Car insurance - Pay per mile

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never heard of that before, but it makes sense these days. Heck, I used to drive all week to get to the office or to see clients and now I drive ONE day a week to get groceries. Yet, I'm still paying the same amount for car insurance. If things get close to the way they were before Covid, it might not be a good deal. But, my main concern is their claims paying ability and their power to fight for you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
The big guys offer it too. I ran the numbers with my Allstate agent and unless you hardly drive at all the savings is pretty minimal. I also don't want to be computing in my head every time I take the car out, how much this trip is costing me.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like an annoying lease type thing that would get on my nerves keeping track of miles. The couple hundred a year I might save doesn’t seem like it would be worth the hassle.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The give you one of the devices that plug into the car to track the miles.
Right. Checking that thing then calculating how many miles I have left this month to actually make it cheaper type of tracking is what I meant.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Is this a new ploy to catch retarded drivers. No thanks, I'd rather have the privilege of going 120 down the safe stretches of highway like a true american.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is this a new ploy to catch retarded drivers. No thanks, I'd rather have the privilege of going 120 down the safe stretches of highway like a true american.
I think it’s just companies trying to cash in on a new market due to new behavior. It’s a smart move really and I could see how money conscious people would go for it. I went from driving a couple hundred miles a week to like 10. I don’t drive to work often anymore, and my wife has a company car so we just drive that around town mostly. It would probably save me money in our current situation but I don’t expect it to last long enough for me to really worry about switching insurance. In hindsight this would have been a good move nine months ago but back then it was only supposed to last two weeks.