Car ?'s

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ehh everyone says they are slow... I am not in the market for a performance SUV lol - but if so, many seem to love the F-Pace

Everyone I personally have known with MB-Tex has had it crap out and peel within a few years.

The pre-refresh current Mercedes interior style I do like - I do not like the huge bezel pop out "iPad" screen that is the trend, I liked when it was inset.

The XC90, 60 and even 40 are THE most comfortable to sit in @ 6 foot - 8 and "wide" - the mid size GLE? Is okay and the GLC? The 3 row one (I know the mid just got a 3rd row option) not the big Kardashian box 150k one (bleh) - but the 3rd row one is comfy, about the same as the XC90.

I like the Volvo simplistic and elegant interior and real wood - I hate audi design and vw as well.. BMW's swooping center dash is always a huge pain in my leg and always is in my way of where I sit and put my leg.

My wife has a Infiniti QX60 that she drives the kids in and I drive it whenever we go places and we don't want to all cram in the leaf (no gas!)

Lexus and Toyota interiors and comfort never impressed me - Hondas are okay, we had a civic that was a tank a great little car. The last Acura MDX I tried the on/off ignition button protruded out from the dash and stuck me right where I rested my knee/leg... arghhh

I do like the Mazda CX9 and the real wood trim, the plastic it has instead on lower trims is nasty - i.e it sounds bad when you flick it.... But comfort in the 9 is eh, the new cx5 actually has more room for me as a driver- but does not offer (I don't think) the high level and wood trims.

I like wood trim- I love the Mercedes large wood wrap in the G line ups - but I am "old" as the new trends are all going to "fancy" synthetics vs "old person wood" trims.

Had to find my wife's qx60 with the wood vs the odd carbon fiber crap they switched to on the refresh, pre refresh the base was fake Grey buried wood- much nicer than the stupid printed fiber weave that they replaced it with.

The CX-5 Signature has wood interior I believe. My GTR has faux wood and it was one of only a couple of differences between that and the Signature (some type of leather, 360 View cam, rimless rear view). Have about 2k miles on my 5 and love it. But they’re coming out with a new CX isn’t a 5.5, something like 45 maybe? With a few updates.

Siliconemelons

The CX-5 Signature has wood interior I believe. My GTR has faux wood and it was one of only a couple of differences between that and the Signature (some type of leather, 360 View cam, rimless rear view). Have about 2k miles on my 5 and love it. But they’re coming out with a new CX isn’t a 5.5, something like 45 maybe? With a few updates.

?? This guy ??

Looks like it's a twin turba diesel - so that is cool.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Real wood is super expensive to do on interior parts. Because so many rejects in the molding process where it splits and shit. We did a few parts for infinity (Nissan) and they were literally like $35-40 a piece where standard mold in faux wood film or any other film the same part would be like $1-$3. the wood pieces also have shape limitations because the veneer cannot bend in tight corners and radii.

Siliconemelons

Real wood is super expensive to do on interior parts. Because so many rejects in the molding process where it splits and shit. We did a few parts for infinity (Nissan) and they were literally like $35-40 a piece where standard mold in faux wood film or any other film the same part would be like $1-$3. the wood pieces also have shape limitations because the veneer cannot bend in tight corners and radii.

Yeah my QX60 is to have "real wood" - it had to be the completely loaded model with the wife wanting DVD etc. We did get it used, new the damn thing was over 60k.

I think only the part that is the "radio and cd" area is - "real" wood the rest is really nice fake stuff - you can tell by feel and heat retention, real wood is just different.

Here is a pic of me in my wife's car - and how I "fit" lol... getting a nice fitting car is a challenge.

IMG_20190501_0746130.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ok, I need to rant.

Been working on my MY00 Impreza WRX Bugeye that's been off the road for a year. The alternator drive belt had a nick in the side of it, so I decided to replace it. Checked the belt for numbers and it's clearly marked as 5PK875. Take the belt off and it's fucked. There's a bunch of belt missing completely and there's a split in it. The alternator pulley actually has belt ribs still stuck to it, so I get in there with a screwdriver and clean it out then finish up with a Dremel wirebrush disc to clean up the pulleys.

Buy a new 5PK875 belt.

Fucker will not fit. FML.
i saw my friends old outback, his belts tensioner had vertical and horizontal bolt to adjust the tension, did you use both? (my impreza just has a tension pully you have to hulk smash and pull back with the power of odin)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL thats the one right there! I worked on that POS! I also designed the "PAD-B" which is the soft pad on the IP on the passenger side and did extensive work on the Instrument Panel Substrate, which everything mounts to.

The next one was the non infinity version I worked on, the pathfinder. We did those two back to back. Yours was called the P42J, and the Pathfinder was the P42K.

Right now im designing the substrate for the new Nissan Frontier. Its getting an 8" flat screen from the titan and also the titan Meter cluster. Both of which were a bitch to package because the Frontier is roughly 400mm narrower than the Titan full size IP.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
LOL thats the one right there! I worked on that POS! I also designed the "PAD-B" which is the soft pad on the IP on the passenger side and did extensive work on the Instrument Panel Substrate, which everything mounts to.

The next one was the non infinity version I worked on, the pathfinder. We did those two back to back. Yours was called the P42J, and the Pathfinder was the P42K.
did you also design the steering wheel to crush a mans balls?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah probably mexico, most of the shit is built in Mexico for Nissan USA. They do have a plant in Tenn though.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
i saw my friends old outback, his belts tensioner had vertical and horizontal bolt to adjust the tension, did you use both? (my impreza just has a tension pully you have to hulk smash and pull back with the power of odin)
Hrm. Outbacks are generally 2.5L engines, my WRX is a 2.0L EJ205. As such, the only tensioner on the alternator belt is the alternator bracket. Locking nut on the bottom, and the top 12mm bolt that is the actual tensioner that pulls the alternator up. Now, I've obviously got that as loose as possible and the alternator bottoms out on the metal bracket that holds the powersteering pump. Unless there's something else I've missed, I think I'd have to get a bigger drive belt, like a 885.

After putting the old belt and the new belt together, they are vastly different sizes, probably close to 10mm, at least.

There is another tensioner not related to the alternator drive belt on the other drive belt which runs the AC.

Siliconemelons

did you also design the steering wheel to crush a mans balls?
No steering wheel is some other supplier. We only do IP and Console where I work.

LOL again, I am 6 foot 8 and "big"

I don't "properly fit" in anything lol.

mkopec mkopec nice work, I do like the consoles wood even if I don't know what else you were saying ;)

Glad they are FINALLY updating the Frontier - that poor truck is so out classed by its rivals it's not even funny... but, as a "truck" - "truck" it is great and you can find some damn nice deals on them!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its not a full update, just a refresh for 21' They are just updating trim and interior, sheet metal stays the same.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
LOL again, I am 6 foot 8 and "big"

I don't "properly fit" in anything lol.

mkopec mkopec nice work, I do like the consoles wood even if I don't know what else you were saying ;)

Glad they are FINALLY updating the Frontier - that poor truck is so out classed by its rivals it's not even funny... but, as a "truck" - "truck" it is great and you can find some damn nice deals on them!
don't you gigantors just buy a truck and call it day? ball crushing averted

Siliconemelons

No, I fit in a F-150 worse than the qx60. It really comes down to, for me, the center console and how my leg rests against it. Trucks now days tend to have huge big center consoles that take up all their space- the "sitting" area for vehicles is almost always in general the sameish.

When I first stopped in to check out Volvo's the sales guy is like "you will fit fine, the Sweeds are a tall people and make their cars roomy" I was like "yes, but they are not a 'big' people." Yet... even the small Volvo SUV fits very well, the xc90 is awesome - the only other car that gives me that much room is the 3 row mercedes.

I fit the infiniti qx60 better than the qx80 and the same as the new qx50 but not the old qx50 ick!

It is really annoying...

Oh my daily driver is a 2012 Nissan Leaf... the qx is my wifes

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
No, I fit in a F-150 worse than the qx60. It really comes down to, for me, the center console and how my leg rests against it. Trucks now days tend to have huge big center consoles that take up all their space- the "sitting" area for vehicles is almost always in general the sameish.

When I first stopped in to check out Volvo's the sales guy is like "you will fit fine, the Sweeds are a tall people and make their cars roomy" I was like "yes, but they are not a 'big' people." Yet... even the small Volvo SUV fits very well, the xc90 is awesome - the only other car that gives me that much room is the 3 row mercedes.

I fit the infiniti qx60 better than the qx80 and the same as the new qx50 but not the old qx50 ick!

It is really annoying...

Oh my daily driver is a 2012 Nissan Leaf... the qx is my wifes
do these lists help?

here, i save'd you the trouble of clicking 33x!!!
29 Best Cars for Tall People
  • 29) 2018 Kia Optima - Headroom: 39.8 in
  • 27) 2018 Ford Escape (tie) - Headroom: 39.9 in
  • 27) 2018 Chevrolet Impala (tie) - Headroom: 39.9 in
  • 24) 2018 Land Rover Discovery (tie) - Headroom: 40 in
  • 24) 2018 Subaru Legacy (tie) - Headroom: 40 in
  • 24) 2018 Nissan Altima (tie) - Headroom: 40 in
  • 22) 2018 Kia Cadenza (tie) - Headroom: 40.2 in
  • 22) 2018 Cadillac CT6 (tie) - Headroom: 40.2 in
  • 21) 2018 Hyundai Sonata - Headroom: 40.4 in
  • 20) 2018 Toyota Highlander - Headroom: 40.7 in
  • 19) 2018 Subaru Outback (tie) - Headroom: 40.8 in
  • 18) 2018 Ford F-150 (tie) - Headroom: 40.8 in
  • 17) 2018 Ford C-Max Hybrid - Headroom: 41 in
  • 15) 2018 Genesis G80 (tie) - Headroom: 41.1 in
  • 15) 2018 Genesis G90 (tie) - Headroom: 41.1 in
  • 11) 2018 Ford Explorer (tie) - Headroom: 41.4 in
  • 11) 2018 Subaru Forester (tie) - Headroom: 41.4 in
  • 11) 2018 GMC Canyon (tie) - Headroom: 41.4 in
  • 11) 2018 Chevrolet Colorado (tie) - Headroom: 41.4 in
  • 10) 2018 Nissan Rogue - Headroom: 41.6 in
  • 9) 2018 Ford Flex - Headroom: 41.8 in
  • 8) 2018 Ford Expedition - Headroom: 42 in
  • 5) 2018 Mercedes-Benz G-Class (tie) - Headroom: 42.4 in
  • 5) 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (tie) - Headroom: 42.4 in
  • 5) 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 (tie) - Headroom: 42.4 in
  • 1) 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe (tie) - Headroom: 42.8 in
  • 1) 2018 Chevrolet Suburban (tie) - Headroom: 42.8 in
  • 1) 2018 GMC Yukon (tie) - Headroom: 42.8 in
  • 1) 2018 Cadillac Escalade (tie) - Headroom: 42.8 in

fucking shitty ass "next" page websites
https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/best-cars-for-tall-people

seems like legroom would be the best measurement for you gigantors

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ohhh THIS guy

Odd - they are making a new CX line when the 3 is fairly new and the 5 and 9 where recently new generations.

Yeah that is the one. Believe it is marginally bigger than the CX-5, like .75” or something? With a couple other exterior changes. The CX-3 was tiny, like smaller than the Mazda 3 tiny.

Apparently there was some issue with there being a CX-4 in China so they couldn’t use that and didn’t want to go with the .5 like the one they did with the Mazda6 a few years back. So settled on a double digit name.

Siliconemelons

do these lists help?

here, i save'd you the trouble of clicking 33x!!!

fucking shitty ass "next" page websites
https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/best-cars-for-tall-people

seems like legroom would be the best measurement for you gigantors

Yeah it is odd, it is all measurement really. And they list the Rogue as good, I had a 1st Gen one and it was okay - I drove it until the leaf - the 2nd Gen / current rogue however I don't fit well because of the dash, same with the murano.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Hey all, I want a fun, 2 seater convertible. Something for the weekends, sunny rides, etc. It will not be a daily driver (I have a truck.) I'd like to keep it under 40,000. I'm totally fine with used and think it's better value

Thoughts
1. A used Porsche boxster
2. Used Jag F type
3. BMW has that new Z4 but prob not much on the used market
4. Miata?? Honest question, is that gay?