Castlevania

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, that was great. Just watched the entire season! (lawl fucking 4 eps =|)

I was definitely not expecting -that- of an adult tone from the trailer. No wonder though, Garth Ennis was one of the producers. Can't wait for more.

Siliconemelons

you could make an entire series on Castlevania2, Simon's Quest. though. the game was before such cinematics came. But really, Simon Cursed. Going around the entire countryside. monsters coming at night, and spreading. Carmilla, etc. easy to make a series out of that.

Simon's quest while not my favorite, captures my imagination more than any other Castlevania from my NES years.

I have always loved CV2 AND Zelda 2 - both expanded their original games so much and were imo too much for the systems and game play mechanics of the time - both expanded story, scope, graphics - everything. I actually thought CV3 was a step backwards- but "everyone" loved it...

The animation is based on CV3 with plot elements that were given to us in SOTN - I am only 1.5 episodes in, so I am eager to see if they bring in any plot elements of others...like do they include stuff from the Curse of Darkness 3d game, it was after CV3 and with Trevor. The anime has been great so far- its on prime timeline, as much as I loved the reboot, Lord of Shadows - the primary plotline is actually quite good.

I just do wonder if they can keep from having alucard tell dracula what lisas last words were- as that is what was done at the end of SOTN - and technically after SOTN, I do not think there were any "natural" resurrections - they were all summons / revived by others - and in the games were he was summoned - you can kind of tell he is not really..."the same" i.e POR and even OOE. Because once he was told of Lisa's last words he asks for forgiveness when alucard finishes him off... seems like to me, that is the "end" of his war with humans en mass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
you probably going to be done with it, by the time you even see this.
but s1 here is very short. Prelude to Castlevania 3.

Official timeline.
1797-SOTN
1897-Quincy Morris. (no game. this is Lucy's fiance from Bram stokers dracula)
1999-Battle of 1999. Permanent death of Dracula. Julius Belmont. Belmonts vanished for a while before this. Morris's had the whip. No game. Aria of Sorrow mentions it.

Castlevania gets very... anime over time. much like final fantasy.
Aria of sorrow/dawn of sorrow.
Count dracula highschool student. shibuya prefecture. 17 years old.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This was very good and I can't wait for season 2. I couldn't believe it was only 4 episodes!

Siliconemelons

you probably going to be done with it, by the time you even see this.
but s1 here is very short. Prelude to Castlevania 3.

Official timeline.
1797-SOTN
1897-Quincy Morris. (no game. this is Lucy's fiance from Bram stokers dracula)
1999-Battle of 1999. Permanent death of Dracula. Julius Belmont. Belmonts vanished for a while before this. Morris's had the whip. No game. Aria of Sorrow mentions it.

Castlevania gets very... anime over time. much like final fantasy.
Aria of sorrow/dawn of sorrow.
Count dracula highschool student. shibuya prefecture. 17 years old.

IGA for all his faults...mostly making it anime-y, did keep the franchise alive. I do not know why they never just let him make the 1999 game- Aria and Dawn were great games. The PSP remake of Rondo was...okay, I suppose. Bloodstained is 2 years over due- its like him and his 3 flat mates making the damn thing... they are having the same issues they did with Rondo remake, they have issues, for whatever reasons... making a 3D game with a set POV act like a 2D sprite game.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really enjoyed this. I did not play the later games so the story is all pretty new to me. I think 4 episodes is fucking ridiculous and i am glad they are going to 8 for season 2.

• 1Worf

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I got the feeling watching this that one of the only reasons it was made was so they could have the line,

"Because I'm Trevor Fucking Belmont!"

• 2Worf

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
That was good stuff, but only 4 episodes is bullshit. Season 2 needs to be at least double that.

Siliconemelons

I wonder if Grant deNasty is going to show up- I thought it was him who during one of the final crowd scenes was the first dude that jumped up and shanked the corrupted priest guy.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didn't realize Warren Ellis was writing this, now I definitely have to watch it.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
What a fucking tease.

I mean, I loved it. But that was too goddamn short.

• 2Solidarity

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Finished up tonight. Fun four episodes but the action in the final ep took the cake. Great fight scene, liked the animation a lot.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This was awesome.

But damn do I have a case of blueballs.

• 1Like

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
My first instinct after watching the first two EPs was it feels like anime made by white people. I'm glad it's voiced in Japanese at least. They tried.

The pinnacle of Castlevania was SoTN. Would have preferred this instead tbh:

castlevsotnArt23.jpg

*i finished it, oh so it is going to be the SoTN story (lel)

it has potential

Last edited:

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
What a fucking tease.

I mean, I loved it. But that was too goddamn short.

That was my only complaint. It just got to the good stuff and was done. Plus side its already green lit for a season two that is twice as long.