<Silver Donator>
DnczYyoVsAEH3mu.jpg:large

• 11Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 14 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
is this what the future is? a plethora of sub-par superhero movies with female leads, because reasons

• 3Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
is this what the future is? a plethora of sub-par superhero movies with female leads, because reasons
nobody gives a fuck about female superheroes, they just want them out there to tick off the right virtue boxes. then when they fail they can blame toxic male fans and then go back to making movies men want to see. Wonder Woman was the unicorn.

one hopes.

• 3Salty
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When we get the first female superhero fighting topless while laying waste to her enemies in epic combat with full on breast jiggle captured on IMAX then we will accept that both sides can be superheroes. Until that time however, each and every excuse should be met with uncensored footage of Dr. Manhattan's dick flopping about. They've got no problem forcing male actors to train and get jacked for a role while the ladies get butt doubles and CGI breast enhancements.

• 2EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't say no one gives a fuck about female superheroes. I've always enjoyed them in the comics. But I stopped reading over 20 years ago, so I never got any of the SJW infestation either. But plenty of female superheroes would have gotten me into the theaters, Captain Marvel being near the top of that list. I get why everyone is concerned that this is going to turn into another Black Panther, and I share some of your trepidation, but I'm not going to condemn it until I've seen it.

It just seems a little dismissive to say that no one cares except SJWs. I'd love a good She-Hulk movie, or Spider-Woman, or Rogue, despite the fact that Anna Paquin basically ruined the character, or an actual great Phoenix story with a great actress that isn't as horrible and shitty as Sansa. Rogue from the comics was great, actually. And regardless, the movies have made me like characters I never cared about just as much as it has made me hate some that I really liked. I was sick of Wolverine in comics, because he was fucking everywhere. Movies though, I'll take all the Hugh Jackman I can get, despite some of the massive stinkers he's been in. Never cared much about Iron Man or Captain America either, but the movies made me love them. So they could take any character and make me love them if they did it right. I honestly don't care if they are male or female, or part horse for that matter (Beta Ray Bill, my boy!). Like I said, I get why the naysayers are naysaying, and you might end up being right. But I hope not.

Except Gambit. He's always going to be the gayest faggot that ever minced across a comic book page. Gayer than Northstar gay even.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I wouldn't say no one gives a fuck about female superheroes. I've always enjoyed them in the comics. But I stopped reading over 20 years ago, so I never got any of the SJW infestation either. But plenty of female superheroes would have gotten me into the theaters, Captain Marvel being near the top of that list. I get why everyone is concerned that this is going to turn into another Black Panther, and I share some of your trepidation, but I'm not going to condemn it until I've seen it.

It just seems a little dismissive to say that no one cares except SJWs. I'd love a good She-Hulk movie, or Spider-Woman, or Rogue, despite the fact that Anna Paquin basically ruined the character, or an actual great Phoenix story with a great actress that isn't as horrible and shitty as Sansa. Rogue from the comics was great, actually. And regardless, the movies have made me like characters I never cared about just as much as it has made me hate some that I really liked. I was sick of Wolverine in comics, because he was fucking everywhere. Movies though, I'll take all the Hugh Jackman I can get, despite some of the massive stinkers he's been in. Never cared much about Iron Man or Captain America either, but the movies made me love them. So they could take any character and make me love them if they did it right. I honestly don't care if they are male or female, or part horse for that matter (Beta Ray Bill, my boy!). Like I said, I get why the naysayers are naysaying, and you might end up being right. But I hope not.

Except Gambit. He's always going to be the gayest faggot that ever minced across a comic book page. Gayer than Northstar gay even.
when i was a kid i was huge into Wonder Woman, maybe it was her huge jugs, but i also liked the backstory too. Batgirl was pretty sweet and Black Canary. but i'm so dejected at today's film intepretations of these strong women that i hope i never see another one. Ripley from Aliens will never happen again.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The issue is that women are mostly judged on their looks and men are mostly judged on their character.

Putting on makeup and pretty dresses doesn't make for a compelling story and relationship drama/romance is a different genre to action. Character development does make for a good movie and most of the tropes people are used to are centered around men.

Now you can write a character development story for a women instead but then you run into the same problem with the actress, she's been judged on her looks to get to where she is and now she has to be the lead in a movie. She may be a very pretty but shitty actress, or at least not good at this genre.

You also have to have appropriate dialogue/direction for her and all the educated female writers and artists are doing romance and fashion, so you need a female outlier in the movie industry who likes superheros or men talented enough to direct a wider variety of character types.

So you got barriers choosing a female focused story, an actress good enough to actually act and writers/directors who understand how women act. That filters out potential good female lead characters until you are left with just Wonder Woman who managed to pull all of that off (and only then because Gal Gadot doesn't have to act to be a mediterranean warrior).

I think this is one of the few things that SJWs have a point with, though I don't think it's anyone's fault.

Marvel haven't done a bad job casting women so far though.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
when i was a kid i was huge into Wonder Woman, maybe it was her huge jugs, but i also liked the backstory too. Batgirl was pretty sweet and Black Canary. but i'm so dejected at today's film intepretations of these strong women that i hope i never see another one. Ripley from Aliens will never happen again.
lulz my favorite woman superhero in movies... i don't think she even had a speaking part
original.gif

now she's being hunted by real life Chinese Sentinels

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
lulz my favorite woman superhero in movies... i don't think she even had a speaking part
original.gif

now she's being hunted by real life Chinese Sentinels
She's thinking in portals though so she'll be fine.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Silencing womens amiright?

Compare to say.. John Wick 2 where Keanu probably shoots, stabs, or flat out kills more people in the trailer than words he speaks. Everyone else has way more lines and that's the whole point because action characters aren't meant to be monologuing like a villain.

Keanu's lines:
I'm not that guy any more.
I can't help you.
'fraid so.
Whoever comes, I'll kill them. I'll kill them all.
I'll try and do the same.

• 2Like

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Also, who is more recognizable voice wise? Brie Larson or Samuel L. Jackson? Who's voice would move the needle more?