Captain Marvel (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
2.33 star(s) Rating: 2.33/5 36 Votes
Title: Captain Marvel (2019)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Anna Boden, Ryan Fleck

Cast: Brie Larson, Jude Law, Ben Mendelsohn, Samuel L. Jackson, Lee Pace, Djimon Hounsou, Gemma Chan, Clark Gregg, Mckenna Grace, Kenneth Mitchell, Colin Ford, Algenis Perez Soto, Lashana Lynch, Rune Temte, Robert Kazinsky, Raul Torres, Annette Bening, Ana Ayora

Release: 2019-03-06

Plot: The story follows Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races. Set in the 1990s, Captain Marvel is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Trailer for this got leaked but has been taken down.

from a grainy cell phone, looks like lots of fighter jets and brie larsen stripped down and standing on a platform while i suit surrounds her - may still be floating around somewhere.

EDIT: may be fake, but we do know footage was released today at cineurope.

Last edited:

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So Brie Larson said this about Captain Marvel in an interview.

"She’s so strong. She can move planets! So, to me, it’s like how far can I go with this strength?"

• 3Picard

Chris

Potato del Grande

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So Brie Larson said this about Captain Marvel in an interview.

"She’s so strong. She can move planets! So, to me, it’s like how far can I go with this strength?"

Inside the event, Larson used her acceptance speech Wednesday advocate for more inclusion among movie reviewers. The audience applauded after she said she didn't need "a white dude to tell me what didn't work for him" about Ava DuVernay's A Wrinkle in Time, for example. "It wasn't made for him. I want to know what that film meant to women of color, to biracial women, to teen women of color, to teens that are biracial. And for the third time, I don't hate white dudes! These are just facts; these are not my feelings."

God I hope they don't fuck this up because of this kind of attitude. Edit: Thinking somehow a white guy not liking your movie is okay because him being white male makes his opinion lesser is the exact kind of racist shit that ends up pushing wrong headed choices in these ideologues.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Inside the event, Larson used her acceptance speech Wednesday advocate for more inclusion among movie reviewers. The audience applauded after she said she didn't need "a white dude to tell me what didn't work for him" about Ava DuVernay's A Wrinkle in Time, for example. "It wasn't made for him. I want to know what that film meant to women of color, to biracial women, to teen women of color, to teens that are biracial. And for the third time, I don't hate white dudes! These are just facts; these are not my feelings."

God I hope they don't fuck this up because of this kind of attitude.
naw it's fucked, Marvel is also REDO'in SJW in comics 2.0 again, all the SJW comics and writers are coming back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
It took 7 posts until someone started bitching about SJW nonsense, we're better than that guys we can get it down to 4-5 posts surely.

• 6Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 9 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
It took 7 posts until someone started bitching about SJW nonsense, we're better than that guys we can get it down to 4-5 posts surely.

Only two posts until someone was whining about bitching about SJW shit. Lets try to make that one, too. Whatever we do though, lets NOT address the actual SJW shit where the people discard your opinion because of your skin color and sex.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Captain Marvel is a dude with a lightning bolt on his chest that says "Shazaam", or at least that's my cherished, soon to be destroyed, childhood recollection of the Saturday morning cartoon I would always watch.

All they need to do now is to remake Johnny Quest as gender neutral and remake Gilligan as a tranny and I can officially go out and buy my cane and start waving it menacingly on my front lawn.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Captain Marvel is a dude with a lightning bolt on his chest that says "Shazaam", or at least that's my cherished, soon to be destroyed, childhood recollection of the Saturday morning cartoon I would always watch.

that wasn't even a Marvel property, just coincidentally named

tho OG Marvel version of Captain Marvel wasn't a woman either. he was replaced by a woman in 1982 tho. the film/Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Captain Marvel that we're getting here is based more on Ms. Marvel, who has been around since 1968.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I can't wait for her to save the Universe from Thanos in Wars pt. Deux. She will be immune to Infinity Stones or some bullshit like that is my theory. Unless this gets rave reviews here I will be pirating or waiting for on netflix.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
that wasn't even a Marvel property, just coincidentally named

tho OG Marvel version of Captain Marvel wasn't a woman either. he was replaced by a woman in 1982 tho. the film/Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Captain Marvel that we're getting here is based more on Ms. Marvel, who has been around since 1968.

Themoreyouknow.gif
Had to do some research to clear up the confusion. https://www.quora.com/Who-would-win-Captain-Marvel-DC-vs-Captain-Marvel-Marvel

Childhood memories saved..

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Literally telling white dudes their opinion doesn't matter--rather than address that ridiculous line of thinking, Scream attempts to concern troll even bringing the subject up. Hmm. Remember how I said that's exactly what obsequious little shits who are too smart to cling to a ridiculous or hateful ideology but don't have the spine to go against it would do? I seem to remember that...wait...Oh yeah.

And what do those sympathetic actors do? Well, what you're doing now. Attempt to shame, label and minimize people who speak out in opposition of the madness. I saw this fairly regularly with skeptics vs Christians too. There was always a group of "not really Christian" Christians who didn't argue FOR their side, but instead argued AGAINST the other sides character or displays, not really tackling any arguments, merely trying to socially disrupt their ability to communicate.

Favorite vectors are--making the other side seem unhinged, overly emotional, socially excluded already (Pretty much your standard operating procedure). I see the formula now Scream and it just makes me laugh a little, you're so predictable.

Here is where you and the other idiots who groan whenever clearly racist SJW shit like this is brought up tell everyone how "you don't really agree with SJW shit, you just don't think its okay to talk about for X or Y reason!" You guys are so damn predictable. But by all means, lets hypocritically bitch about people discussing things on a board meant to discuss things! That sounds smart. lol.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Literally telling white dudes their opinion doesn't matter--rather than address that ridiculous line of thinking, Scream attempts to concern troll even bringing the subject up. Hmm. Remember how I said that's exactly what obsequious little shits who are too smart to cling to a ridiculous or hateful ideology but don't have the spine to go against it would do? I seem to remember that...wait...Oh yeah.

Here is where you and the other idiots who groan whenever clearly racist SJW shit like this is brought up tell everyone how "you don't really agree with SJW shit, you just don't think its okay to talk about for X or Y reason!" You guys are so damn predictable. But by all means, lets hypocritically bitch about people discussing things on a board meant to discuss things! That sounds smart. lol.
You really read a lot into my gif man.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
So Adam Warlock with tits?

Though, I imagine Adam Warlock will be in Wars pt 2 because that is probably who the gold skinned people in Guardians 2 were making at the end. So maybe I will be wrong, delightfully so, and either way they make a kick ass Marvel Woman movie that is fun and entertaining. Though that seems to be becoming too much to ask these days.

I just don't want another Wonder Woman, mediocre when it should have been so much better.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database