Captain Marvel (2019)

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
There have been dealings with the Kree in AoS, but more to do with the faction creating the Inhumans. There was a whole alternate future story that had quite a few Kree, but no, nothing to do with Danvers, Mar-Vell, Ronan, etc...

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Agents of Shield started out super rough but I've quite enjoyed the series since. I think it's worth a watch over quite a few of the other TV superhero offerings.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Season 1 was iffy at best, but it's really come into its own. Season 4 was fucking perfect, though. Especially they way they broke down the various story arcs based on the season breaks. It was extremely cohesive. I didn't get quite the same feeling with season 5, but it was still very good. I'm hearing that we're actually going to get a season 6, and it starts airing July next year.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i sort of got the impression that carol danvers is just an alternate personality of a kree soldier sent to infiltrate earth before they invade, then she decides she doesn't want to do that (which is more or less, Mar-Vell's storyline). based solely on nick fury's line about knowing a renegade soldier when he sees one. so, i'm thinking that she's fighting both the kree and the skrull...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It depends on what point the character is in within her comics. Through most of the Comics, Carol has your typical Kree's powers amped up a little. The Kree as strong as Captain America, along with all the other benefits of "augmented evolution" (Immune to most toxins, heals quickly, not bullet proof but amazingly durable.) Because she's a woman, she also has some latent psychic powers, like Spidey Sense, that work more instinctively. She is a little different though, because she has a power unique to her.

I forget off hand where she got it but it allows her to absorb and release energy. She can only absorb "celestial" energy, which is a bullshit comic book way of differentiating between kinetic and heat/light/electricity. As she absorbs more energy, she gets stronger but she can't store the energy for too long. Effectively she is like economy superman, weaker, and can only stay amped up for a limited amount of time (To compare her to a current Marvel character, she is like like Iron Man normally, energy projection, about that level of strength, can fly pretty fast). However, the more energy she absorbs, the more powers she gets.

Eventually with enough of it she can change reality in some ways because she can alter gravity and bend space time, she essentially gets kind of cosmic powers (The shit Ego was using, I'm going to guess, in the movie). The problem is she can't achieve that normally without a very efficient power source, raw, random absorption is not efficient enough for her to get enough before she has to release it, even blasting her with some of the more powerful abilities isn't enough to give her that boost. However, at one point though in the comics she got some McGuffin which gave her unlimited power to draw from, and feed her powers, and she was essentially Superman++, not only super strong, faster than light, energy projecting, but also able to alter gravity and as said, warp space time.

I'm going to guess this movie is about that McGuffin, so they can show off her powers. Then she'll lose it as she did in the comics and go back down to essentially being somewhere between Iron man or Thor in powers. If they keep her at the McGuffin level, they'll ruin the universe. Because she's truly absurd, on about the same level of King Thor (Comic Version). Each Hero has their absurd version, Starks Nano-Tech Suit, and King Thor, for example, and they were nerfed to hell in the movies so I suspect her super version will eventually be nerfed as well to homogenize her. But we'll see.
So basically modern Supergirl with a bit of Superman, and faced with absorbing the power of the fully gemmed gauntlet, the potential to reverse Infinity War becomes clear. Otherwise she sounds like Bishop who absorbs energy and blows up like a bitch from a sentinel in Days of Future Past.

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Imagine moviegoers saying they want tickets for CPT Marvel but get sent into the Shazam theater instead.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I wonder how many black female pilots there where in the air force in the 90s.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If that's your thing, I wonder how many there are right now.

Found a list of stats from June 30th, 2018.

Air Force Demographics said:
Women first entered pilot training in 1976, navigator training in 1977 and fighter pilot training in 1993.

20.1% women

21.0% of the officers are women and

19.8% of enlisted corps are women

58% of the female officers are line officers; 42% are non-line

85% of the male officers are line officers; 15% are non-line

64,367 total population of women

735 female pilots; 319 navigators; 226 air battle managers
Demographics

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

you'd think being a small frame'd less heavy person would but a HUGE advantage in machine competition

Zero wins bitch proves that idea false
150802121548-07-women-athletes-super-169.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't know why it breaks the quote into 2 pieces. I didn't quote it that way, and every time I "fix" it, it just reverts back to the way it was.

khorum

Murder Apologist
So basically modern Supergirl with a bit of Superman, and faced with absorbing the power of the fully gemmed gauntlet, the potential to reverse Infinity War becomes clear. Otherwise she sounds like Bishop who absorbs energy and blows up like a bitch from a sentinel in Days of Future Past.

She lost most her power restarting a dying star at some point... there have been caps to her absorption abilities over the years. I think Jean Grey/Phoenix would be closer to a superman in terms of MCU equivalent.

• 1Salty

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
The thing that bothers me, that creates the disconnect, with super-strong female characters who are normal/thin female body type, is when their male counter parts are still massive and ripped.
If their powers give them that strength, ok. But men who have same powers should be scrawnier, unless they're also pound-for-pound better.
Her counter should look like Kick-Ass/Spider-Man not Hancock

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The thing that bothers me, that creates the disconnect, with super-strong female characters who are normal/thin female body type, is when their male counter parts are still massive and ripped.
If their powers give them that strength, ok. But men who have same powers should be scrawnier, unless they're also pound-for-pound better.
Her counter should look like Kick-Ass/Spider-Man not Hancock

man it's difficult to think of a non rhoided up "superman" type dude
429404._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

even in the series everyone else is super jacked than him

hell they even draw batman to such extremes, fat affleck was ok and gtg for the movie.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If you had muscular women in the movies, you all would talk about how ugly and sjw it all is.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy

Fun fact, my last Wing Commander was the first USAF female fighter pilot. She made 1 star two years ago. Really cool person and a hell of a pilot.

• 1Like