Chernobyl

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't get half of the memes posted in this thread.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It was common practice for nuclear power plant engineers to wear lab coat and cap in order to prevent foreign material from your personal clothing, or your hair, from getting into the control panel.

All those instrumentation and switches can be vulnerable to debris.

Maybe they thought it just looked professional as well.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A lot of people hate on Mazin, but I feel like he is very down to earth and is as much as fan as he is a writer. He enjoys the material, and is passionate about his work.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Fucking instagram influencers.

C1E81591-279A-446A-804A-C4723A3E5928.png

omg, give dyatlov an award if chernobyl can kill these bitches off
images

kill them all, they're fogging up rain forrests for foggier thott pics
giphy.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Everything the Russians built was a piece of shit. The entire population wanted stuff made in the West (which you could buy on the black market). They stole half the designs for anything notable from the West and still managed to fuck whatever it was they were building up.

Financially they spent so much money chasing the US in the arms race and building armies that they never had a pot to piss in from 1950-1990.

Deutschland 86 is a good TV show concerning East/West Germany at the time (although it's fictional).
Yeah the east german had a Zeiss factory they took over, that happened to be on the east side of germany, The Zeiss Jena factory. And even with all that knowledge and machinery they still could not build lenses and optics like the W germans did. Its a shit system filled with nothing but corruption, lies, bribery, and deceit.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I watched this with my girl, which is rare because we don't really enjoy much of the same TV. She grew up in Slavutych (right outside the radiological preserve) and her mom worked as a pediatrician for some university studying the long term effects of fallout.

She actually liked it a lot, surprisingly. But didn't like that everyone sounded British... lol. Not sure why some of you here think the place is a wasteland of ash and dust. Wildlife and plants returned to Pripyat very shortly after the meltdown itself. As you can see from the infinite amounts of footage people take from wandering in there and being edgy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user