Car Insurance

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Have you shopped around especially since your van/rv status is kinda unique? I know for my supercharged death missile motorcycle, state farm for some reason was a huge chunk less than other companies. Though I'm overdue to recheck rates etc. Had been geico long time b4 that.

Signed up for USAA possibly for a car loan, but now I'm interested in if their rates are any good. ( Kinda think I'd save if I can get everything under one roof again, when we bought our home, there was a smaller place that only insures more expensive homes that was quite a bit cheaper, but with multi line, maybe not)

fred sanford

<Gold Donor>
Have you shopped around especially since your van/rv status is kinda unique? I know for my supercharged death missile motorcycle, state farm for some reason was a huge chunk less than other companies. Though I'm overdue to recheck rates etc. Had been geico long time b4 that.

Signed up for USAA possibly for a car loan, but now I'm interested in if their rates are any good. ( Kinda think I'd save if I can get everything under one roof again, when we bought our home, there was a smaller place that only insures more expensive homes that was quite a bit cheaper, but with multi line, maybe not)
My USAA rates went up this year because of the whole Florida rate hikes. When I shopped around I couldn’t find anything cheaper. They also have really good customer service. I use them for home/auto loans as well.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

We just switched in mid 2021 with the move to Florida (well switch is relative, since we had State Farm in California as well, but new agent and vehicles).

And we didn't go USAA because they apparently third party RV insurance. We may look into them again, as even without bundling the two, it might be cheaper. I mean, we're getting pretty well ass fucked with them bundled, so it's not making much difference.

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So a few nights ago our car was stolen and joy ridden and then in a pursuit the other night.

We don't know if they're going to total it yet or what. Doesanyone have some advice on what to get in order for the up coming claim/ fight?

It was the wife's car and I'd like to get this settled and onto a new car asap cause she's a wreck over it.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
So a few nights ago our car was stolen and joy ridden and then in a pursuit the other night.

We don't know if they're going to total it yet or what. Doesanyone have some advice on what to get in order for the up coming claim/ fight?

It was the wife's car and I'd like to get this settled and onto a new car asap cause she's a wreck over it.
Some good suggestions here. Some you have done already, obviously. Not sure if things like maintenance records, etc have any impact at all but my guess would be, no. I'm iffy on a lawyer, as I think there isn't much value there if the car isn't a collector's item or luxury++ model. Having it stolen, as opposed to getting it wrecked, kinda fucks you. There may also be some type of victims fund you can apply for. Ask the police or call the city.

Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 18-52-41 ChatGPT.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Druss

Trakanon Raider

About 8 or 9 years ago i had, i think All State, they were increasing rates enough for me to start looking, and i decided to check USAA, at the time i was able to triple my coverage for half what i was paying. I was just doing min due to how expensive it was. dont know how it is now but its worth checking.

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wanted to rustle this. Maybe you can at least get your deductable back from a victim's fund but WTF.
Insurance has been real great and if it's totaled we will pay nothing at all for any claim.

If it's to be fixed it'll come out of that victims fund and any claim shouldn't cost anything

Really hoping it's totalled. Selling it is not going to be fun with that on the history. But either way it's going and Hyundai is never getting a penny from this family again.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Insurance has been real great and if it's totaled we will pay nothing at all for any claim.

If it's to be fixed it'll come out of that victims fund and any claim shouldn't cost anything

Really hoping it's totalled. Selling it is not going to be fun with that on the history. But either way it's going and Hyundai is never getting a penny from this family again.
OR A FUCKING KIA

after buying 2 replacement hyundais, progressive said, fuck it

get a toyota rav4 or honda anything

• 1Like

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
More insurance fuckery.

Claim isn't any further than from 4/21 because some slum towlot is playing games with releasing the car.

Makes no sense on why we aren't given an offer since they declared it totaled.

Always some bullshit, will be 2 weeks this Wednesday and it feels like we're not any further than the initial claim.