Car Buying Help

Vinen

God is dead
I am in a situation where I may need to get a car again....

I will write out a situation once insurance comes back to me with the yes or no to fixing the car or not.

but it looks like I may be in 2k below equity and pay that off myself or put it on top of other car loan. probably $12,000 car and make it $14,000 over 5 or 4 years. I will put 2k as downpayment, so that goes down to $12,000 again.

Anyway, hopefully they fix it..fucking rain/hail fucked my vision....

Where you headed out to get a lottery ticket?

Glad you are OK. Still always throws me that car insurance doens't always cover the car in it's entirety assuming a reasonable price was paid.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Where you headed out to get a lottery ticket?

Glad you are OK. Still always throws me that car insurance doens't always cover the car in it's entirety assuming a reasonable price was paid.
I wish I can win a lottety right about now...I've been lazy last three month and decided against part time job but I am working my ass off right now and then this happens.

Shoulda prepped.

Insurance only covers the value of the car. I have an option of gap insurance from the dealer but it is a rip off. Insurance also sells them and way cheaper. Anyway I didnt get gap because I was sure I would drive this car to hell and back.

I may just take out a line of credit as loan since interest is lower than 5%

Last edited by a moderator:

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Hehe sup yo
Have a mustang I've had since hs and need something good in the snow as I just started working sanitation in nyc and I'll need to be able to drive in snow so looking towards something awd/4wd- Also fuck rwd

Been looking at some Certified pre owned cars as they are a lot cheaper than buying new (especially once you start getting away from stock).
Looking in the price range of not going over 25kish. Would probably finance so I dont need to take money out of my stocks in order to buy it outright so maybe like 400~ish a month? Could be less of course

I just started vaguely looking so my post isn't too detailed I know eheheh also Im feelin silly

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Subaru is pretty good when you want all wheel drive. For other brands an option that adds a few thousand to the cost but is standard with Subaru. Worth looking into. I drive a Subaru and love it.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
Subaru is pretty good when you want all wheel drive. For other brands an option that adds a few thousand to the cost but is standard with Subaru. Worth looking into. I drive a Subaru and love it.
Yeah was thinking about them but seems like everything else is pretty basic besides the awd

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I would look into their turbo models so you don't miss the fun throttle punchyness of your Mustang, while gaining AWD. Anything not a WRX or STI from subaru? Standard Jap Econobox or BRZ. You don't want a BRZ.

Other than that, if you're looking to move more into safety and not as much speed? Theres a number of low end SUVs with AWD. Easily found in the 25k range. I personally have a thing for Nissan Jukes as a daily, but thats just me.

You're being just a bit too vague, to provide a solid answer.

Speed--------------------------------Economy

Where do you fall in that above line?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Need to buy a car too. Thinking about either a crv or a rogue but not sure yet.

Buddy has a star wars rogue he'd get me a good deal on but not sure I want a friend to sell me a car.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
I would look into their turbo models so you don't miss the fun throttle punchyness of your Mustang, while gaining AWD. Anything not a WRX or STI from subaru? Standard Jap Econobox or BRZ. You don't want a BRZ.

Other than that, if you're looking to move more into safety and not as much speed? Theres a number of low end SUVs with AWD. Easily found in the 25k range. I personally have a thing for Nissan Jukes as a daily, but thats just me.

You're being just a bit too vague, to provide a solid answer.

Speed--------------------------------Economy

Where do you fall in that above line?
Yeahi know just started looking today so havent really mapped much out.

Been looking at some pre owned certified mercedes with the awd.
Found a lot in the range im looking and thinking i might rather a 2013/4 mercedes than a stock 2017 for the same price.
Of course id like to here opinions on that since im not really to car sauvy. Im aware the upkeep may be a little more but I've always liked them

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
There is nothing more expensive than an old German car. They are nice cars but just be aware of how expensive repairs and stuff like new breaks will be on a Mercedes. I used to drive a BMW 3 series and have sworn off owning a German car ever again.

Calbiyum

Molten Core Raider
There is nothing more expensive than an old German car. They are nice cars but just be aware of how expensive repairs and stuff like new breaks will be on a Mercedes. I used to drive a BMW 3 series and have sworn off owning a German car ever again.
Hmm yeah that may get annoying later on.
Anyone have any experience with Jeeps?

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Some people love jeep patriot. Customers used to tell me "omg they are giving me $8000 off. Why can't you give me anything "

I told them lol get fucked you are buying fiat.