Car Electronics

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I have a 2015 Kia Soul, I'm thinking about upgrading the generic stereo head unit in it. I'm unlikely to fuck with anything like speakers or anything like that, at least any time soon. I'm more just looking for a unit that's more functional and modern than basically just a stereo.

Really though, I have no idea what's even out there to know what I should be looking for. Anyone have thoughts?

lurker

Vyemm Raider
The Crutchfield suggestion is good. I haven't done anything to my van yet because OCD won't let me live with loosing some of the functionality of my steering wheel controls and dashboard integration of my current OEM radio. That's an issue with some installs.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
85% of my time in the car is using Bluetooth to stream music/podcasts, answer calls. Then maybe 10% using an iPod if I want to hear a certain album/audiobook. Then maybe 5% listening to NPR.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Since all I need is streaming audio over bluetooth and maybe answering the odd call, I put a Pioneer MVH-X380BT in my car a few years ago. It's really basic but does the job well. Got it from Crutchfield and they gave me the dash kit and wiring harness for free along with basic installation instructions.