Car Buying Help

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
The lease on the pilots were nice. Like 199/month with 5k down. My wife barely drives but she has 2 kids (and a 3rd soon) so she needs something big. She will not drive a minivan even though it's realistically the best choice. Thanks for the info though I'll look these up.
jesus christ, tie your noodle up

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
The lease on the pilots were nice. Like 199/month with 5k down. My wife barely drives but she has 2 kids (and a 3rd soon) so she needs something big. She will not drive a minivan even though it's realistically the best choice. Thanks for the info though I'll look these up.

Do not put money down on a lease. You dont save anything on payments, you are just pre-paying payments. Spread out the cost of the down payment across all the payments of the lease. And Pilot or Subaru Ascent is probably your best bet for 3 row SUV for your family.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Do not put money down on a lease. You dont save anything on payments, you are just pre-paying payments. Spread out the cost of the down payment across all the payments of the lease. And Pilot or Subaru Ascent is probably your best bet for 3 row SUV for your family.
man that ascent just became available this year, i wouldn't trust the first gen of anything, even if it's a scoobie

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
man that ascent just became available this year, i wouldn't trust the first gen of anything, even if it's a scoobie

I bought the 2015 WRX right when they came out in 2014. Was a new engine and everything for Subaru at the time. Had for 5 years now and no issues. The engine in the ascent is going in the new legacy and probably the new outback as well. Its gotta be pretty solid since they are gonna be putting it in a lot of Subarus.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Sold my zj Jeep a few years ago. Regret the hell out of it.

Need something similar. Don't want to get another zj because I'd always wish it was my old one.

Something that can do off-road stuff. Old enough it's cheap, popular enough parts are common, and upgradeable to do ignorant shit in the mud.

Thinking the really 2000s line of GMC SUVs?

A Nissan Xterra? Or an early 2000 Land Cruiser or 4runner?

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I bought the 2015 WRX right when they came out in 2014. Was a new engine and everything for Subaru at the time. Had for 5 years now and no issues. The engine in the ascent is going in the new legacy and probably the new outback as well. Its gotta be pretty solid since they are gonna be putting it in a lot of Subarus.
2012 impreza, are we 4th gen scoobie bros?

ver_21

Molten Core Raider

Did Subaru cancel turbo availability in the Forester just to charge more for it in the Ascent? That sucks.

Unrelated, I just realized you can get Golf Rs in any color you want now. $2,500. I think it's $4,000 on Audis.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So I'm looking to get a 3-row SUV and am currently looking at Pilots and 4Runners. I mainly want good bluetooth, good climate control, and great reliability. Is there anything else I should be looking at? We have Ford Edge now and like it a lot, but aren't thrilled with the Explorer XLT ratings.

Also, any advise on buying a used mid-size SUV like this? Are there any unique pitfalls not seen in other cars?

Dis Dis TrollfaceDeux TrollfaceDeux

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I'm looking to get a 3-row SUV and am currently looking at Pilots and 4Runners. I mainly want good bluetooth, good climate control, and great reliability. Is there anything else I should be looking at? We have Ford Edge now and like it a lot, but aren't thrilled with the Explorer XLT ratings.

Also, any advise on buying a used mid-size SUV like this? Are there any unique pitfalls not seen in other cars?

Dis Dis TrollfaceDeux TrollfaceDeux

Tahoe, Suburban, Q7, GLS, X7, MDX....there are tons of 3 rows.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Seat Alhambra (VW Sharan) if you don't care for the fake offroad thing these newfangled SUVs have. Up to 7 seats. Sliding doors in the rear. Can get all the bells and whistles if you want to pay for them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user