Captain Marvel (2019)

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It's not a good look to take an argument YOU'RE involved in and start talking about moderation. Your help wasn't asked for so it seems like the only person you wanted to help was yourself.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Where have I done some shitty modding? This is staying the same...can you tell me where I've done wrong? Thanks.

Dude, are you serious?

You jump into a conversation you can't handle and then bitch out and start telling people to take the conversation elsewhere. When made to look like a little bitch in response, you tell people they have a case of toxic masculinity. Now you're pulling your 'innocent o'little me' routine. That you didn't just let another mod take care of the situation, one that wasn't dick-deep in it, is the perfect sign that you're a shitty mod. And that's without the other subtle signs of shit being moved to places it shouldn't be elsewhere in the recent past.

This shit was going to blow over once the movie hit full release and people started talking about the actual movie instead of the controversy. That you didn't think about that and decided to poke the hornet's nest at exactly the wrong time to do so is another sign.

• 6Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You can blame Brietard Larson for making this political bruh

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Dude, are you serious?

You jump into a conversation you can't handle and then bitch out and start telling people to take the conversation elsewhere. When made to look like a little bitch in response, you tell people they have a case of toxic masculinity. Now you're pulling your 'innocent o'little me' routine. That you didn't just let another mod take care of the situation, one that wasn't dick-deep in it, is the perfect sign that you're a shitty mod. And that's without the other subtle signs of shit being moved to places it shouldn't be elsewhere in the recent past.

This shit was going to blow over once the movie hit full release and people started talking about the actual movie instead of the controversy. That you didn't think about that and decided to poke the hornet's nest at exactly the wrong time to do so is another sign.

Dude, the toxic masculinity thing was clearly a joke. wow.

• 1Salty

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dude, are you serious?

And he also backed down when called out on it and nothing got moved. Maybe people could just be magnanimous in victory instead of needing to continue to REEEEEEEEEE

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
And he also backed down when called out on it and nothing got moved. Maybe people could just be magnanimous in victory instead of needing to continue to REEEEEEEEEE

Yeah, like I said I was just trying to help, when I got push back I backed off. Wasn't trying to cause issues. Sorry guys.

Edit: Also I've not moved anything anywhere that the mod team hasn't directed me to move. So not sure where that part came from either.

• 1Salty

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

What can I say, I ate my Wheaties this morning.

35e49965dad16303789d348c29b10b38.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Any number of movements that were BS started this way, pick any of them for a more accurate comparison.

This is actually an extremely accurate comparison. Even down to the organizations like Antifa and Proud Boys. The way its playing out is accurate, too. With right wingers being deplatformed and censored (A lot of this is just a natural byproduct of geography, because the best places to gather, urban centers, tend to be Liberal strong holds--which leads to situations that happened in Germany and today, where right wing gatherings are attacked by street level forces, and the mayors of those cities have police stand down. Every time this happened in Germany, resentment grew until the brown shirts formed. This is compounded by censorship in media platforms, which is also a mirror of how it was then and today--this is one reason why the Nazis went so hard on propaganda, they had it used against them to great effect for a decade..)

Anyway, its playing out very, very closely. Its almost a 1 for 1, actually. The only difference is the economic state which preceded it. But the real problem in Germany and here is that when a dominant ideology attempts to censor its opponents, it also ends up stifling criticisms it needs to hear to correct mistakes the leadership is making--which leads to resentment and more people joining the counter-culture. The stronger that censorship, the more radical the counter culture can be because people get desperate. The way censorship is playing out today is eerily similar, and its precisely what Orwell wrote about. (Right down to forcing speech.) Any case I won't post more on it, since this isn't for the movie obviously--but always have to point this out. History is strikingly close at hand over the past few years.

Last edited:
  • 9Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 9 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Well we have a thread that literally say "all things SJW" so the last few pages of this are gonna be moved over to there.

you have got to be fucking kidding me

edit nm sjw gender traitor mod backed off

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You can blame Brietard Larson for making this political bruh
this isnt completely true. when the CM trailer hit, they emphasized HER then revealed "a hero" that was the first clue. hell the first clue was casting a raging feminist for the role in the first place. this is what Disney wants. this is their direction. Brie is just the junkyard dog they let loose on trespassers

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
This is actually an extremely accurate comparison. Even down to the organizations like Antifa and Proud Boys. The way its playing out is accurate, too. With right wingers being deplatformed and censored (A lot of this is just a natural byproduct of geography, because the best places to gather, urban centers, tend to be Liberal strong holds--which leads to situations that happened in Germany and today, where right wing gatherings are attacked by street level forces, and the mayors of those cities have police stand down. Every time this happened in Germany, resentment grew until the brown shirts formed. This is compounded by censorship in media platforms, which is also a mirror of how it was then and today--this is one reason why the Nazis went so hard on propaganda, they had it used against them to great effect for a decade.)

Anyway, its playing out very, very closely. Its almost a 1 for 1, actually. The only difference is the economic state which preceded it. But the real problem in Germany and here is that when a dominant ideology attempts to censor its opponents, it also ends up stifling criticisms it needs to hear to correct mistakes the leadership is making--which leads to resentment and mor people joining the counter-culture. The stronger that censorship, the more radical the counter culture. The way censorship is playing out today is eerily similar, and its precisely what Orwell wrote about. (Right down to forcing speech.) Any case I won't post more on it, since this isn't for the movie obviously--but always have to point this out. History is strikingly close at hand over the past few years.

Hmmm, well I can buy into that when explained like this. Thanks Lithose.

• 3Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I mean if they want backlash and triggering memes, they know how to ask for it.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I just hope Feige got some decent blowjobs from Larson to get this ball rolling. though im putting my money on her being a complete dead fish in the sex0r arena, scarlet looks like the fun one and she didnt even get her movie before CM.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Sevens

Log Wizard
I just hope Feige got some decent blowjobs from Larson to get this ball rolling. though im putting my money on her being a complete dead fish in the sex0r arena, scarlet looks like the fun one and she didnt even get her movie before CM.
I dont know, I think Feige was pretty loyal to the source material...I think all this sjw / Brie Larson shit is fostered on him by Disney

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I think it comes down to two simple points they were aiming at:

1: Need a new core lead for the series to replace Cap/IM.
2: Should probably do a female character because that's where the winds are blowing

Captain Marvel is really one of the very few characters that fits those two things. Scarlet Witch and Widow are just not leader material.

I think things went wrong in the casting of Brie. Whether they realized it later and couldn't backtrack or not doesn't matter. We're stuck with her, and in the process they've pissed off some of the people who were the reason these movies/comics existed in the first place.

• 1Like