Chat GPT AI

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Eve online now has an AI run corporation (guild). This should interesting. Hope it scans FoH for good answers for leadership lol.

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
I’m impressed with chat GPT-4

it can only get better and better.

Going to be very interesting times around 2030 to see how society changes to adapt this for all the non manual professionals…

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
In 2030, society is going to be split into ChatGPT simps and STEM chads.

• 1Worf

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
In 2030, society is going to be split into ChatGPT simps and STEM chads.
Not sure you fully comprehend how effective this will become.

The Chads will lose out every time as well, unless merged, but then every simp that also has merged will just be as good as the “Chads”.

That is what will be so interesting in the near future.

Just think AI vs Lee Sedol, but in STEM!

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Not sure you fully comprehend how effective this will become.

The Chads will lose out every time as well, unless merged, but then every simp that also has merged will just be as good as the “Chads”.

That is what will be so interesting in the near future.

Just think AI vs Lee Sedol, but in STEM!
You overestimate what the current AI can do in S and M portions of STEM. And you also overestimate what future AI will be. This is exactly the same discussion that was had over a decade ago about self driving cars and the results will be exactly the same.

• 1Like
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You overestimate what the current AI can do in S and M portions of STEM. And you also overestimate what future AI will be. This is exactly the same discussion that was had over a decade ago about self driving cars and the results will be exactly the same.
Yes, eventually it will happen in one form or another.

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
Sorry but no, I reckon you are underestimating progress by looking into the past, the rate of improvement is not going to be the same.

you are looking at it with a flat line of progression when it is going to be more of a hockey curve upwards.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Sorry but no, I reckon you are underestimating progress by looking into the past, the rate of improvement is not going to be the same.

you are looking at it with a flat line of progression when it is going to be more of a hockey curve upwards.
I am looking at it with understanding of what current AI is. And what you just said is exactly the same shit that was said about self driving cars a decade ago and like I said, the outcome will be the same.

• 1Like

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
I am looking at it with understanding of what current AI is. And what you just said is exactly the same shit that was said about self driving cars a decade ago and like I said, the outcome will be the same.
This discussion is not about self driving cars. This is about chat GPT.

Try to stay on topic instead of going off elsewhere.

There is a reason why I mentioned “Non-manual professions” as I’m aware of the difficulties of real world navigation and battery issues….

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This discussion is not about self driving cars. This is about chat GPT.

Try to stay on topic instead of going off elsewhere.

There is a reason why I mentioned “Non-manual professions” as I’m aware of the difficulties of real world navigation and battery issues….
One thing is certain, whatever you do for a living is the type of a job that is in danger from AI.

• 2Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One thing is certain, whatever you do for a living is the type of a job that is in danger from AI.
Nah.

Client: "So yeah, all those meal and entertainment charges are business related. Let's deduct them."

GPT Accountant: ""I'm sorry Hal, but according to your EV's data sensors, you went to an address that is the same as your mistress' house, added a person to the front passenger seat who weighed the same as your mistress, and then took her to an expensive dinner. That does not qualify as a business expense."

Client: "Ok, you got me. "

GPT: "ps.. your tax prep fee is now double. Failure to pay it and the info gets emailed to your wife. Have a nice day."

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Nah.

Client: "So yeah, all those meal and entertainment charges are business related. Let's deduct them."

GPT Accountant: ""I'm sorry Hal, but according to your EV's data sensors, you went to an address that is the same as your mistress' house, added a person to the front passenger seat who weighed the same as your mistress, and then took her to an expensive dinner. That does not qualify as a business expense."

Client: "Ok, you got me. "

GPT: "ps.. your tax prep fee is now double. Failure to pay it and the info gets emailed to your wife. Have a nice day."

That's never going to happen. When data can really be integrated like that, it will just be piped directly to the NSA, analyzed, forwarded to the IRS, and they'll deduct taxes from your bank account and "save you the trouble of filing."

• 2Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
That's never going to happen. When data can really be integrated like that, it will just be piped directly to the NSA, analyzed, forwarded to the IRS, and they'll wait for you to make a mistake, so they can audit and fine you and make even more, thereby justifying their existence.
ftfy

towing season 11 GIF

Captain Suave

The IRS doesn't even have staff to chase down people who completely fail to file, never mind audit anything but the biggest and most blatant frauds.

By example, this year I declared (legitimately) a $250,000 capital loss on private stock from my wife's previous employer that went belly-up, without any documentation and offsetting six figures in capital gains from stock sales that I used for a house down payment, and they didn't even blink and accepted the return.

• 2Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
The IRS doesn't even have staff to chase down people who completely fail to file, never mind audit anything but the biggest and most blatant frauds.

By example, this year I declared (legitimately) a $250,000 capital loss on private stock from my wife's previous employer that went belly-up, without any documentation and offsetting six figures in capital gains from stock sales that I used for a house down payment, and they didn't even blink and accepted the return.
Gay Men Taking Notes GIF

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

The more computers have become involed in my line of work the last 35 years the more money I make. A lot went to 3d modeling of structures for design and shop drawings. That works great, for new structures which is a tiny portion of the entire industry.

DoW chemical thought they had a work around from having a real live person in the field. They used one of those scanning lasers to scan a smoke stack for replacement and all the circular platforms on it. Worked great they just forgot one thing. The lasers shoots from the ground looking up. Design, engineering and shop drawings are made in plan view looking down. Yup entire thing fabricated upside down.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

If you want job security get into a field that nothing or very little is written down and instead goes by word of mouth. I am " on retainer" for lack of a better phrase because I ask questions, make notes in the field and talk to old timers like my dad about how they did things you can't see that are inside a furnace, under insulation on a vessel and such. I get paid often to "take a guess" at what is there they can't see.

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
If you want job security get into a field that nothing or very little is written down and instead goes by word of mouth. I am " on retainer" for lack of a better phrase because I ask questions, make notes in the field and talk to old timers like my dad about how they did things you can't see that are inside a furnace, under insulation on a vessel and such. I get paid often to "take a guess" at what is there they can't see.
About job security. I would think the trades would be the last to go and thus the most secure till the day robots become as mobile in I, Robot.

The trades requires the trifectia of knowledge, mobility and manual work all combined together.

Cannot be undone till real world phsyical navigation and the battery issue is solved which I reckon will be last.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

And once you get audited once, the fear of audit goes away completely and you realize how much room for creativity there is in taxes. Especially once you toss a schedule C and a schedule F on the pile.

I swear they must just use a RNG to determine who gets audited.

Captain Suave

And once you get audited once, the fear of audit goes away completely and you realize how much room for creativity there is in taxes. Especially once you toss a schedule C and a schedule F on the pile.

Yeah. I'm pretty aggressive with my schedule C. I've never been fully audited but I'm 5 for 5 on arguing with the IRS about various things and up mid-5 figures as a result. As long as what you're doing isn't totally beyond the pale and you have some kind of documentation they tend to roll over.

Last edited:
  • 1Like