Chernobyl

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It deserves it. There wasn't a single minute of the episode that wasn't amazing in some way. The courtroom scene and the accompanying flashback is likely one of the most well-made bits of television... ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Jesus I knew someone was going to say something about the casting. So fucking retarded. It's Russia, folks. Not too many black people.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
They did cast a black guy. He was the one that went right, looked over the edge, and stuck his foot under the graphite.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Just watched ep 2 - 3. I was tense the whole time. Now I have a migraine. Fucking intense. How fucking awful.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I loved the show, but...

If this article is true I'm a little disappointed in the accuracy of it.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I saw her site back when it was new and it was one of the first that went into the area and posted all the pictures.

Before it was all opened up to tourists people went there photographing the area. They moved stuff around to add to the scene like moving gasmasks and childrens dolls and shit.
You'd have though that common sense would dictate that you don't move anything just in case. All that shit in the hospital basement that the firefighters wore for example.

Apparently people were going there for years and years to find shit to steal even though it was all cordoned off - Guess a bribe to someone and you could just drive right in and out.

You must be in a bad spot in life if you're prepared to steal shit from Pripyat of all places.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Apparently people were going there for years and years to find shit to steal even though it was all cordoned off - Guess a bribe to someone and you could just drive right in and out.

You must be in a bad spot in life if you're prepared to steal shit from Pripyat of all places.
why would you steal radioactive souvenir!!!

gak

<Gold Donor>
If this article is true I'm a little disappointed in the accuracy of it.

Don't watch "The Terror".

c.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That article is overly harsh.

Mazin took some artistic license but the show is critically acclaimed and was well executed. It told the story it was trying to tell, quite successfully.

Radiation contamination IS contagious in a general sense. Once an object is exposed and or contaminated, it absolutely can lead to further exposure.

And the only "bleeding" from radiation happens once your skin begins to fall off. Anyone who was shown bleeding at the plant during the disaster was scalded with steam or suffered injury from explosive debris.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That article is overly harsh.

Mazin took some artistic license but the show is critically acclaimed and was well executed. It told the story it was trying to tell, quite successfully.

Radiation contamination IS contagious in a general sense. Once an object is exposed and or contaminated, it absolutely can lead to further exposure.

And the only "bleeding" from radiation happens once your skin begins to fall off. Anyone who was shown bleeding at the plant during the disaster was scalded with steam or suffered injury from explosive debris.
it's overly harsh, b/c the writer has an agenda

first off he's weird as fuck, a sanfran hippie that is an ADVOCATE for nuclear power
"Like most people, I started out pretty anti-nuclear. I changed my mind as I realised you can't power a modern economy on solar and wind... All they do is make the electricity system chaotic and provide greenwash for fossil fuels."

so there's heavy bias

a commonsense hippie? sure why not

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I don't give a shit if it's "harsh" or "biased". I want to know if it's accurate. The numbers I've heard in the past about Chernobyl were more like what the article said than what the show portrayed it as.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
It looks like the combination of many agendas plus Soviet incompetence/cover up makes it pretty hard to say for sure how many people actually died but I'm thinking the WHO estimate of around 4000 is probably closer than the 90K+ that some people estimate.

Deaths due to the Chernobyl disaster - Wikipedia

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't think anti-nuclear was the intention of the show either, but based on anecdotal Facebook posts I've seen it seems it's had that effect unfortunately. People have to see how many monumental fuckups had to occur for Chernobyl to even happen. This was over 30 years ago. How many nuclear power plant issues have occurred since?

Cybsled

I just read Russia is producing its own Chernobyl mini series, but it blames CIA spies for the meltdown

LUL

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 3 users