Car ?'s

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Have any of you ever sold a car on Craigslist/Autotrader or anything like that? If so, please regale me with your experience.
First time. Posted lots of pics. Got a bunch of dumb people/scams immediately but a few people generally interested. Met first dude at local shopping plaza parking lot did test drive, agreed on price and shook on it. Guy wanted to finance I said fine, give me $200 deposit and I gave him receipt and signed sales contract. Met at the guys bank 2 days later and they did all the paperwork, I signed title transfer to loan officer and handed over the keys for the cashier's check.

Second time. Same thing, but straight cash no waiting, went to DMV together and signed title transfer at counter for the cashier's check (I did call bank to verify authenticity). Did a sales contact as well just to have details/name/phone/evidence just in case.

Ez, but lots of dumbs I just ignored (including anyone who couldn't speak English).

Burns

Have any of you ever sold a car on Craigslist/Autotrader or anything like that? If so, please regale me with your experience.
I thought Craigslist was not in fashion anymore. People have mentioned, earlier in this thread, that most everyone moved to something else, Facebook maybe(?), since it's a bit easier to verify who you are talking with.

I forgot what you are selling, but if available, you could take a peek at an enthusiast forum for your make/model. Almost all of them have a For Sale section and you usually get less bullshit through them, if you price it right. You can never have too many pictures.

I've never actually sold a running car though, as I drive them until they die (get wrecked).

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I have, I didn't find it any different than selling it on autotrader back in the day. Probably get more idiots with craigslist, but there were always idiots.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I bought my last pickup on Craigslist. Went to the guy's house, he let me take it for a test drive, asked lots of questions etc. We agreed on a price and I came back a couple of days later with a cashier's check and he signed over the title. Piece of cake.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Bordering on 20 years ago, but yes, Craigslist. Told the buyer to bring cash and met in the parking lot of the nearest police station. Worked out fine.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
1698590898321.png

I'm still really enjoying this.

Somehow they still hosting this pic.

Siliconemelons

lol send that to ford corporate they will tell the dealer to cut it out, they intervened a ton w mach-e and lightning shinannigans

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
lol send that to ford corporate they will tell the dealer to cut it out, they intervened a ton w mach-e and lightning shinannigans
They talked big about that but I havnt seen much in the way of action. Every dealer in this state still selling mavericks for line 10k over.

Siliconemelons

They talked big about that but I havnt seen much in the way of action. Every dealer in this state still selling mavericks for line 10k over.

Yeah, usually you have to name and shame them on X/Twitter and spam tag Ford... dealing with the Mach-e nonsense that is where people saw the most positive movement.

MSRP is dumb, paying over that is ultra dumb.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, usually you have to name and shame them on X/Twitter and spam tag Ford... dealing with the Mach-e nonsense that is where people saw the most positive movement.

MSRP is dumb, paying over that is ultra dumb.
And sadly that was probably more because they are trying to ensure success of their EV start up

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
why are these faggots in the state w/ the most sun, w/ the best solar tax credits charging at a best buy?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
why are these faggots in the state w/ the most sun, w/ the best solar tax credits charging at a best buy?

Oh yeah,

That just excites me and makes me want to go right out and get an electric...anything.