Car ?'s

Sledge

Vyemm Raider
1,205
3,082
Not sure what thread this belongs in, so if it needs to be moved, that's fine.

I was going to buy a Kawasaki KRX side by side about 5 years ago but decided to wait for who knows what reason. I'm about 50yrs old so I probably would've only used about 40% of it's capability anyway. The less aggressive models are getting more popular and can be had with A/C, heat, power windows, windshield wipers, etc. I'm about 90% positive I want to get the 2026 Kawasaki Ridge HVAC, but at $30k it's a tough purchase due to how much it will actually get used. I'm not worried about spending the money but I might get pissed seeing $30k sit there if it only gets used a few weeks per year on vacation. Basically I want it even though it's not the smartest purchase.

Anyone here have a side by side or use them? If you had to pick one of these, which color? I'm a little worried that blue might fade into a 'sky blue' color, but who knows.

Ridge-blue.jpg

Ridge-beige.jpg
 

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
16,506
1,232
I have 2 John Deere Gators and I kind of hate them. It's rare that one or the other of them isn't in the shop. I'm trying to use them on a daily basis so it might be different for someone who's just fucking around with them on the weekend. When I got them in 2020 I went that way because the Polaris Rangers had a terrible reputation for reliability but I can't imagine they would have been much worse than the gators. I think reliability is kind of an issue with these things in general though. They are just a gigantic heavy vehicle to treat like an off-road bike, the 4 door ones especially. I like them for certain things and they make it so my 9 year old nephew can come along in a safe way while we're moving cattle but if not for him I don't know if I would have one. I'd much rather ride a 4-wheeler. They are just far more nimble and you can see so much better on them. Also they're like 1/4 of the price. Trying to move cows with the side by side is just infuriating because they are so big and have such a huge turning radius. Also thanks to the visibility issue, my Mom has high-centered the side by side on rocks and stumps so god damn many times. I do have one neighbor that has a Kawasaki but I've never really asked his opinion about it.

I think if I just wanted to use one on vacation I'd look into renting. You can probably rent one a lot of times for $30,000 and you don't have to worry about storing it or repairing it in between.
 
Last edited:

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,191
10,882
They are really popular here in the high desert. Everyone I know that has bought one inevitably has it in their garage and/or yard collecting dust for the 1-2 times a year they go play at dumont dunes.
 

Sledge

Vyemm Raider
1,205
3,082
The Kawasaki's are supposed to be pretty reliable and the only brand to come with a 3 yr warranty. All other brands are only 1 yr, so they're out. I do have a fairly new quad and use it just enough to justify it's $8000 cost. My wife won't drive a quad but she said she won't have any issues sitting in the passenger seat of a side by side all day just looking at the scenery.


They are really popular here in the high desert. Everyone I know that has bought one inevitably has it in their garage and/or yard collecting dust for the 1-2 times a year they go play at dumont dunes.

That's what I'm most worried about. I watch videos of guys having a kick ass time on the trails but wonder just how often they really go out there. It's a hard purchase for something that sits most of the time. I pretty much made up my mind to get one next week, but keep second guessing myself. I might have to think about it some more.
 

Fucker

Log Wizard
17,331
43,018
The Kawasaki's are supposed to be pretty reliable and the only brand to come with a 3 yr warranty. All other brands are only 1 yr, so they're out. I do have a fairly new quad and use it just enough to justify it's $8000 cost. My wife won't drive a quad but she said she won't have any issues sitting in the passenger seat of a side by side all day just looking at the scenery.




That's what I'm most worried about. I watch videos of guys having a kick ass time on the trails but wonder just how often they really go out there. It's a hard purchase for something that sits most of the time. I pretty much made up my mind to get one next week, but keep second guessing myself. I might have to think about it some more.
I had a Kawasaki quad for a long time. 0 malfunctions and was exactly like new when I sold it.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
28,936
45,820
I have a Kawasaki Terix side by side and you have to keep up on the maintenance. Its a difference between having one last 5K hours or 20K hours. There is also specific break in cycle you have to follow, make sure you do. Oil is cheap and kind of a pain in the ass to do but you must do it. As well as the diff oil. Depending on how dusty of an area you ride in, I would also suggest a better than stock air filter. I got like a $100 one and some proper air filter oil for it. That shit is also a must if youre in a dusty ass place like I am. Amazon has the whole kit to change oil for like $40 or some shit with the real Kawasaki stuff.

As far as using it, I mean we have a cabin in the woods so we use the shit out of ours in the summer. Park it in our pole barn when done. But if you dont and have to trailer the thing somewhere to use it, well I mean thats up to you.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user