Chat GPT AI

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
This is exactly what human bullshitters do.
Right, at the moment these things are best described as infinite bullshitting engines. That's probably good enough for use cases like fiction and art, but obviously not where there's a ground truth that must be matched (although sometimes it succeeds even there). There's clearly also some significant sensitivity to the exact expression and sequence of prompts.

1675123210900.png

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Right, at the moment these things are best described as infinite bullshitting engines. That's probably good enough for use cases like fiction and art, but obviously not where there's a ground truth that must be matched (although sometimes it succeeds even there).

View attachment 456168
AKTUALLY, female horses have eggs. Maybe somewhere out there in internet land people buy/sell/eat them.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Y'all taking years of calculus did it wrong. 1 semester of Business Calc ftw, baby.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
AI voice is a thing too, but going to be locked down much faster;

Problem with deepfake voices is that impersonators can do better and have been able to impersonate for decades and I can't think of any instances of impersonators landing celebs in trouble over fake recordings.

this cracks me up though:
AI experts have told Gizmodo this push to get things out the door without an ethics review will continue to lead to issues like this.
The fuck is an "ethics review" going to do? We all know AI voices are going to be used for. There's no stopping it.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Problem with deepfake voices is that impersonators can do better and have been able to impersonate for decades and I can't think of any instances of impersonators landing celebs in trouble over fake recordings.

this cracks me up though:

The fuck is an "ethics review" going to do? We all know AI voices are going to be used for. There's no stopping it.
I keep reading all kinds of shit about the future of AI and no one really has any idea, obviously. All I get a chuckle at so far is reading about people thinking they can control AI and its future. An "Ethics Review" may stop some of the early AI's and force them down, but not everyone around the world cares about what color skin or gender someone is.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Does it have up to date access to the internet at that price point? Or is it still pulling from a snapshot of the internet 2-3 years ago?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'd pay $20 a month for what i enjoyed before they retarded it. I signed up to the waitlist.

I can't even get passed it's cloudflare screening now, lol

Ill buy it if im not limited in time/output. I asked it to write a bare rental agreement for a piece of equipment to compare it to what our lawyers work up and it timed out after giving me about half the agreement. What it gave me looked spot on though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Does it have up to date access to the internet at that price point? Or is it still pulling from a snapshot of the internet 2-3 years ago?
Ill buy it if im not limited in time/output. I asked it to write a bare rental agreement for a piece of equipment to compare it to what our lawyers work up and it timed out after giving me about half the agreement. What it gave me looked spot on though.
I'm sure it'll be a "best effort" kinda situation where it's performance and uptime varies. Unlimited requests is infeasible, but ~50 a day at minimum would be acceptable to a lot i think.

I think I'd be most curious about a paid version that relaxed its content limiters and opportunities to train it on a personal codebase. I feel like if you're shelling out money you should he able to get a little flexibility in content.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm sure it'll be a "best effort" kinda situation where it's performance and uptime varies. Unlimited requests is infeasible, but ~50 a day at minimum would be acceptable to a lot i think.

I think I'd be most curious about a paid version that relaxed its content limiters and opportunities to train it on a personal codebase. I feel like if you're shelling out money you should he able to get a little flexibility in content.
Best part for me is I will have the company buy the subscription so I can play with it.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I've quickly found ChatGPT invaluable for software development. Will happily pay $20 monthly.

• 1Solidarity