Car ?'s

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Go to an automotive shop like NAPA, and pick up a fused ground strap. Or actually, get 2 of them, and then clamp them together with a but connector.
et34-500x500.jpg

Then connect the first ringlet to your battery ground. And connect the other end to the car's frame, or even the sheet metal body in the engine compartment. My old VW used to go through lights CONSTANTLY. I've had the car for a little over 2 years, and I've probably had 8 burnt out bulbs of all types. I had both tail lights burn out a day apart. I'm very careful about this, and change them the second I see the dash light kick on. Anyway, I did this new ground thing about 6 months ago and haven't had a single bulb burn out since. It's really been a good decision.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Also possible moisture is just getting into the brake housing, shorting out the bulb. Make sure the rubber is properly sealing the housing or consider picking up a new housing. What year/make/model?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Nice. I like that it folds up into a rolling stool. The rolling stool is one thing I don't have in my shop that I need.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Nice. I like that it folds up into a rolling stool. The rolling stool is one thing I don't have in my shop that I need.
it's still low profile enough that i can slide under, currently i have a basic floor jack that doesn't raise the cars all that high, i'm just holding off for some super harbor frieght coupon for this
a007041ee101d29a57c2da255107e66e.png

it has 2ft of lift!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
fucking hell, i'm just buying tools and tools
Ryobi P261 18 Volt One+ 3-Speed 1/2 Inch Cordless Impact Wrench w/ 300 Foot Pounds of Torque
its time to rotate tires, time to stop being a lazy asshole and let tools do the job for me instead of a breaker bar (this is the only ryobi impact wrench)

along w/ that got a EPAuto 1/2-inch Drive Click Torque Wrench it was a lightning deal and i have a torque calibrator, but it really adds so much length its unreasonable to even try to torque from underneath (last time i couldn't torque my front diff well cuz of it), so whatever it was only 20bucks.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm wondering how Sears shuttering is going to affect Craftsmen. It's the only shit I buy.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I shop at menards so i rarely goto Home Depot, but one thing i found awesome is the hand sprayer HDX
47942b4dde0234bddd0176837e4769cc.png

I think it's the kind pros use, 100x better than the flip tab stuff you get from windex. i have a few bottles that i just label.
(like i found cornstarch vinegar water works really well)

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
bought a car creeper
s-l300.jpg

no more cardboard for me!

Its too late for you unless you want to buy more stuff but a creeper is always great for creeper type jobs. So when that fails just buy a real one then buy a one of these mobile chairs with a base of bins and or an extra side bin. The normal nice chair will be about 100 bucks but it will last. Anything that folds is pure shit and will only break or not work correctly.
20190112_165713.jpg

The real creeper that youll use the rest of your life will be like 100 bucks. After that get some moving pads/blankets. Youll save time and money.

But seriously for anyone, go find some used moving blankets and just use that. Using cardboard sucks dick. You try to move your butt over and everything flys away from your reach.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Its too late for you unless you want to buy more stuff but a creeper is always great for creeper type jobs. So when that fails just buy a real one then buy a one of these mobile chairs with a base of bins and or an extra side bin. The normal nice chair will be about 100 bucks but it will last. Anything that folds is pure shit and will only break or not work correctly.
View attachment 189432

The real creeper that youll use the rest of your life will be like 100 bucks. After that get some moving pads/blankets. Youll save time and money.

But seriously for anyone, go find some used moving blankets and just use that. Using cardboard sucks dick. You try to move your butt over and everything flys away from your reach.
yea i especially got the creeper cuz it was also my first time using a saw for some shelves, so i got saw dust all over the floors, works out now, i just push it out the garage, it happens to be snowing.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
yea i especially got the creeper cuz it was also my first time using a saw for some shelves, so i got saw dust all over the floors, works out now, i just push it out the garage, it happens to be snowing.

Its never nice out when you NEED to work on a car. A 1/4 inch of cardboard aint fucking helping. Best case scenario is cardboard then a moving mat while a gallon of car juice runs down your arm while you try to find that socket you just used.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
No matter how long you're underneath a car, the dirt never stops falling in your eyes.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The clear coat at the back of the roof of my Honda Ridgeline is flaking off. I’m fairly handy, so I did a cursory search on how to repair it DIY style, but this looks like a lot of effort and easy to make it look awful.

Anybody got any experience and advice on fixing a flaking clear coat?

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
It only gets worse. The more you have, the more you want. I just embrace it.

I have the Makita version of that and I love it for changing tires.

gallery-1506429411-pressha.jpg
Lacking Festo / Festool but they are mighty expensive, business grade stuff though.