Captain Marvel (2019)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
CHecked my webpage to confirm went from 58k reviews to 5200 lol. Disney apparently owns RT. Ill be sticking to Metacritic now for all critic and user reviews.

Because it's believable that it wasn't a brigade issue when its got more reviews in 1 day for a low hype MCU film did than Infinity War has gotten in around a year... /rolleyes

• 1Salty
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I thought this as well, even in AoS - so im curious on the turnabout.

I think because of AoS and GoTG with Ronan they've shown the Kree to be assholes as well. Kree have also had more exposure so it's easier just to segue them into being the badder of the 2. I have a feeling that the Skrulls will still bring some shenanigans in the future though. I mean he wasn't beyond torturing and almost killing Danvers in the first act or so.

Vaclav

Gal Gadot doesn't get enough credit for how well she pulled off WW. She's a perfect example, too, of how someone can be very Liberal, and not tip over into that psycho, hateful end of the progressive kiddy pool. But yeah, Wonder Woman is the only DC movie I own--it was fantastic. And Gadot was charming and kicked ass in it.

The only thing I think when I see Brie is we could have had Emily Blunt. =-/

About that... Yea, GG is psycho... worse than Brie IMO - Gal Gadot Gets Real: 'If You Aren't Feminist, You're Sexist' – Kveller

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
I think because of AoS and GoTG with Ronan they've shown the Kree to be assholes as well. Kree have also had more exposure so it's easier just to segue them into being the badder of the 2. I have a feeling that the Skrulls will still bring some shenanigans in the future though. I mean he wasn't beyond torturing and almost killing Danvers in the first act or so.

By the time GOTG comes around wasn't Ronan off on his own and not officially part of the Kree Empire anymore? Sure the Kree as a whole may have a bunch of militaristic assholes, but the hardline guys like Ronan weren't the norm.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
By the time GOTG comes around wasn't Ronan off on his own and not officially part of the Kree Empire anymore? Sure the Kree as a whole may have a bunch of militaristic assholes, but the hardline guys like Ronan weren't the norm.
Yeah, but the Kree also didn't give a fuck about him trying to destroy Xandar and their newly signed peace treaty.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Okay, so having seen it, Larson does a serviceable job as Captain Marvel, but is a fair way off of being one of those "Oh my God, fucking nailed it" casting choices. The high points of the movie were Fury (and speaking of him, they're getting quite good at that de-aging tech), Skrullboss, and the cat; that Stan Lee tribute was also pretty awesome. Overall, I'd call it a midrange Marvel movie--a fun watch, but nothing that's going to set the world on fire.

• 3Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
fully watched it annett benning is actually blah, jude law could have been better, token black girl, eh. mendleson/talos and fury were the good takeaways.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
This RT trainwreck is still chugging along. I've been refreshing the page periodically watching the meter score go down ever so slowly and the audience score scratching it's way up from the 30's to like 51%. Suddenly the audience review number jumped from like 17k to over 70k and it's back down to 35%. No idea wtf is going on with this shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
No, because he version of feminism just means equality, which she explained. Not even close. I saw this posted earlier, its ridiculous.

But that's not what the click bait title suggests. And nobody thinks about what they read

So your wrong.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
watched it all the way through, there is NO awesome in this movie. Critters 2 i said earlier. yeah still feels like that or a bad version of The Last Starfighter

white girl, black female sidekick, black best friend. white male villain. the callbacks were lame, the cat had one "cool" moment where he consumed all the kree. how Fury lost his eye was fucking STUPID, lame story. no fun was had. was nice seeing Stan Lee one last time or until they start hologramming him for further degradation. end credit scene was the most relevant thing about this. Larson was just a non entity. like nothing about her was anything relatable to a human being. they could replace her with anyone else and it would make no difference. lets hope they do. 3 out of ten.
Raes Raes
you were completely right. nothing of value was gained by watching this.

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Let's delete all the troll reviews that should help the score............................... oops.

04iowy8oczk21.jpg

• 2Like
  • 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I really enjoyed this. It was fun and it had a good pace; I never got bored or felt that it dragged. All the acting was fine and right on par with other mid-upper tier marvel movies.

Lots of great connections to the bigger universe as well.

• 3Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Okay, so having seen it, Larson does a serviceable job as Captain Marvel, but is a fair way off of being one of those "Oh my God, fucking nailed it" casting choices.
She does the job is the right way to say it. She frowns (mostly), she smiles when asked to, but there's about not much spontaneity or personality injected in the job.
The biggest cringe is the neighbor which she thinks is Talos, but the entire scene is completely wrong from the script itself so the blame is shared there.

And of course it does not help she spends quite a lot of screen time opposite Jackson who does Jackson things.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The biggest cringe is the neighbor which she thinks is Talos, but the entire scene is completely wrong from the script itself so the blame is shared there.

Yeah, that was like, going to be funny but wasn't executed well. But it was almost saved by the fact:

Talos is literally right behind her drinking a fucking milkshake. I think the director just didn't get the comedic timing right and Brie didn't give enough of an aggressive enough vibe during that scene. Imagine if she started like pushing him or something and then Rambeau backs her off and turns around there's fucking Thalos with In-N-Out just slurping away. Would've been much better.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
So RT deleted a bunch of negative reviews that should count (3.5 score minimum), including mine. Now I'm gonna have to submit three negative reviews instead of only one (and I actually put some effort into it, and no, i didn't give it 3.5), and vote three times on IMDB as a bonus.
When I see so many morons giving it sub 3.5 score and kicking themselves in the balls, I think aliens should just nuke this planet.

• 1Solidarity

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, that was like, going to be funny but wasn't executed well. But it was almost saved by the fact:

Talos is literally right behind her drinking a fucking milkshake. I think the director just didn't get the comedic timing right and Brie didn't give enough of an aggressive enough vibe during that scene. Imagine if she started like pushing him or something and then Rambeau backs her off and turns around there's fucking Thalos with In-N-Out just slurping away. Would've been much better.

I felt the editing in whole around some of the jokes seemed to be off - Especially early on its like they'd just stay on her face a second or two too long.

Vaclav

So RT deleted a bunch of negative reviews that should count (3.5 score minimum), including mine. Now I'm gonna have to submit three negative reviews instead of only one (and I actually put some effort into it, and no, i didn't give it 3.5), and vote three times on IMDB as a bonus.
When I see so many morons giving it sub 3.5 score and kicking themselves in the balls, I think aliens should just nuke this planet.

If I was deciding on a criteria of when to nuke reviews, 3 logged from the same IP would be a quick way to rule some illegitimate. Just saying... And easy to explain away that way. ("We've changed it to a system that detects things, it should be more representative of one vote per family")

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Took my 5 year old son to watch it. It was a fine middle of the road MCU movie.
They've really supercharged Captain Marvel - looks like she is about god of thunder Thor levels of power.
Her and scarlet witch powers should be somewhat similar I suppose since they both came from the space stone