Captain Marvel (2019)

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
None of this sjwism or pursuit of communism will ever have any impact on my life? Wew

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
No, the actor is just a faggot. There is a difference.

He has also made SJW comments (Mark Ruffalo too) but that doesn't seem to stop a top of people from seeing Avengers.

A majority of hollywood thinks like Brie does, the only difference is she's outspoken about it.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
He has also made SJW comments (Mark Ruffalo too) but that doesn't seem to stop a top of people from seeing Avengers.

A majority of hollywood thinks like Brie does, the only difference is she's outspoken about it.

He came out with this bullshit late in the game, so he was already established as a good Captain America before anyone knew any better. Nobody gives a shit about Ruffalo because he is only interesting CGIed up. His bumbling act in IW was one of the worst parts of the movie because we were forced to watch him try to act and he is exceedingly bad at it.

Regardless, who gives a shit about what all of Hollywood agrees with. I hope there are enough of them to keep this sorry bullshit afloat after Endgame. Like most here, I'm not seeing Captain Marvel in the theater and am only still committed to this franchise because I've wanted to see the Infinity Guantlet comics writ large since I was a kid over 2 decades ago. After this, I'm done with Marvel movies for their own sake. I'll treat them how I treat Star Wars now, wait for the reviews and go see them if they are actually worthwhile. Otherwise I'll pirate them and watch them if and when I can be bothered. To wit: I just watched both ant man movies last weekend to prep for endgame and I still haven't watched Solo.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
None of this sjwism or pursuit of communism will ever have any impact on my life? Wew
I guess it depends on what you consider impact. If you think the ultimate impact will be the Blue Hairs carrying all the men off to ovens, it won't. But, if you think some shit will get made that you don't like and is for an audience that is not you? Well then, yes that will happen. Here is a secret I will let you in on... that is always what has happened in the history of media and entertainment. This time, Brie threw it in your face and everyone reacted like a 2 year olds that just had their plug yanked out of their mouths.

It is the 5% of idiots on both sides of the margins that stir shit up to the point to spills over into the lives of 90% of the normal people. All you pit vipers on the margins can have one another. Your endless bickering and hate has no solutions. The only closure it will bring you is ass cancer.

The only good you can do to further your ideals is to not go see the money and give them your money. That is it. Anything else you say or do is detrimental to your own cause.

• 2EyeRoll
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
guy named Fight says don't fight

hmmm

Tyler Durden would be speaking up against this stuff

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the "this doesnt affect me" argument is very short sighted. for one, bankrolling ID politics based entertainment only encourages more of the same. for another we are going to have at least 7 to ten more years of Brie Larson telling us what fucking horrible people white males are in marvel movies. thanks guys!

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I guess it depends on what you consider impact. If you think the ultimate impact will be the Blue Hairs carrying all the men off to ovens, it won't. But, if you think some shit will get made that you don't like and is for an audience that is not you? Well then, yes that will happen. Here is a secret I will let you in on... that is always what has happened in the history of media and entertainment. This time, Brie threw it in your face and everyone reacted like a 2 year olds that just had their plug yanked out of their mouths.

It is the 5% of idiots on both sides of the margins that stir shit up to the point to spills over into the lives of 90% of the normal people. All you pit vipers on the margins can have one another. Your endless bickering and hate has no solutions. The only closure it will bring you is ass cancer.

The only good you can do to further your ideals is to not go see the money and give them your money. That is it. Anything else you say or do is detrimental to your own cause.

You talk a lot about your opinions on the subject despite thinking that talking about shit just enforces the other side. You can play innocent bystander all you want, but you have opinions on the matter and seem to only have the guts to talk about them under some veil of calling everyone that speaks up about things morons. It's OK if you don't agree with this shit. it's OK to agree with her, but for fucks sake stand up like a god damned man about it.

Also, just to clue you in: People don't like having shit talked about them and generally react by slinging their own shit. Nobody gave a fuck about Brie's casting (outside of there being better actresses) until she dived into the ideology ball-pit that we've been struggling in for years now. Brie is just another sign of an already existing problem, one that has a much larger scope than this movie. But you wouldn't know about that, because none of this has any actual effect on the world, until your little ostrich head is ripped up out of the sand and you wonder what the fuck happened while you were too scared to be paying attention.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 11 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
He's comparing the cowardice of a "it doesn't really affect your life" mentality to that of the same sort of cowardice that has been seen time and time again throughout history by people who were too afraid to look at an increasingly bad situation because it was too confusing to them, or they just weren't looking close enough to see what it was. The German people did this sort of shit during the rise of the Nazi's, as did many people in many situations with the rise of hatred and bigotry for other people. "First they came for... and I said nothing"

If you spent 5 minutes to think/read about what he was actually saying instead of jumping the gun the moment something about Jews or the holocaust was mentioned, you would know this.

Comparing any of this to the rise of nazi'ism is as much of a joke as comparing it to the Holocaust.
None of this is close to that scale, saying it is the personification of ignorance.

Now I'm all about saying its bullshit and its out of control (because it is), but comparing the two is like comparing apples to volcanoes. They can't even close to being in the same league to draw a comparison off one another. Unless you are going to the very beginning, like the first 5 minutes of the conversation that began nazi'sim then sure, maybe then? But other than that? naw. Comparing this and Immediately jumping to the single worst event perpetuated by humans in the history of the planet is skipping more than a couple steps on that ladder.

• 2Salty
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
the "this doesnt affect me" argument is very short sighted. for one, bankrolling ID politics based entertainment only encourages more of the same. for another we are going to have at least 7 to ten more years of Brie Larson telling us what fucking horrible people white males are in marvel movies. thanks guys!

I'd agree. I'm just saying I'm not gonna let it impact my enjoyment for the movie (if I do in fact enjoy it). Brie is still a blow hard B who embodies the very ideals she supposedly stands against and is the walking definition of a hypocrite. Militant feminism and discrimination against men (any gender or color) can scissor itself out of existence.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Comparing any of this to the rise of nazi'ism is as much of a joke as comparing it to the Holocaust.
None of this is close to that scale, saying it is the personification of ignorance.

Now I'm all about saying its bullshit and its out of control (because it is), but comparing the two is like comparing apples to volcanoes. They can't even close to being in the same league to draw a comparison off one another. Unless you are going to the very beginning, like the first 5 minutes of the conversation that began nazi'sim then sure, maybe then? But other than that? naw. Comparing this and Immediately jumping to the single worst event perpetuated by humans in the history of the planet is skipping more than a couple steps on that ladder.
This shit is literary how nazism started. The communist snowflakes behaved exactly like SJWs are now and normal people that got tired of dealing with the bullshit allowed nazis to rise up.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. Do you prefer your armband on the left or the right arm?

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
This shit is literary how nazism started. The communist snowflakes behaved exactly like SJWs are now and normal people that got tired of dealing with the bullshit allowed nazis to rise up.

Any number of movements that were BS started this way, pick any of them for a more accurate comparison.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'd agree. I'm just saying I'm not gonna let it impact my enjoyment for the movie (if I do in fact enjoy it). Brie is still a blow hard B who embodies the very ideals she supposedly stands against and is the walking definition of a hypocrite. Militant feminism and discrimination against men (any gender or color) can scissor itself out of existence.
just saying, this movie shouldnt be fucking divisive like the politics thread. we should be discussing stuff about the merits of the movie. by the studio intentionally injecting "her" politics into it, completely hijacks the process. how soon before it becomes "XER"?

• 1Dislike
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
There still seem to be a few who share his idea that "it's only on the internet, if I ignore it, it will go away."

Ah, gotcha.

I miss Chaos. :(

At anyrate, is there a political discussion this can go into? This isn't really about the movie anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Don't worry, I can guess the response and feel bad

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users