Chat GPT AI

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
How much do you save replacing them?

I imagine it's a lot harder to sell non-AI solutions than it was before. Is your company incorporating AI? I hope so. Has that 'impacted' your job at all?
It has impacted my job in that I make a lot more money now.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I guarantee I make more than you.
Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
LOL. This matches my experience as a platform developer working with this tech for the past year for this same use case.

Extensive QA + red-teaming shows that Generative AI consistently leaks data from the training sets and fine-tuning layers, while also just plain making shit up.

None of my clients have deployed customer-facing generative chatbots for these reasons, instead opting to use older, much more tested conversational AI APIs for their bots. They 'stick to the script.'

Generative AI is pretty great at analyzing call transcriptions though, but extremely expensive due to the token cost.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
LOL. This matches my experience as a platform developer working with this tech for the past year for this same use case.

Extensive QA + red-teaming shows that Generative AI consistently leaks data from the training sets and fine-tuning layers, while also just plain making shit up.

None of my clients have deployed customer-facing generative chatbots for these reasons, instead opting to use older, much more tested conversational AI APIs for their bots. They 'stick to the script.'

Generative AI is pretty great at analyzing call transcriptions though, but extremely expensive due to the token cost.
This has been my experience too(making shit up). My fellow employees will use it to look up answers to development questions and we frequently find it will fabricate commandline options to utilities or parameters to API calls.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This has been my experience too(making shit up). My fellow employees will use it to look up answers to development questions and we frequently find it will fabricate commandline options to utilities or parameters to API calls.
If your APIs are well documented, you can actually feed the documentation back to it in the chat session and it will do a much better job at answering. But this means you have to a) know that it answered incorrectly in the first place and b) have the documentation handy, at which point, why did you ask a chatbot? :trump:

I do this with the Python docs all the time just for fun though. Generative AI's real use is being a computer you can have fun arguing with, not really an enterprise app.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
My fellow employees will use it to look up answers to development questions and we frequently find it will fabricate commandline options to utilities or parameters to API calls.

ChatGPT makes up enough shit that more of a time sink than than google + stackoverflow, at least for the R coding I do. It gives very pretty results that 50% of the time call functions/libraries that don't exist, have subtle syntax errors, or just flat refuses to actually address the weird edge case I'm trying to solve.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
ChatGPT makes up enough shit that more of a time sink than than google + stackoverflow, at least for the R coding I do. It gives very pretty results that 50% of the time call functions/libraries that don't exist, have subtle syntax errors, or just flat refuses to actually address the weird edge case I'm trying to solve.
It's definitely the student that Googles their homework on stackoverflow without understanding any of the code.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Hey Mist Mist , shoot me a PM if you find yourself in the bread line any time soon. As long as you can cook crispy bacon and give a decent tugger, I'll let you sleep at the foot of the bed. I'll put you in a mumu and turn that dusty old womb into a baby cannon.

edit: Another hilarious news article...

Last edited:
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
What AI is really about:

Marketing creating more fake customers to sell things to.
If they're spending real people's real money, they're real customers.

“There are several thousands of printer cartridges that are shipped daily with no human intervention as a result of this IoT connectivity and intelligence.”

Lol, of course it's printer ink. Fuckers.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is there a safer url for whatever you're trying to share? That looks quite suspicious.
You mean other than the actual website linked right above it thats not just a straight link to the Mp4?

But outside of that, Im impressed that you run your security so low that a simple link could lead to your computer getting aids.