Car ?'s

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can try rubbing it out with polish, if it goes away but comes back it's definitely clear coat damage. I'd just take it to dealer if it's only that trim piece, they will probably fix it under warranty if the car is so new. Clear coat on the "air breather" trim on my 5 sucked too but I had the chrome version so it wasn't as noticable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So my company just scored a Fisker contract to do IP and Console for their next gen. I guess they put me on the IP. Was looking over their shit online, does not seem half bad.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nissand are good, they have good power plants. The 3.8s are known to be pretty reliable. I just hate their styling. Its like over the years they keep getting uglier, lol.

Siliconemelons

I like the outside of the frontier but the inside… nissan please!

didn’t we have a board member that made Nissan interiors?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah me, just the IPs and consoles though. And no, we dont do the styling, that comes from the Nissan studio in California. So if it looks like shit its not our fault. Right now im working on some Nissan SUV for Brazil. Nissan Kicks for 2025 Refresh with top half of the IP brand new.

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
2023 Nissan Frontier. Buy/Not Buy?
As already mentioned the engine is pretty reliable, albeit a bit of a pig. You won't really be doing much better than a half ton pickup (potentially worse). The turning radius is surprisingly bad too. I'd say some half tons probably could outmaneuver it. Checking some forums, they added start/stop mid model year, so, if you can find one before they added that, you're in better shape. I actually like the styling, even if it's a bit busy.

If you're set on a mid-size, I like it better than the Tacoma and Ranger. I prefer the Honda Ridgeline. Haven't driven the Gladiator or Colorado enough to have an opinion.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So my company just scored a Fisker contract to do IP and Console for their next gen. I guess they put me on the IP. Was looking over their shit online, does not seem half bad.

I’m a fan in general, was considering an Ocean for a bit, but need a little more space for kids + aging in laws

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Found a $47k Tundra that has all the things I want. It is 2WD drive though. But I don't think I particularly care as my current car is 2WD and I've never needed anything else.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Found a $47k Tundra that has all the things I want. It is 2WD drive though. But I don't think I particularly care as my current car is 2WD and I've never needed anything else.
Man I dunno, I can't bring myself to buy a 2wd pickup ever. At least a couple times a year dumb people do dumb things and I need 4x4 to not get stuck. I don't do recreational off roading in it but I like having a vehicle that basically isn't getting stuck in any weather.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Man I dunno, I can't bring myself to buy a 2wd pickup ever. At least a couple times a year dumb people do dumb things and I need 4x4 to not get stuck. I don't do recreational off roading in it but I like having a vehicle that basically isn't getting stuck in any weather.

But that hasn't happened in 10 years with my current car and it doesn't really snow here or anything either.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
But that hasn't happened in 10 years with my current car and it doesn't really snow here or anything either.
Yeah I suppose historically the decently equipped ones all came with 4x4 anyway.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
At a minimum need a bunch of sand bags for any winter driving, if you ever go in a muddy field etc youll regret it. But ya if in SOCAL or whatever probably fine, just in my head I'd be worried about the what ifs'.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
At a minimum need a bunch of sand bags for any winter driving, if you ever go in a muddy field etc youll regret it. But ya if in SOCAL or whatever probably fine, just in my head I'd be worried about the what ifs'.

Sure I think that is reasonable. But here in Austin area I've never had one of these what if scenarios in a decade with my current car.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
A 2WD pickup has way worse traction than a front wheel drive car. That said, if it never snows, it's probably not a terrible idea like it would be here.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sure I think that is reasonable. But here in Austin area I've never had one of these what if scenarios in a decade with my current car.
I can't see needing 4wd in Austin, unless you like to risk a ticket and portage over the side of the highway (make your own exit) when stuck in heavy traffic. Austin's bridges freeze over once every 10 years or so (?), and when things freeze in Texas, everything shuts down anyway. Four wheel drive isn't going to save you from a dumbfuck going 80 onto an overpass and mashing the breaks into a skid in that situation either.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i towed a truck out of the snow in jersey w/ my subbie, i'm sure the truck was a 2wd

now i don't even know where i put my tow strap

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
4wd would just be a waste of money in your case. As a bonus you'd get less fuel mileage and eventually need extra repairs from never using it.

A 2WD pickup has way worse traction than a front wheel drive car.
RWD is generally more traction than front wheel drive, due to weight shift and almost all front wheel drive cars having an open differential. What you're thinking of is how fwd cars can't fishtail or spin from accelerating over snow/ice.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
RWD is generally more traction than front wheel drive, due to weight shift and almost all front wheel drive cars having an open differential. What you're thinking of is how fwd cars can't fishtail or spin from accelerating over snow/ice.
Sure. Weight distribution too, since pickups have most of the weight toward the front if the bed is empty. Anyway you're better off driving a front wheel drive car on ice than a 2WD pickup for sure. Maybe even better than a 4WD pickup. Pickups are also pretty terrible aerodynamically. I don't know if it's true but I've heard that in the 70's some Ford pickups only had a few pounds of down pressure on the wheels at 80mph because their aerodynamics made them want to fly.