Car ?'s

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So my company just scored a Fisker contract to do IP and Console for their next gen. I guess they put me on the IP. Was looking over their shit online, does not seem half bad.

Not well enough apparently.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Jumped in the 4Runner this evening to pick up some mulch and lights for the garage I ordered last week. Car hesitates a bit while starting up and I assume the kids left a light on or something. Get to Lowe’s, the light is brought out and the employee says to pull up next to the stacks of mulch so they can load me up. Turn the key, tick tick tick. Dead starter.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Early adopters got screwed, they slashed prices by 25k, are probably weeks from insolvency, and NHTSA is investigating claims of unintended movement.

The Fisker reddit might be home to some of the saltiest people on the planet at the moment.

Yeah, read about the various technical issues they had been having. It's too bad they couldn't get it together. I'd be pissed as an owner too, but that's the risk in buying from a new company like that. I'd guess people don't think about it since there haven't been any really new car companies that weren't a division of an established OEM. Except for smaller companies that don't get to 'mass' production or really shipping product, the newer EV companies are still scraping along. I'd guess Tesla having been successful colors people's perception of the risks.

Siliconemelons

A 38k EV looks nice to me.

They are bigger than the pictures make them look, someone at my kids school has one, must have been a real early adopter as they have had it for about a year - someone also has had the Hummer EV lol - I was surprised how big the Ocean is compared to how big it "seems" in pictures.

Someone will buy it, and that usually comes with warranty and parts supply agreements... not saying that is the best thing- but generally your not completely hosed.

Siliconemelons

I don't know how EV owners in general can fully hate on tesla, if it was not for tesla this EV revival would not have happened.

Heck I have a Mach-E - I dont hate on tesla, I had a Nissan Leaf also...

Tesla has issues, it is not all gumdrops and rainbows - my co worker has a X and had a S and Y - I can go on about shady this that and the other - as with any and all car dealers and companies. But at the end of the day, you wouldn't have had a Fiksar Ocean or Lucid Air to complain about if it wasn't for Tesla.

Wish Fiksar would have gotten the Alaska out... I would have loved to buy a fire sale little EV truck for 25k

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
A 38k EV looks nice to me.

They are bigger than the pictures make them look, someone at my kids school has one, must have been a real early adopter as they have had it for about a year - someone also has had the Hummer EV lol - I was surprised how big the Ocean is compared to how big it "seems" in pictures.

Someone will buy it, and that usually comes with warranty and parts supply agreements... not saying that is the best thing- but generally you’re not completely hosed.
I see a few in my area, it’s a good size for the small suv/cross over. It’s a good looking vehicle IMO, I was preordered at one point.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Early adopters got screwed, they slashed prices by 25k, are probably weeks from insolvency, and NHTSA is investigating claims of unintended movement.

The Fisker reddit might be home to some of the saltiest people on the planet at the moment.

These are the clowns who can't even track payments. Cars have been delivered and checks uncashed and lost, and they don't know who paid for what and by how much. 100% chance of this company going out of business. They don't even make the car, it is contracted out to Magna, so their only job is to cash checks and they can't even handle that.

Bewildering.

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
These are the clowns who can't even track payments. Cars have been delivered and checks uncashed and lost, and they don't know who paid for what and by how much. 100% chance of this company going out of business. They don't even make the car, it is contracted out to Magna, so their only job is to cash checks and they can't even handle that.

Bewildering.
Tax, I saw the payment thing the other day. Pretty crazy.

I don’t have an issue with them contracting the manufacturing, and IIRC the majority of the issues with the car are software based.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Tax, I saw the payment thing the other day. Pretty crazy.

I don’t have an issue with them contracting the manufacturing, and IIRC the majority of the issues with the car are software based.
My point with the contracting was all they had to do is cash checks, and they couldn't get that right.

Software issues and brake issues. Sometimes the brakes work, sometimes they don't. This to me is a showstopper. And safety software vanishing and reappearing and randomly not working at all.

OMG the price cuts are insane. These people are complete children. No wonder the company is going under.

2023 Fisker Ocean TrimPrevious MSRPNew MSRPPrice Difference
Ocean Sport$38,999$24,999-$14,000
Ocean Ultra$52,999$34,999-$18,000
Ocean Extreme$61,499$37,499-$24,000

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
My point with the contracting was all they had to do is cash checks, and they couldn't get that right.

Software issues and brake issues. Sometimes the brakes work, sometimes they don't. This to me is a showstopper. And safety software vanishing and reappearing and randomly not working at all.

OMG the price cuts are insane. These people are complete children. No wonder the company is going under.

2023 Fisker Ocean TrimPrevious MSRPNew MSRPPrice Difference
Ocean Sport$38,999$24,999-$14,000
Ocean Ultra$52,999$34,999-$18,000
Ocean Extreme$61,499$37,499-$24,000
I wonder if their admin/finance people are in house or external contracts. You do see in the news on occasion about companies finding/misplacing money, seems like they just didn’t have (the right?) people in place to actually develop/implement procedures to actually run the business

That statement followed the resignation of two chief accounting officers within a month. “Specifically, there are insufficient controls to ensure that the accounting department is consistently provided with complete and adequate support, documentation and information, and that matters are resolved in a timely and effective manner,” the company wrote at the time.

The brakes/safety stuff are obviously completely unacceptable.

Siliconemelons

How did these goobers actually manage to deliver cars

also lol at their dealers not wanting to accept the price cuts and still just wanting “msrp” and “we don’t authorize the discounts”

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
His initial review with the 1.0 software really hurt the reputation of Fisker. He just released a follow up with the 2.0 software and it still isnt great. It has been really fun following this train wreck. Feel bad for anyone that bought these.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
His initial review with the 1.0 software really hurt the reputation of Fisker. He just released a follow up with the 2.0 software and it still isnt great. It has been really fun following this train wreck. Feel bad for anyone that bought these.

I don’t. Do research. Have common sense. The company was a joke 20 years ago. It’s a joke today.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I don’t. Do research. Have common sense. The company was a joke 20 years ago. It’s a joke today.
7bf4786c-7b1b-4027-ab42-82aed713c2c0_screenshot.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i get to see how horrible this is gonna be
ca5c56e0723f156cd07ee30105e2f4a3.png

also

i have no idea why, but i already have a 32mm socket, wtf who has a 32mm socket just laying around

Fucker

Log Wizard
The only thing they are good at is going out of business.

What the hell is it with all these clowns starting car businesses. Fisker, Rivian, Lucid.

I had a belly laugh when I saw how hard Tesla threw Hertz under the bus with price drops. $250MM vanish into thin air at the drop of a hat.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
i get to see how horrible this is gonna be
ca5c56e0723f156cd07ee30105e2f4a3.png

also

i have no idea why, but i already have a 32mm socket, wtf who has a 32mm socket just laying around
Raises hand. lol work on diesel trucks and you will have up to 40mm.