Castlevania

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
First episode was pretty good and delivered some gore. Looking forward to the rest.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Ok so I really liked the first episode, the dialogue was high tier and surprising to say the least.

What the fuck is this 4 episode season shit though...?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Here is my review:

FUCK!

Fuck because it was pretty good, and fuck because it was only 4 episodes. Should have been called Prelude to Castlevania.

Cybsled

Castlevania: Journey into Blue Balls lol. That ending was specifically designed to ensure people want a season 2. I liked how Alucard had his special moves from Symphony of the Night.

But definitely give it high marks and hope they continue it. As others have pointed out, solid voice acting.

• 1Solidarity

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I enjoyed 2, but the first was definitely better. Still, both games were pretty fun to play through and I liked the tonal shift towards the end of the first game hah. The entire fall from grace aspect was pretty cool, imo. But different strokes for different folks, and all that.

The only other Castlevania game I would think has a reasonably decent story would be Symphony of the Night, but I haven't played some of the GBA/DS games to compare, really.

you could make an entire series on Castlevania2, Simon's Quest. though. the game was before such cinematics came. But really, Simon Cursed. Going around the entire countryside. monsters coming at night, and spreading. Carmilla, etc. easy to make a series out of that.

• 1Solidarity

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Simon's quest while not my favorite, captures my imagination more than any other Castlevania from my NES years.

• 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
you could make an entire series on Castlevania2, Simon's Quest. though. the game was before such cinematics came. But really, Simon Cursed. Going around the entire countryside. monsters coming at night, and spreading. Carmilla, etc. easy to make a series out of that.

Cut scenes are why I can't stand playing Lord of Shadows. Every 10 fucking steps there's a 5 minute cutscene.

• 1Like