Captain Marvel (2019)

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
WpHzFz7.jpg
Noassatol is a serious disease. Someone get Brie a some double bacon cheeseburgers and a Smith's machine to do squats. STAT.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Noassatol is a serious disease. Someone get Brie a some double bacon cheeseburgers and a Smith's machine to do squats. STAT.
GTFO with that Smith machine Planet Fitness bullshit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As much fun as that image is, they're standing differently and her costume obviously isn't skin tight like his is. There may be other evidence of her not having an ass, but that picture is inconclusive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Captain Marvel will be fine. I think folks will be disappointed it didn’t come out before IW as I suspect the IW tie in is after credits.

Why wasn't she in Infinity War, or any of the other Marvel movies? Seems weird that someone so strong would just wait on the sidelines.

The only answer I can find is:

"But now we have an explanation. Though they teased her arrival in a post-credit scene, directors and brothers Anthony and Joe Russo have stated that they’re saving her for later ."

Saving her for later isn't really an explanation...

Rumors are that Feige is planning all MCU post IW content around her. Her movie will likely be central to IW2, she might even be the character that saves the MCU and defeats Thanos.

Captain Marvel is going to be the new "Iron Man 1" for post IW Marvel.

So, expect this character to be full-blown SJW aids, and expect it to sell really well for the first movie. Whether or not it's a good movie... I think it's very unlikely to be good.

"Female Fighter Pilot gets abducted by aliens and becomes Superwoman." That's not an interesting character concept.

Blonde white girl in spandex will sell tickets, but this movie will probably suck.

Last edited:

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Rumors are that Feige is planning all MCU post IW content around her. Her movie will likely be central to IW2, she might even be the character that saves the MCU and defeats Thanos.

Captain Marvel is going to be the new "Iron Man 1" for post IW Marvel.

So, expect this character to be full-blown SJW aids, and expect it to sell really well for the first movie. Whether or not it's a good movie... I think it's very unlikely to be good.

"Female Fighter Pilot gets abducted by aliens and becomes Superwoman." That's not an interesting character concept.

Blonde white girl in spandex will sell tickets, but this movie will probably suck.

as long as they stick to the spirit of the character itself, it'll be fine. there's a part of me that is expecting the wonder woman treatment of "WE FINALLY HAVE A FEMALE TO LOOK UP TO!" but honestly, the wonder woman mythos has always been inherently pro-feminist. carol danvers on the other hand wasn't really ever about that.

there's also the argument that this will be black panther for womyn. which it COULD be, obviously... but black panther pandering to black people was very much a part of his character from the beginning.

so we'll see, but i'm reservedly optimistic

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It does help that the character has a lot of established history and solid material to draw from in terms of characterization. I do agree, however, that it reeks of "why has she been back there all this time??" and it will be interesting to see how they explain her absence until nlw.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It does help that the character has a lot of established history and solid material to draw from in terms of characterization. I do agree, however, that it reeks of "why has she been back there all this time??" and it will be interesting to see how they explain her absence until nlw.
It helps in that Disney will say "Oh look at how much we can change for the betterment of womyn!". Though honestly, I'm optimistic the movie will be good.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have at "Least" enjoyed watching every Marvel movie starting with Iron man 1. This includes Thor 2 and Iron man 3. I will give Marvel a chance and say this movie will be as entertaining as Black Panther. Black Panther does not rank high for me as a Marvel Movie but it was still entertaining enough to enjoy. I have no problem with a strong female lead. I am also very curious how her absence is explained given how powerful she is.

As far as her being abducted by aliens and then becoming a known Hero....

rs-166911-ft_comicon_s_t_grd09_wt06_0.jpg

I am fine with that.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think if this was coming from a different studio with a different track record, i'd be concerned about a female super hero led movie. captain marvel is extremely well known if you read comics. if you don't, though, you have NO idea who she is, so there's a LOT of temptation to just change her completely to fit whatever narrative a studio wants.

but feige REALLY respects source material. he's made changes to characters but they've all fit with the spirit of the character themselves, so it's okay.