Captain Marvel (2019)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No, because her version of feminism just means equality, which she explained. Not even close. I saw this posted earlier, its ridiculous.

I'd LOVE to see the quote that I "missed" that Brie states women should be greater than men.

Only difference is the lack of apology for saying "Hey, there's more men involved in MCU movies than women" and "Most reviewers are white men, so reviews will skew towards what white men like" (i.e. I've seen some supposedly AMAZING foreign films with friends/classes - Citizen Kane-tier in their regions - I could barely stay awake in most, culture in movie appreciation MATTERS) - which are just factual statements. There is nothing to apologize for.

It's stupid when SJWs demand people apologize for something that is fact being blown out of proportion because of hallucinated additional context - it's of no difference on the convex when anti's do it.

And you're wrong about this not feeding into the system. Yea, stupid shit should be challenged, but there's "some challenge" and making it clear and there's overreaction that just feeds into the system. Just because the normal people aren't being triggered here, doesn't change the fact that it's an equally ridiculous "TRIGGGGGGERED!?" case.

• 2Salty
  • 2Picard
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Only difference is the lack of apology for saying "Hey, there's more men involved in MCU movies than women" and "Most reviewers are white men, so reviews will skew towards what white men like" (i.e. I've seen some supposedly AMAZING foreign films with friends/classes - Citizen Kane-tier in their regions - I could barely stay awake in most, culture in movie appreciation MATTERS) - which are just factual statements. There is nothing to apologize for.

You should read again what you wrote here. More men involved in a action flick or to be more precise super hero action flick based on comic books..
Well duh Sherlock, it would be like complaining that too many women were in the audience for the those stupid vampire romance movies.
Also what is the barrier to entry to become a movie critic? Literally anyone with a cellphone camera or a computer can do it, all you need to do is be coherent and start doing it.

That in addition to all the other shit she did paints a little bit of a pattern.

• 2Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
Pretty sure the opening weekend is like a bajillion dollars. Evil white men BTFO. Also funny is why the fuck some of you would even bother to torrent the movie to watch it if you are just circle jerk bashing flat-ass. Time, money, she's not worth any of it.

And I'm sure there will probably be leaks on how she plays a role in thanos coming up as a loser in avengers 4. If he gets beaten by girl power because he's played by an evil white male I'll just skip that movie also. If anything at least the internet trolling spawned from this movie was amusing.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
They've really supercharged Captain Marvel - looks like she is about god of thunder Thor levels of power.
Her and scarlet witch powers should be somewhat similar I suppose since they both came from the space stone
Nope.
Different stones, and even different exposures. Scarlet witch is exposed to the Mind Stone, which is why she could destroy it. Captain M. is exposed only indirectly to the Space Stone - she's exposed to the power cell that Mar-Vell designed from the Space Stone. The original stone stayed on the cloaked ship all the time.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I'd LOVE to see the quote that I "missed" that Brie states women should be greater than men..

I'd love for you to quote where this was claimed. Why are you pulling random shit out of your ass? What was claimed is exclusionary language like hers, targeting a specific group for nothing more than seeing "too many of them" would be deemed incredibly racist and sexist if it were any other group. Most people can tolerate self empowerment feminism--it starts to turn sour when its negatively oriented feminism or ID politics which specifically targets people.

If I said "This movie wasn't made for Jews, I don't need Jews to be giving me their opinions. I only want to hear from white christian men"--how do you think that would fly?

You don't even know what people are angry about you clueless cunt. She didn't just make an observation, she claimed a group should be irrelevant and began working to disregard them.

And you're wrong about this not feeding into the system. Yea, stupid shit should be challenged, but there's "some challenge" and making it clear and there's overreaction that just feeds into the system. Just because the normal people aren't being triggered here, doesn't change the fact that it's an equally ridiculous "TRIGGGGGGERED!?" case

Answer the above. The point is holding these hypocrites to their own rules--because social rules can grow cancerous if they are only specifically enforced. This is how you get major political parties saying their job is to tell white men to shut up. Its how it became okay to use "BUT YOU'RE A WHITE MALE" as a legitimate argument to dismiss someone (Even allowed in national HS/College debates now). Because spineless faggots like you REFUSE to hold other people to the same rules you allow to be applied to you.

Now, as said, answer the above. If Mel Gibson had said a line like that, how do you think he'd be treated? And this is what boggles my fucking mind with you spineless fucks. No one is asking you to crusade against feminism or some shit. I'm asking you to have some self respect and force these children to adhere to the social rules THEY DEMAND. This is something every parent should teach their CHILD before they leave home--expect to be treated how you treat others. If you can't even do that in society, you don't have an equal society anymore. Which is how you get situations like this in California, where one political persuasion is no longer allow to even speak at most events, because they observe the rules and listen but aren't given the same courtesy--mainly because this double standard/hypocrisy has become acceptable.

Fucking stand up for yourselves or at the very least allow others to do stand up to for themselves. It costs you nothing to just allow others to complain. Follow the fucking advice you're giving to everyone else about Brie, you god damn hypocrite. The message here seems to be like you can ignore Brie, but not people on this forum, because she has a bigger audience--its totally contradictory. Unless what you really want here is to allow her brand of politics a voice, while smothering dissent. Which if it is, have the balls to say that. Christ.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
believe the bullshit all you want. maybe you can farm 160 million from a bombay bot factory too. lets see what you think when this chode and a bunch of diversity hires are saving the universe because diversity.
I'll wait to see if the figures after the first week crater. If this thread's any indication most of the people speaking out against the movie are at least torrenting it. It's virtue signal level pathetic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Your champion has stepped forward. Make your vote count, Dworkk.

We should make it illegal to negatively review female lead movies. Before you jack offs say "this is just some idiot"---She's on a national television show, and she was a congressional candidate who, again, is important enough to be in national media. She also testified before Congress on various issues. Hey Vaclav Vaclav should we let this slide? Or is someone advising Congress and running around on national media 'important enough' to complain about?

Also, I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread said the movie would do well. Especially opening weekend, as the pre-release ticket sales were good.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Did Nick Fury really lose his eye to a cat scratch? It sounds almost like someone trying to troll people who have not seen it yet.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
$160 million will put this lower than Aquaman.

Edit: nvm they mean domestic box office only. That’s quite good. Lotsa cucks in America these days

i figure it's the dads that promised their daughters that they'd have a women president 3 years ago, and this is their penance.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Did Nick Fury really lose his eye to a cat scratch? It sounds almost like someone trying to troll people who have not seen it yet.
thats totally true
he's playing with the cat/flurkin thing and it just scratches over his eye, he says its fine, skrullbro says no. later Fury is choosing a new eyeball. its pathetic

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
thats totally true
he's playing with the cat/flurkin thing and it just scratches over his eye, he says its fine, skrullbro says no. later Fury is choosing a new eyeball. its pathetic
Forget GRRRLPWWRRR!! This is the most son I am disappoint thing about the movie.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
This thing pulled in $21M domestically on Thursday, which crushed other Marvel movies (another $44M global). I think much of this is simply tied to a serious thirst for Avengers Endgame hype. ANY movie that was going to serve as a bridge to the end of this phase for Marvel was going to have killer results.

I wagered a Wonder Woman neighborhood of box-office earlier in this thread but I think it's going to make even more serious bank.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This thing pulled in $21M domestically on Thursday, which crushed other Marvel movies (another $44M global). I think much of this is simply tied to a serious thirst for Avengers Endgame hype. ANY movie that was going to serve as a bridge to the end of this phase for Marvel was going to have killer results.

I wagered a Wonder Woman neighborhood of box-office earlier in this thread but I think it's going to make even more serious bank.
yea i don't think anyone doubt'd that cpt Marvel would pull in bank, i'm sure it'd actually come close to infinity war. i mean blacks went apeshit for black panther, but blacks can't really goto movies over and over, but tons of familys have one daughter here or there.

but i can see her ruining end game... she arrives and says "wheres fury", then the Avengers will emo xplain what happened and she'll take charge and Cap will go, "i lead the avengers" and she'll go "wow fury named the team after me, whats your rank?"

cap: "captain"

marvel: "i'm a captain too, and since you all failed, you listen to me now"

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard

spronk

FPS noob
look if you have a wife/gf its far, far, far easier to go see this movie and nod yes when she says its finally time women are represented well in superhero movies (DO NOT ARGUE BACK ABOUT WONDER WOMAN, HARLEY, SCARLET WITCH, CAT WOMAN, ETC ITS A TRAP) than it is to be a fucktard and not get your dick wet

so yeah no big surprise its gonna do huge opening week, question is now how many people will go see it more than once. i saw infinity war 4 times in theaters and will probably see endgame at least that many if its good, i am definitely not gonna see marvel again. its not bad, its just not great.

and yeah the fury eye thing was dumb as hell but there are a ton of small things like that, it reminded me of Solo in how many times they kept going "SEE SEE THIS IS MCU HISTORY EXPLAINED". Fucking millennial writers were influenced too much by the star wars prequels.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Guardians 1 is the only Marvel movie I saw more than once in theaters.

I'll end up watching this agian at some point, I thought it was pretty enjoyable.

• 3Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
look if you have a wife/gf its far, far, far easier to go see this movie and nod yes when she says its finally time women are represented well in superhero movies (DO NOT ARGUE BACK ABOUT WONDER WOMAN, HARLEY, SCARLET WITCH, CAT WOMAN, ETC ITS A TRAP) than it is to be a fucktard and not get your dick wet.

...Jesus I can’t relate to the lives of other men.

Yesterday I sent my wife (home with our 7 month old) a text from work reading, 'hey honey. Happy international buy pink bullshit day!'. She told me to fuck off and said she refused to go on the Internet today, then send a gif of Melania scowling. She then sent me a pic of her tits. I brought home 6 corona and after the kids went to bed, watched tucker, and banged out two highly efficient and effective orgasms and went to bed.

Marital bliss.

We spent no dollars on anti-white male Disney propaganda. I think our sons would appreciate that.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users