Cats (2019)

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
fuck that shit, saw this commercial everyday for years

Wake up super early for Sunday morning cartoons--this commercial every time. Actually got hit with a huge amount of nostalgia just hearing it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I thought this thread was going to be about actual cats.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I was never a Cats fan to begin with but this is just horrible. The one thing Cats has in terms of fame is Memories and Hudson is absolutely screaming and butchering it. So even if they clean up the CGI and tweak the imagery, I don't think the music is even going to receive good press.

100% disagree on the butchering of Memories. The ONE thing I took from this was that she was singing the hell out of that song.

...And whoever that is singing can fucking sing. Wow.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I guess the main question is how they could fuck something up so massively and not see it.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I saw this pic and I was interested in this movie.....

I saw this thread and I am cured of that interest, thank you internet.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Okay, real talk:

I am sure this movie will be an artistic marvel - the music and performances will be fantastic, the choreography spot on, the visuals stunning and immersive. It will win so many fucking awards they will need a moving van travelling from show to show to collect them all.

And I would rather eat rat poison chased by bleach than ever watch more than the preview. Clearly, I am not the audience for this. I always preferred comedies and drama for my stage shows, rather than musicals. I've never been able to wrap my overtly left brain-dominance around the concept of anything presented as a musical. I would die a slow, painful death if I was confined to only watching Bollywood movies.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
3k8z5yE8ZNJgDijR6FyxMUeaWS0.jpg

Title: Cats

Tagline: You will believe.

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Music

Director: Tom Hooper

Cast: Francesca Hayward, James Corden, Judi Dench, Jason Derulo, Idris Elba, Jennifer Hudson, Ian McKellen, Taylor Swift, Rebel Wilson, Laurie Davidson, Mette Towley, Robert Fairchild, Steven McRae, Ray Winstone, Larry Bourgeois, Laurent Bourgeois, Zizi Strallen, Eric Underwood, Melissa Madden-Gray

Release: 2019-12-19

Runtime: 110

Plot: A tribe of cats called the Jellicles must decide yearly which one will ascend to the Heaviside Layer and come back to a new Jellicle life.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Okay, real talk:

I am sure this movie will be an artistic marvel - the music and performances will be fantastic, the choreography spot on, the visuals stunning and immersive. It will win so many fucking awards they will need a moving van travelling from show to show to collect them all.

And I would rather eat rat poison chased by bleach than ever watch more than the preview. Clearly, I am not the audience for this. I always preferred comedies and drama for my stage shows, rather than musicals. I've never been able to wrap my overtly left brain-dominance around the concept of anything presented as a musical. I would die a slow, painful death if I was confined to only watching Bollywood movies.

The visuals are garbage. The songs arent my cup of tea so you have to ask a faggot if they did the play a disservice.the rest is jjst a hot mess

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
illwatch it. it does hit the uncanney valley for sure, but i can get past it.

It is not like I'm trying to fuck any of those cats.

PS: The main cat/ballerina is black.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Wake up super early for Sunday morning cartoons--this commercial every time. Actually got hit with a huge amount of nostalgia just hearing it.

But did any of us actually ever watch Cats?

We were all of us attacked as children, forced fed this commercial over and over, but never, never once was I compelled to ask my parents if we could see Cats...why...why would a little boy want to watch people dress like weird cat people and dance?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
But did any of us actually ever watch Cats?

We were all of us attacked as children, forced fed this commercial over and over, but never, never once was I compelled to ask my parents if we could see Cats...why...why would a little boy want to watch people dress like weird cat people and dance?
It wasnt just cats. They bombarded tv with a lot of ads for plays. 42nd street,

Edwin drood, that barber play that johny depp did the movie later, lion king, les miserable etc. Cats was just really popular. There was also the iconic one for Big Apple Circus which played NON STOP for years.
The same one hour after hour. I never wanted to see that thing, but somebody must have.

-edit
how can i forget this one
A Chorus Line
they played this shit for an eternity.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user