<Gold Donor>
No thanks EV

1687914024037.jpeg

😘

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
How are people buying vehicles today, fucking insane. My wife’s Jeep is paid off, she doesn’t want anything special she just wants a vehicle with all the bells and whistles and they recently redesigned the Trax and she likes it because fully loaded it’s cheap at like 26 or 28k. We’ve been offered 18k trade in for the Jeep Cherokee, so after TTL only financing 10k over 24 months they want 8.2% interest with credit scores of 790 786 and 773 $452 a month.

We both agreed fuck them and their interests rates, this isn’t a need it’s a want. Jeep still under warranty (38k miles) and only 3 years old. We’ve decided to just wait, it’s insane.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
How are people buying vehicles today, fucking insane. My wife’s Jeep is paid off, she doesn’t want anything special she just wants a vehicle with all the bells and whistles and they recently redesigned the Trax and she likes it because fully loaded it’s cheap at like 26 or 28k. We’ve been offered 18k trade in for the Jeep Cherokee, so after TTL only financing 10k over 24 months they want 8.2% interest with credit scores of 790 786 and 773 $452 a month.

We both agreed fuck them and their interests rates, this isn’t a need it’s a want. Jeep still under warranty (38k miles) and only 3 years old. We’ve decided to just wait, it’s insane.

Its retarded. Was over at my wife's relatives for the 4th of July party and they were showing me the new truck they bought. F-150 Lariat for $75K. Did the math when I got home and its a $1400 monthly payment. Its a great truck, but its still a mid level truck.

I just paid my car off last week so Ill be driving that into the dirt for the next few years but I wanted a truck to tow a travel trailer next year. But I cant justify spending $40-50K so I can tow 10,000 lbs instead of 3500

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You don't have to pay interest to buy a car. If you just save up for your next car instead of making payments on the one you already have you can save a lot of money, especially now. In addition, I think actually having the money in your bank account makes you less likely to overspend. Upgrading to the fancy chrome and leather package is harder to do when you actually have to hand over the $10,000 that it costs vs. "It's just an extra $100 a month".

Last edited:

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

either pay cash or wait. It sucks right now to get a lot of things. OR, if you had to finance, just go in knowing the rate will be garbage for a couple of years and you can refinance back down. Hopefully.

Fucker

Log Wizard

How much will the Jeep depreciate in the coming years? That's the only downside of waiting.

What's crazy are truck prices. $60k for F150 with nothing on it. Ford gonna be fucked when the economy shits itself.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider

Even with cash you're paying 10k to get a likely worse vehicle. On top of the typical rolling dumpster fire of problems that you'd expect from any new model GM economy car, it's awfully big for an untested GM turbo 1.2L 3 cylinder.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You don't have to pay interest to buy a car. If you just save up for your next car instead of making payments on the one you already have you can save a lot of money, especially now. In addition, I think actually having the money in your bank account makes you less likely to overspend. Upgrading to the fancy chrome and leather package is harder to do when you actually have to hand over the $10,000 that it costs vs. "It's just an extra $100 a month".

How much of your farm equipment is bought with loans?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I have the cash to just buy it, hell I have the cash to buy it without trading in the Jeep but it’s like you said it’s harder to hand over the cash than just paying $450 a month for 2 years but that interest rate for someone with the credit I have is infuriating and confuses the fuck out of me how people who are worse off than me are actually able to afford a new vehicle.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Even with cash you're paying 10k to get a likely worse vehicle. On top of the typical rolling dumpster fire of problems that you'd expect from any new model GM economy car, it's awfully big for an untested GM turbo 1.2L 3 cylinder.
Yeah. best option always Toyota or Honda. GF sold her 5 y/o Honda for a little less than what she paid for it. Basically drove it almost for free for 5 years. Similar Ford or Chevrolet lost 50% of value in the same time.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
untested GM turbo 1.2L 3 cylinder
Crazy how small these engines are getting. Ford's eco-boost engine for the Fiesta/Focus is a 1.0L 3 cylinder and supposedly the engine footprint is the size of a piece of A4 printer paper. I love the 3.5L eco-boost in my F-150 though. Sometimes it seems like it pulls better than the 6.3L V8 in the F-350.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
How much of your farm equipment is bought with loans?
None of it. I don't use operating money either. It's not hard if you have a little discipline. It's cheaper than borrowing money.

• 1Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
This is what I really don’t know anything about, I hear people trash one car company or another but of all the new vehicles I’ve owned, Chevy Ford or Ram/Jeep I’ve never had issues with them and I usually keep vehicles 10 years or so. The worst issue I’ve ever had is I hate that shit on the Jeep where the vehicle turns off while stopped, pisses me off to no end my wife just got so used to it she turns it off the moment she starts the vehicle but I don’t drive it enough to remember to do it then get honked at when taking off from a stop light.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Long notes and staggering interest rates. Car manufacturers depend on the inability of most people to do math.
Last vehicle I financed was 2.4%, if you wanted to finance the vehicle she was looking at full price over 4 years you’re looking at nearly $650 a month. That’s fucking lunacy, Araysar talking about $1400 a month for a truck that’s nearly a mortgage. These prices and interest rates can’t hold, make it make sense.