Captain Marvel (2019)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think she looks awesome fully powered up.

I agree that her voice doesn’t sound mature, it’s kinda distracting.

Looking forward to it..

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
im really hoping that brie works better in context. shes not terrible, but ive always really liked captain marvel and always thought she sounded more... commanding.

Xevy

Log Wizard
She definitely looked better with her powers now after some CGI polish. That fucking Kree looked awful. Like he was the Green Goblin holding a mid 2000's era Nerf Blaster or some shit. Brie definitely doesn't seem as commanding as she should. Kind of wish they went with an older milf type who looks like she'd crush kree and your balls.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
And she even goes total Super Saiyan

super-saiyan-captain-marvel-1148317.jpeg

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked it. I guess they were a little concerned about the grandmother scene from the first clip and so chose to really explain it out. I love how Fury is being portrayed. I have to admit that Brie's voice is a bit distracting but loved the new action scenes.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Marvel has a pretty good track record with trailers. This one seemed off a bit. I think it's the lack of humor/levity. Yeah there is the Fury/cat bit at the end, but that's not much. I just worry that humor will be cut from her because they don't want their Flagship Female a joke. But that will backfire if they try that. It's one of the things that grounds the MCU in a sense of reality. Without it, she might as well be DCCU Superman.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Looked pretty good, but ever since someone suggested Emily Blunt as Captain Marvel, I can't get that image out of my head.

Actually, just put Emily Blunt as Mary Poppins in the MCU. I'll take it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looked pretty good, but ever since someone suggested Emily Blunt as Captain Marvel, I can't get that image out of my head.

Actually, just put Emily Blunt as Mary Poppins in the MCU. I'll take it.
Welp now that I’ve read this the movie is ruined for me and I have to go watch day after tomorrow again.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Welp now that I’ve read this the movie is ruined for me and I have to go watch day after tomorrow again.
Assume you mean Edge of Tomorrow, The Day After Tomorrow is that shitty Dennis Quaid movie.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I trust Feige and crew to deliver another great film, but a couple points made in these last few pages I DO agree with too.

When the "with her" popped up and morphed into "with a hero", I could almost see in my minds eye three fat feminists stand up in unison applauding recklessly in a dilapidated theatre out in California somewhere. Her voice, as others have said and I agree: the "...I'm gonna end it" delivery kinda sounded like an unsure teen.

She's got the look... I mean damn, I love the look of Captain Marvel in action as the powerful superhero that she is. It just really comes down to her performance and I feel for her because, let's be real, her performance is gonna be under a microscope (I'm already guilty myself) but that's the thing: I want it to be amazing and I feel like she's perfectly capable of that; to command that bad-assery in spades but I'm just a tad (a tad!) unsure still.

Also definitely looking forward to what lies inside the movie that will have an imminent connection to Infinity War II or whatever it's gonna be called... figuring that the post credits will be reserved for that specifically.

Again, I trust Feige... everything that man produces I enjoy and have complete faith that Captain Marvel will be great.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
She can't be Captain Marvel because she has to be the Invisible Woman, with her husband John Krasinski as Mr. Fantastic.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
it looks wonderful, but why would the Kree take some mentally damaged female from earth and give her 'Thanos killer' powers?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
it looks wonderful, but why would the Kree take some mentally damaged female from earth and give her 'Thanos killer' powers?

It could easily be 1 of 2 things.

She was genetically the perfect candidate to get the result they wanted.

or

They were just experimenting and didn't plan for her to be that powerful.

In both case, I'm going to predict that she didn't lose her memory but it was erased by the Kree so they could use her as a weapon.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users