Carribean Cruises

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
do not try to bring ganja with you, or buy it anywhere you go. you will be caught, arrested, and deported from whichever country you're located in at the time.
Bought it in Honduras two years ago when we went. Obviously be careful but to pretend it's impossible is laughable.

Bought it in Honduras two years ago when we went. Obviously be careful but to pretend it's impossible is laughable.
yea i bought it and smoked a fire ass blunt with a guy in Belize. Still probably an awful awful idea.

this is me walking with Wilbur on the way to go smoke actually:

2rikWSP.jpg

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I don't think anyone is saying its impossible. Just dumb as fuck. Unless you want to be made an example of, get stuck in a shit hole prison for a few days, pay your bribe, miss your boat and have to fly home like a retard all over some weed.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
It's not impossible, in most cases it's just as easy as it is anywhere else. But the consequences can be way the fuck higher when you're arrested for drugs in a foreign country. Especially shit hole ones with corrupt or otherwise fucked up justice systems.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Guys I am leaving in a few weeks on my cruise (Honduras, Belize, Grand Cayman). Can anyone offer a 1st timer any advice on cruises in general, things to look out for when on islands, common scams, etc? Also if there are certain wild life aspects I should avoid.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I worked on cruise ships for 3 years as an assistant cruise director. As for most ports anywhere just leave the general area where you dock and you will find more culture. Second people on vacation like to have fun. Not to many scams that I know of, just use common sense and barter if you want to buy anything. Havent had any issues with wildlife. If you have more specific answers etc just ask here or pm me. I would be more than happy to help as I have been to a lot of places.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Mostly I'm afraid of giant Tarantulas and bees. I wouldn't mind seeing a tarantula from a great distance, but if one came near me I might immediately fall into a coma. We signed up for excursions at each port with the exception of one place where we kind of just wanted to walk around and enjoy it without being on a rigid schedule. If I think of anything I'll let you know, thanks!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just got back, here's my short review. We did a 7-day cruise on the Carnival Liberty out of Miami and into the Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman).

Food - This was the big thing for me, the food. The Liberty has a Guy Fieri's Burger Joint that operates from 12-6 daily and is free. The burgers are definitely better than fast food and pretty tasty overall. I'd pay fast food prices but not much more. If you order a plain cheeseburger you can add your own toppings at a topping bar and the burger is handed to you almost immediately. If you want them to make it, you could wait up to 5 minutes. The buffet area was mostly filled with black people and the food was depressing. The steak is definitely the "poorer" cuts and you can tell it is almost always the stuff the steakhouse wouldn't use. Speaking of the steakhouse, for $35/pp it wasn't too bad. The steak was good but the food is really high-class and upscale - I didn't understand most of it. If you're into that stuff it's probably great, but for us it was too high class. The formal dining area was pretty decent, but I felt they were trying too hard. Just give me a steak and mashed potatoes and I'm happy. 7/10

Decor - Ship looks really dated on the inside. Lots of neons, lots of older furniture, lots of dingy looking fixtures. The rooms were ok, but the beds smelled funny and were hard as a rock. Everything just seemed like it belonged in the early 90's. 6/10

Shows - Adult comedy was really good. I don't remember the comedians but we had 4 different ones and they were pretty good. Tough to get seating at the club, we had to generally show up around 45 minutes before showtime for any hope of a seat. The other shows were boring. A lot of musicals, a lot of partying on the Lido deck, and that was about it. I found myself reading on a deck chair most nights. I'll give it 8/10 for the comedy and the fact that others seemed to enjoy the shows.

General experience - I had a great time, but it wasn't the ship that attributed to that. Although I enjoyed it, I didn't find the appeal that most people have. The ports and excursions we chose (through Orbitz, not though the cruiseline) were amazing and are unforgettable, the ship however is forgettable. Several things really detracted from our trip: too many kids, too many rude ass people, too many black people that thought they were millionaires and being assholes, and too many college kids. I suppose we should've picked another cruiseline from the reviews, but it still wasn't too bad. 7/10

Most likely won't be cruising Carnival again, if any.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I'd be a lot happier with cruises if they had some boats with age/weight limits

Remit_sl

shitlord
I have taken about 5 NCL cruises over the last 10 years or so. I have notices a huge difference in the crowd issues in that time. They have put in more cabins in the Princess class ships since they first shipped. Those extra 100 rooms seem to have made a big difference. Now you can hardly ever find a lounge chair, a space in a hot tub, and have to show up early to shows. All decks feel more crowded at all hours of the day.

My last cruise will be just that, my last cruise. I think I would rather spend a week at a Sandals.

As for port activities, I usually just walk off the boat and find the least annoying local to show me around. Never have had a bad time at port.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
General experience - I had a great time, but it wasn't the ship that attributed to that. Although I enjoyed it, I didn't find the appeal that most people have. The ports and excursions we chose (through Orbitz, not though the cruiseline) were amazing and are unforgettable, the ship however is forgettable. Several things really detracted from our trip: too many kids, too many rude ass people, too many black people that thought they were millionaires and being assholes, and too many college kids. I suppose we should've picked another cruiseline from the reviews, but it still wasn't too bad. 7/10
I think that's the appeal of cruises for my wife and I. It's a cheap way to go to a bunch of awesome destinations. The ship isn't really the main draw. I enjoy the food, but otherwise it's just a giant water taxi.

Same experiences as the past few posters with cruises. So far I've gone to the East and West Carribean on Carnival & Bermuda with NCL.

I likely won't cruise again, I'd rather scout out a location to spend all of my time at.