how insular it is as a community and industry. Its a lot like politics in this regard. Hollywood people bang and marry other Hollywood people. Their kids get in the business. Their brothers and sisters get in the business. Its a fucking echo chamber. Watch a movie from the 90s or any old Law and Order episodes and you will see kids that look familiar. Most "new stars" have been acting their entire lives and you just didn't notice them. And they are almost always related to someone in Hollywood.

2004. Almost 17 years ago. Look familiar?

View attachment 334810

Alexandra Daddario​

View attachment 334811

I went into Stranger Things S3 not knowing who Robin was and I was like god dammit she looks really familiar. Well herp de derp, daughter of Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman. Looks JUST like her mom.

Xevy

Log Wizard
A lot of actors get their starts actually on those shows. Because they basically have new speaking parts every week and need 5-10 new people it's where a lot of famous people get their first air time. I think there's even a Law and Order list of all famous people somewhere and it's fucking huge.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
we watched baywatch and my wife said she has such pretty eyes

main-qimg-7a39ec90aaaf7e829a600342a29c7152

then we watched her in some chick flick with kate upton and she said she is a god awful actress

wife isn't wrong

• 2Great Review
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
we watched baywatch and my wife said she has such pretty eyes

main-qimg-7a39ec90aaaf7e829a600342a29c7152

then we watched her in some chick flick with kate upton and she said she is a god awful actress

wife isn't wrong
she is a smokeshow, all conversation about her acting is moot.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
In regards to Alexandria double daddario, I think a huge piece of it is that the stuff she's in already HAS terrible writing. She was pretty good in true detective, but pretty much everyone was great in that season. Percy Jackson was young adult nonsense, Baywatch was a joke...

I mean obviously she's no Gary oldman, but the stuff she gets casts in are already trash before she even shows up on screen, you know?

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong and I just like boobs ..

• 2Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
she is a smokeshow, all conversation about her acting is moot.
say that again after watching this travesty

TheLayover.jpg

its so bad, my wife swore off chick flicks for a few months, so in hindsight, maybe unintended bonus

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

TheLayover.jpg

its so bad, my wife swore off chick flicks for a few months, so in hindsight, maybe unintended bonus
Kate Upton and I don't even know who the dude is. Pretty safe bet the writing was terrible and nobody would have looked good.

I don't think anyone is claiming Daddario is some brilliant actress, I think people are just saying you can't really evaluate her too fairly when all the projects she's in have really low ceilings.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

TheLayover.jpg

does she get naked in that movie? no? then i didnt watch it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user