Car ?'s

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah,

That just excites me and makes me want to go right out and get an electric...anything.
I had to wait 4 minutes once to top off before heading home from Legoland with the kids. It was pretty rough.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
would you ever?

I did that once. 6 foot cheater and I bounced up and down on it until it sheared off a 3/4" socket extension. When those truck tires have been on for many years they can get really hard to get off. I finally had to heat it up with a torch.

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
Trooooooon.
She talks like a toddler. Incredibly annoying. And yeah, she looks like a tranny.

LOL@ this Jeep. $92k. 2 piston front brakes, 3500lb towing, weighs almost 5300 LBS. What are their engineers doing? My Tundra weighs 5600lbs and can tow 10,000 lbs. 2 piston caliper front brakes...right off of a FIAT. Iron block...how 1960. This thing would be a rip off at $50k. $92k? LOLOLOL.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
She talks like a toddler. Incredibly annoying. And yeah, she looks like a tranny.

LOL@ this Jeep. $92k. 2 piston front brakes, 3500lb towing, weighs almost 5300 LBS. What are their engineers doing? My Tundra weighs 5600lbs and can tow 10,000 lbs. 2 piston caliper front brakes...right off of a FIAT. Iron block...how 1960. This thing would be a rip off at $50k. $92k? LOLOLOL.
looks? is

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
We have a 2011 jeep wrangler sport 5 speed hardtop which was a hand me down from my wifes dad (RIP). He still had the sticker in the glove box which says it was like $21K back in 2011. It has a 3.9 or 4.0 L 6 banger. These things are weird, because they are like collectors things or something. They hold their value really fucking well because people just like to fuck around with them with all the millions of aftermarket shit they make for them. Ours has like 61K miles on it and last time I went to get oil change this summer the dude laughed at me because we only put like 600 miles on it since like 2020. we just rarely drive it because its a stick and a pain in the ass to drive. Sticks were cool back when you were like 18 or 20 and had some sort of sports car, but now? Fuck I just want to sip on my coffee in the morning not shift every god damn minute driving in the city.

That being said I would never buy one. The suspension is ass, too fucking bumpy and kind of sloppy but this might be the aftermarket wheels. it already had break issues (drum emergency break in the back) I had to replace one of the wheel speed sensors already when the thing went all wonky one day. It has some minor leakage coming from the hard top. And I guess it was cool one summer when we took the top off and cruised around in it, but the fucking top is so huge we had a hard time storing the thing in the garage. took up too much room. But if you look at the prices of these things, I could probably get like a few grand more than the old man paid for it back in the day used. It does have some aftermarket huge 32" wheels and front and rr bumper was replaced with a nice aftermarket metal ones. the wife just does not want to get rid of the thing because its sentimental or whatever.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
20231212_203417.jpg

This is an ad, right?

Been getting these official-looking "your warranty needs to be re-upped" mails for like 3 years now and they're always hyperventilating that my warranty is about to run out.

The car is a 2017 and I believe the factory warranty ran out in 2020, so they were on the ball in sending me these as soon as that ended. They have my VIN number and make/model on here and everything.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, they send them to everyone. There must be some kind of database with addresses of everyone who owns a car that they can buy because they know the make and year of your car but nothing else about you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, they send them to everyone. There must be some kind of database with addresses of everyone who owns a car that they can buy because they know the make and year of your car but nothing else about you.
There is, I’m blanking on the name. When I worked adjacent to the sales department at Xerox we’d grab the data quarterly to keep track of when to hit up the customers of our competitors based on how long it had been since their lease/purchase.

Pretty sure we got the info from Dunn & Bradstreet, but the source is actually various state/national DBs

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
That you even had to ask is fucking horrifying and a good example of why they still profit off the 1 in 100 sucker.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That you even had to ask is fucking horrifying and a good example of why they still profit off the 1 in 100 sucker.

I wasn't going "DOYYYY, is this real??"

I was about 99.9% sure it was an ad and making sure I wasn't missing anything, so fuck off!

It reminds me of all those "medicare" things they send to senior citizens telling them that they need to call a particular number to re-up their coverage. They make it look official and somehow know a lot about the person. Shit like this should be illegal.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
2020 CX5 with the bigger turbo 4. Wifes car I guess has started rough idling, idling high. Only like 50-60k miles. Work commute is long enough it's not some kind of unhappy over a lot of 1 mile trips. Air filter was pretty dirty and swapped that. Not sure where to start w/ self diagnosing on a more modern car, battery was tested for hell of it by the auto store. I havn't actually gotten my hands on it yet myself to observe.

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
2020 CX5 with the bigger turbo 4. Wifes car I guess has started rough idling, idling high. Only like 50-60k miles. Work commute is long enough it's not some kind of unhappy over a lot of 1 mile trips. Air filter was pretty dirty and swapped that. Not sure where to start w/ self diagnosing on a more modern car, battery was tested for hell of it by the auto store. I havn't actually gotten my hands on it yet myself to observe.
I'd say default first step is to read DTCs. It's extremely easy and zero risk. I like Bluedriver since it'll read from every module in the vehicle for about 100 bucks, but in this case probably isn't necessary since you're diagnosing powertrain. You can buy a cheap Autel dongle or an ELM327 clone and use the Torque app for around 20 bucks. Or you can scan for free with a loaner code reader at most auto parts chains. If you're lucky, you'll see some current or past DTC that could clue you in on a potential root cause like a pending dtc for a misfire.

First thought would be spark plugs - a lazy Google search appears to show a service interval of 40k miles for replacement on the turbo variant (yeesh).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users