Car insurance - Pay per mile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never heard of that before, but it makes sense these days. Heck, I used to drive all week to get to the office or to see clients and now I drive ONE day a week to get groceries. Yet, I'm still paying the same amount for car insurance. If things get close to the way they were before Covid, it might not be a good deal. But, my main concern is their claims paying ability and their power to fight for you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
The big guys offer it too. I ran the numbers with my Allstate agent and unless you hardly drive at all the savings is pretty minimal. I also don't want to be computing in my head every time I take the car out, how much this trip is costing me.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like an annoying lease type thing that would get on my nerves keeping track of miles. The couple hundred a year I might save doesn’t seem like it would be worth the hassle.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The give you one of the devices that plug into the car to track the miles.
Right. Checking that thing then calculating how many miles I have left this month to actually make it cheaper type of tracking is what I meant.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Is this a new ploy to catch retarded drivers. No thanks, I'd rather have the privilege of going 120 down the safe stretches of highway like a true american.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is this a new ploy to catch retarded drivers. No thanks, I'd rather have the privilege of going 120 down the safe stretches of highway like a true american.
I think it’s just companies trying to cash in on a new market due to new behavior. It’s a smart move really and I could see how money conscious people would go for it. I went from driving a couple hundred miles a week to like 10. I don’t drive to work often anymore, and my wife has a company car so we just drive that around town mostly. It would probably save me money in our current situation but I don’t expect it to last long enough for me to really worry about switching insurance. In hindsight this would have been a good move nine months ago but back then it was only supposed to last two weeks.