Chess

Chris

Potato del Grande
Any good starter books?
See attached, these got me to 1200 just reading them once each and not studying.

I also have "The Amateur's Mind" but too large to attach.

Attachments

• Play Winning Chess_ An Introduction to the Moves, Strategies and Philosophy of Chess from the ...pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The WCC match is starting up again on Friday... it will be interesting to see what the big gap since the last game does to the match if anything.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What kind of rules we thinking?

Swiss or knockout?

1 game or best of 3?
Knockout is probably the best way given we're in a situation where scheduling will probably be an issue. I'd say the games is dependent on how fast it is. Most of the time 1 game is sufficient for casual things. My personal preference is for 1 0 or 0 1 games online, but something in the 10/0 or 30/0 range is probably the most agreeable time to a more casual crowd. Or are we forgoing timekeeping entirely?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I would prefer at least 3/0 time controls, but am down for some of the slower ones as well. Knockout seems fine.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I was 1600ish as a kid but am probably far below that now. I'd be game if the format is convenient.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
How do knights move?
motion graphics blender GIF
1638699058239.gif

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
the "how do knights move" question came up now at the world championship game post game interview a couple of days ago. Apparently it's a troll thing between Magnus Carlsen and the Botez sisters that started back in April

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Back to back Ws with the white pieces for Magnus... this match is over

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user